Author Topic: 2121----The Massacre  (Read 4158 times)

Fluffy203

2121----The Massacre
« on: 9 September 2009, 00:22:48 »
EDIT: I have took all the clutter away and if you want to keep track of this mod , i have created an easy , simple and quick website http://selket203.webs.com/  , there we go simple quick , if you have any questions ask and i'll post new screens and news here before the site , i hope you guys enjoy this when i am finished  ;D
« Last Edit: 11 September 2009, 08:57:50 by Fluffy203 »

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
Re: 2121----The Massacre
« Reply #1 on: 9 September 2009, 00:37:17 »
Looks good is it done yet?
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 9 September 2009, 00:43:40 »
So I'm guessing the Splurg (just from looking at the tech tree) is something like the Zerg from Starcraft (or maybe Marvel Comics' Brood), right?

Fluffy203

« Reply #3 on: 9 September 2009, 00:51:03 »
you'd be right then something like it , an organic parasitic race , but with a twist with the tech tree if you can follow it  ;D

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 9 September 2009, 01:53:52 »
I like what I see so far and your texturing skills seemed to have improved a lot (the Egg texture looks awesome!), but I'll make a few minor suggestions.  I think the Hatchery might look more organic and natural if the eggs weren't laid out in such a neat grid and if there was more of a "floor" to it, like some gooey mass that branches out from the middle and joins all the eggs together (what I'm thinking of kinda looks like a neuron).  From a biotechnological standpoint, this mass could serve as some kind of incubation/monitoring organ.  In addition to that, the fleshy part at the base of the eggs could be less round and smooth.  You could roughen it up very easily using alpha transparency.  Also it might be nice if you darken the center of the Leecher's mouth to more clearly define it as the mouth.  The same goes for the Scout.  I uploaded a quick paint-over of each of your screenshots to show what I'm talking about in each case.  See them here, here, and here.

Fluffy203

« Reply #5 on: 9 September 2009, 02:16:04 »
Thank you for the suggestions and i will do exactly that cause i like the way you laid it out and thank your for hte descriptive pics  ;D

Fluffy203

« Reply #6 on: 9 September 2009, 21:55:27 »
Here is the construction Drone

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2009, 05:26:06 »
Ooh, another mod! :)
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Fluffy203

« Reply #8 on: 10 September 2009, 05:38:58 »
yes sir hope you guys like the way it is looking so far i'll have more common wealth pics up sometime this week =)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #9 on: 10 September 2009, 05:45:50 »
PS: Forgot to mention before that I just must thank you for finally following my much spread advice: DESCRIPTIONS! No more need for asterisks and odd, intimidating posts about the use of descriptions. Thank you, and may others follow suit (and in the first post, the first time, not after you release! ;) )
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Fluffy203

« Reply #10 on: 13 September 2009, 20:42:06 »
Right now working on GMD team , so mod is on a hold  ;)

bisurge

« Reply #11 on: 20 September 2009, 02:09:48 »
Splurg seems more like SCRIM from Command & Conquer than Zerg from Starcraft.

Fluffy203

« Reply #12 on: 20 September 2009, 04:54:18 »
hope i'm not copying anything cause i haven't played with that mod for C&C

bisurge

« Reply #13 on: 24 September 2009, 06:01:59 »
hope i'm not copying anything cause i haven't played with that mod for C&C

It's no mod.
It's in the C&C 3: Tiberium Wars. Playable race. Overpowered against infantry, considered an overpowered race but often defeated in competitions by 1337 SKILLAGE from GDI players (I'm taking this from the 2008 WCG Finals).

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 September 2009, 07:22:26 »
This might be semi-OT, but this is just to keep anybody from griping about the similarities between the Splurge and other species of a similar flavor.  There's not a whole lot else going on in this thread, so I don't think I'm interrupting anything. ;)

Biotech-based aliens are hardly anything new and nobody owns the idea.  Heck, humans use biotechnology a lot more than you might think.  We tamed wolves and turned them into highly-specialized dogs that are in some cases better than just about anything nature ever produced on its own (like the bloodhound's uncanny tracking ability).  Then take a look at wheat, of which we cultivate hundreds of millions of tons per year, and which was just another regular kind of grass before we got a hold of it.  Our domestic cattle are selectively bred and so pumped full of hormones that they barely resemble anything occurring in nature, and let's not even get into how they're trying to come up with featherless chickens because those things are borderline nightmare fuel.  Add biological weapons to all of that and the fact that computers based off of genetic material are predicted to overtake their silicon counterparts in the next few years and you can where biotechnology has taken us farther in some cases than mechanical technology has.  It just so happens that our horse breeding didn't keep up with automotive manufacturing and we have a lot easier time building new and better machines than breeding new and better organisms to take care of our needs, but it's easy to imagine how that could very easily go the other way, especially on an alien world with very sparse/inaccessible minerals resources but lots of biodiversity and thriving ecosystems.

anything