Author Topic: unused models from eaglestone  (Read 2404 times)

Hectate

unused models from eaglestone
« on: 12 September 2009, 02:39:02 »
I was cleaning up my computer and noticed that these files were taking up a bit of space. I went ahead and compressed them into a zip and uploaded it so I could delete it. This post serves as notice that the files contained (within that I authored) the linked zip have been released into the public domain and are free in both cost and permissions. I believe some of the files from the xml2g converters are in there as well (sorry) and they maintain whatever permissions they were originally provided under.

Contents include .blend, .xml, .g3d versions of the galleon, ironside, barge, shipyard, and other minor models - as well as all the .tga and other GIMP format images for the skins.

Feel free to use as you see fit. They probably have a few newbie errors as well (like static models with 200+ animation frames - causing bloat in the .xml and .g3d)

http://www.netlate.com/stuff/models.zip (13 MB I think)
« Last Edit: 12 September 2009, 02:46:12 by Hectate »

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: unused models from eaglestone
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2009, 02:56:13 »
These should come in handy now that water travel is enabled and we actually have a reason to have boats.  I wish more people with half-finished mods would bequeath their models to us like this.

Hectate

« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2009, 03:11:34 »
These should come in handy now that water travel is enabled and we actually have a reason to have boats.  I wish more people with half-finished mods would bequeath their models to us like this.
Agreed. If I had thought of it sooner it would already be out. I noticed the low-poly blender thread and thought about how many issues I had getting started myself. Hopefully these will help someone see a model in all it's various stages between blender and Glest.

Please ask if you have any questions or problems about/with the files. I know them fairly well (I made tham, after all) and will be glad to share or assist. Also let me know if you make something neat with them.I'd like to see!

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2009, 03:39:25 »
Agreed. If I had thought of it sooner it would already be out. I noticed the low-poly blender thread and thought about how many issues I had getting started myself. Hopefully these will help someone see a model in all it's various stages between blender and Glest.

Please ask if you have any questions or problems about/with the files. I know them fairly well (I made tham, after all) and will be glad to share or assist. Also let me know if you make something neat with them.I'd like to see!
I probably won't make anything out of them per se, but I'll probably use them as a reference when/if I get around to modeling some watercraft.

Hectate

« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2009, 03:58:56 »
I probably won't make anything out of them per se, but I'll probably use them as a reference when/if I get around to modeling some watercraft.
I mentioned it before, but the best reference I found was children's picturebooks at the library. boats are an easy subject to find too.

Hectate

« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2009, 02:52:13 »
I hadn't thought of this until just earlier, but I didn't include any information or screenshots of what the download contains. I know people like pictures though, so I've found the original thread and the post with that data.

If you would like to see some images of what is included in the download (as well as vert/poly counts) , please peruse the following post. Thanks.
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=4360.msg25675#msg25675

madmanntis

« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2009, 22:32:10 »

Water travel is now enabled?! Is this a GAE thing? This is the first I've heard about it....

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 September 2009, 23:09:05 »
Yes, it's in the latest version of GAE.  Units can be land-based, water-based, or amphibious.  There are still some details that need to be ironed out, like how to enable dock-type buildings that can be partially in the water, which would be necessary for producing ships.  Currently the only way we have to do it is to have an amphibious unit travel out into the water and make a boat.  I'm not sure if producing units on the water works or not, as I haven't tried it, but morphing apparently does.

anything