Author Topic: New Faction - Alliance and the Resistance  (Read 8491 times)

Scenariole

New Faction - Alliance and the Resistance
« on: 23 September 2009, 12:10:52 »
Alliance and the Resistance

INTRODUCTION

In the fantasy land where Humans of many tribes united as one to make the alliance. It was their mission to create world peace, and let no mind power rule. They spread across the lands to spread their word and to unite more people. They were called the Alliance. And then something bad happened...

The peoples of Gaia started to cast magic. It was the law of the Alliance to make sure no "mind" power came into the world. Being that if it had, it would be used for good. Though they fought for peace and order, the killing side of them was bad. The people who studied magic thought they would use it against any enemies to ensure victory of the Alliance, but the King knew that one day it would take over them...

Soon the peoples who practised magic left the holy lands soon to which they entered a different land where demons, souls and vicious creatures lived. They had no choice but to inhabit these lands or else their throats would be slashed by the swords of the Alliance. It was then that the monsters and the humans made a new order. The Resistance.

It was about 500 years later until the Alliance spread across a new continent having 3 continents belonging to the Alliance and 4 more continents left to conquer but a Scout found a camp near the area they were checking up upon. They found these evil monsters and crazy humans eating a cow's flesh. It was then that the Alliance and the Resistance fought for the main land, having 3 continents for the Alliance and 3 for the Resistance, and 1 to be fought for...

INFORMATION

The Alliance and the Disorderly mod is based upon 2 factions each with various weaknesses and strengths acording to this table here:

Alliance

Melee : >>>>>
Magic : >
Range: >>>>
Upgrades: >>>>>
Swarm: >>>>
Attack: >>>>
Defense: >>>

Disorderly

Melee: >>>>
Magic: >>>>>
Range: >>
Upgrades: >>
Swarm: >>>
Attack: >>>>>
Defense: >>

Alliance: The basic faction. Having strengths of both close and long range makes this faction the ideal one. The strength may not so be as powerful as the Disorderly's but having a swarm tactic (having men in great numbers) will just make them even more powerful. The variety of upgrades allows you to fully enhance your units making them effective even better as you grow your empire.

Overall this faction is best for Begginers and Intermediates and people who like this faction. Their offense and defense is well balanced along with speed, this faction can easily wipe out opponents with a "swarm" tactic.

Disorderly: The complex faction. This faction has a very strong offense front. Their strength is very powerful which can easily wipe out opponents. Yet to be able to kill an enemy in melee in just a few hits and to kill an enemy in magic in moderate amount of hits makes this faction to not be messed with. Not much upgrades as needed since they already have their high power. Not to mention this faction can easily burn-out your resources, meaning you will be spending alot.

A faction right for Advanced people and people who like this faction. Offense is to the max but has the lack of speed and low defense. This faction can easily wipe out the enemy forces quiet easily having a balance of melee and magic units.

HOW I MADE IT

This faction was just made for fun since I felt that the 'magitech' faction was just not good enough. Like it could be improved. So I decided to modify it and make something a little bit more interesting and fun. Not to mention the AI is much harder than the 'magitech' ones.

If you are going to ask why I still have the same sounds I can answer it here. I do not have the resources to make it. I do not have a microphone to make music nor do I have the time to google sounds.

And for the models, all of them are the same except the textures. I just edited some just to make it look abit better.

I do not own any models, all of them are from the 'magitech' faction and a few from titi's 'megapack_v4'.

TECHTREE

DISORDERLY:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6678/disorderlytechtree.png[/img]Note: There are a few more units, just can't be bothered...

ALLIANCE:
-To be made

SCREENSHOTS

Alliance:

[img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6178/allyresist3.png[/img]
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6443/allyresist4.png[/img]

Disorderly:

[img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8042/allyresist1.png[/img]
[img]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2743/allyresist2.png[/img]

Download link:

File size: 83 Meg approx compressed, 135 Meg approx opened

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=34d2c5b4e16a6aa72fb2ca15d7ea42d9e04e75f6e8ebb871
--

Please enjoy, comment and download. Open for cons, pros what-ever. You can use any models in the pack since its not mine...

Credits to the 'magitech' techs, and titi's megapack_v4.

UPDATES

Since it takes a long time for my computer to upload big files, any updates will be probably be posted here where you can replace the file with the new updated file.

-

PLEASE PLAY IN ULTRA AI, NORMAL CPU IS VERY WEAK SINCE THEY DON'T MAKE ANY UNITS, OR VERY LITTLE UNITS... AND ULTRA AI IS TWICE AS FUN!

MAPS FOR THE TECHTREE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allyresist_FinalBattle

[img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5208/allyfinalbattlemap.png[/img]
As you can see from the picture above, it is a map with 3 islands. This map is NOT FLAT. If you press "F" in the game and press "S" key to toggle the view, you can see that the ground is not flat, it is very bumpy which makes this map look very natural. This map goes well with my "allyresist" faction where you can go to the strand in the picture below:

[url=https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=4630.0][img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3789/glestsig.png[/img][/url]
Keep in mind that when you play, it is recommended you play with the "allyresist" faction, because it really doubles the fun, especially the background faction music which pumps your heart. This map has many resource spots, and is a perfect map to play against other humans. This map is suitable for nearly all tactics including swarm, tank, attack-from-behind etc.

Please have fun!

