Poll

Who thinks we should make another glest team?

Yes and I want to be in it.
Yes but I don't want to be in.
No its a bad idea.
No! there are too meny mods as there is.
I don't care.

Author Topic: The new glest team  (Read 2362 times)

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
The new glest team
« on: 12 September 2009, 06:04:42 »
I do.  :)
« Last Edit: 13 September 2009, 04:58:22 by ElimiNator »
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Fluffy203

Re: A new glest team?
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2009, 06:13:01 »
I will be game for a glest team  ;D

Loronal

« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2009, 10:54:25 »
Yay hopefully I can help with something like xmls or little unit art or something till I get better at modeling

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2009, 12:54:53 »
That would be neat.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

modman

« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2009, 22:43:36 »
I do.  :)

The Glest Team is the team which worked on the original Glest.  It is closed and dissolved, after years of progress on the engine, and on Magitech.  During this time, you will notice, only two factions were made!  Also, I think none of you know C++ well enough to measure up to the original Glest Team.

I don't see what is wrong with the Glade Team as it is.  Actually, the problem is that *cough* some people promised to help/signed up, and then didn't.  Or some were enthusiastic, but didn't want to come along for the ride.  If you do make another team, you will need more committed members just to simply stay afloat.  If you aren't committed, you'll all fall apart before you can get one mod out.  That's assuming, of course, that your mod takes a moderate amount of time, thus has a moderate quality.  But the Glade Team is about doing mods well.

Another problem I see is that the Glade Team kinda was like a sifter; it sorted out the committed members at the time from those who were not.  So the committed members will not want to switch; you haven't even defined exactly what is wrong with Glade!

I would recommend stating what is wrong with the Glade Team, according you you, in the first place.  The Glade Team has stability, and committed members.  They have been in the Glade Team from the beginning.  I personally am very committed to the Glade Team, and even more so to its current project.  I have worked on Dark Magic for more than a year.  This gives the faction the advantage of tweaks and special insights which cannot be self-biased (liking the idea so much you haven't really thought it through).

I would advise anyone who wants to be a part of a mod which will be done well to join the Glade Team.  We are always happy to accept new members.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2009, 22:49:39 »
I completely agree with everything Modman just said.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2009, 22:55:01 »
Why does everyone think they're being attacked by this idea?

There's nothing wrong with the GLADE team, personally I think they do a great job, it's just my post in the GLADE team doesn't give me anything to do, and my Blender is just kicking me in the face, so I can't do any modeling. I do : ctrl-click to create a new vertex, the way I always did and all it does is move this crosshairs thing, and I can't get it do work right.

Could someone just give me all the Blender commands over PM or something.....please........

Egypt Remastered!

Fluffy203

« Reply #7 on: 12 September 2009, 22:55:17 »
I completely disagree i have almost sucessfully made 2 new factions with great textures and 3-d models with almost no problem at all , so i disagree , but everyone has their opinions  ;D

Mark

« Reply #8 on: 12 September 2009, 22:58:42 »
Maybe you should redownload blender instead of complaining about it.

@Modman-- Well said.  Nothing more to say about it.  ;)

I completely disagree i have almost sucessfully made 2 new factions with great textures and 3-d models with almost no problem at all , so i disagree , but everyone has their opinions  ;D
It thought you said you weren't good at texturing?   ???

Fluffy203

« Reply #9 on: 12 September 2009, 23:00:24 »
i'm not so hot on them , but i'm getting really really really good at it , just look at my mod , but if this team gets formed i will love to see us compared to the glade team , i like competition  ;D

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 September 2009, 23:10:02 »
There's nothing wrong with the GLADE team, personally I think they do a great job, it's just my post in the GLADE team doesn't give me anything to do
Nobody ever said you couldn't volunteer to do other things for Dark Magic.  AFAIK, nobody else stuck within the purview of their own post.
and my Blender is just kicking me in the face, so I can't do any modeling. I do : ctrl-click to create a new vertex, the way I always did and all it does is move this crosshairs thing, and I can't get it do work right.
Sounds like you're clicking too close to the axis, in which case it would select it, unless you mean the cursor, in which case maybe either your ctrl key isn't working or you screwed with the key configuration in Blender.  If you can't manage to fix it with advice, you can try by adding a plane and then changing its shape to suit whatever it is that you need to make, instead of making it point-by-point.
Could someone just give me all the Blender commands over PM or something.....please........
Google is your friend.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: 12 September 2009, 23:11:32 »
I think it would be nice to have multiple teams, that could work together or work separately, but if were going to create a second team we shouldn't call it the Glest team..........

GlestModDevelopment                                                                                         --GMD Team        --my favorite
Glest Archmage, Fluffy, Eliminator, Modding Collaboration.              --GAFEMC Team
Glest Modding                                                                                                             --GM Team          --my other favorite

Well, why not have two teams, it would be cool.

And thanks John for the Blender help. :)
Egypt Remastered!

Fluffy203

« Reply #12 on: 12 September 2009, 23:22:32 »
arch love the names and i will totally go with the GMD sounds sweet  ;D

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website