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=34d2c5b4e16a6aa72fb2ca15d7ea42d9e04e75f6e8ebb871
Alliance:
[img]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1953/allyfinalbattlealliance.png[/img]
Disorderly:
[img]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2632/allyfinalbattledisorder.png[/img]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: 7 October 2016, 23:09:15 by filux »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Mod - Alliance and the Resistance
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2009, 12:20:10 »
Wow! Nice job, and welcome to the forums. :)
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Scenariole

« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2009, 21:55:10 »
Thanks for the welcome but I joined here about 6 months ago :P I just was on holidays so I couldn't make some scenarios.

Anyways there will be a 5 quest series based on this techtree which all of them will be released at the same time. Hope you guys enjoy it

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2009, 23:18:41 »
Well, you join only a little over a month after I did, but you have a lot of posting to do if you want to catch up to me. :P JK.
Egypt Remastered!

Scenariole

« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2009, 23:28:23 »
Yeah, I gotta do alot of posting :P But where? I find it really hard to make pointless posts...

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2009, 23:29:31 »
I was kidding don't spam the forums. ::)

You need new models I see.
Egypt Remastered!

Scenariole

« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2009, 23:35:46 »
I ain't good at making 3d models so I just edit the texture in photoshop to make it look better...

Blender is just way too hard...

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2009, 23:39:21 »
Well, how old are you?

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, otherwise you not too young.

I can model and animate in Blender, you should try learning to texture and then we would be a team.
Egypt Remastered!

Scenariole

« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2009, 23:43:12 »
We could be a team :D, but we need ideas for a new mod or something.

Anyways im working on drawing some crap techtree. I don't even remember what makes what since the AI for the disorderly bugged, I had to change lots of things....

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: 23 September 2009, 23:46:02 »
Seriously how old are you?
I'm 12 as you probably already know.

No I could model a little for this one, that would give me plenty to do, on top of what I already have to do.
Egypt Remastered!

Scenariole

« Reply #10 on: 23 September 2009, 23:51:28 »
13 >.>

This faction is no where near from being 100% completed, we could still improove the models and etc, im still fixing the bug since the dragon is flying on land where its supposed to be in the air...

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: 24 September 2009, 00:04:21 »
All you do is change the field thing in the XMLs, that's not a bug.
13, hmmmmmm, well if you have the will to learn modeling, that's all you need.
Egypt Remastered!

Scenariole

« Reply #12 on: 24 September 2009, 00:05:04 »
UPDATE:

Posted a weird techtree. This doesn't include upgrades but it gives you a rough idea what makes what and what needs what. Just play my techtree to see it all :P

Scenariole

« Reply #13 on: 24 September 2009, 00:06:54 »

Sorry for bump but...

I think ill take a pass on learning to model... I can draw really good like anime and crap, but not that good at photoshop :( Modelling is hard, especially when animating

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #14 on: 24 September 2009, 00:09:15 »
Please compress in (.7z) because it's the best compression out there, it will help people download, and help you upload faster.

By the way, you mod is very similar to my old Eleminion mod.
Egypt Remastered!

Scenariole

« Reply #15 on: 24 September 2009, 00:12:39 »
I dont have a program which could compress it to 7z and I refuse to upload it again since it took me 6 hours to upload something like this...

You could download it, compress it to the 7z file and give me the link so I could put it in the topic. And I don't know what the Eliminion mod is, but im guessing its an edit of the magitech made by you?

ALSO:

PLEASE PLAY IN ULTRA AI, THE NORMAL CPU IS WEAK AND THEY HARDLY MAKE ANY UNITS

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: New Faction - Alliance and the Resistance
« Reply #16 on: 24 September 2009, 00:34:48 »
Actually it's way different that magitech, as it has 3 factions.
Egypt Remastered!

Scenariole

« Reply #17 on: 24 September 2009, 01:13:46 »
archmage, have you played my tech yet? :D Hope you tried it on ultra CPU since when you play on normal CPU the alliance doesn't make any units other than workers, and the disorderly keeps making daemons in small amounts...

But when you play ultra, the alliance kicks your ass with light cavalry along with archers and the ultra disorderly makes lots of sorceres, and kills you with dragons and dark knights.

Either you play too easy or too hard. Thats just the way things are :P

Fluffy203

« Reply #18 on: 24 September 2009, 01:45:57 »
haven't tried this mod , but seems like you just re did the magitech

Scenariole

« Reply #19 on: 24 September 2009, 01:55:27 »
If you mean that I just renamed stuff and recolored, that is not the only thing I did.

I added more units, even MORE upgrades especially for the alliance (tech), it is a better version than the magitech since all you do is spend lots of resources on strong units which die easily from a swarm, where as in the allyresist faction, you have more flexibility on what you want to make.

The alliance has stables, temples, even an elite castle to make the most powerful units, so check it out before you say that I redid it. Because I did, kinda, but better :P

Scenariole

« Reply #20 on: 24 September 2009, 02:04:03 »
Also don't forget I put in some new music, not the ones from the magitech but from some medieval game and it really matches the faction its in, or the other...

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #21 on: 24 September 2009, 18:15:54 »
It looks fairly good, but you REALLY need new models.

Check out glest.110mb.com for modeling tutorials!
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Scenariole

« Reply #22 on: 24 September 2009, 22:52:01 »
Thanks, hope you played it :P

As for the models I have no interest in learning how as it looks complicated >.< I am very busy working on glest at the same time with flash and photoshop so yeah...

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2009, 23:22:44 »
No offense, but I think if you don't know how to model, then you're probably better off making maps and scenarios since that seems to be your specialty.

Scenariole

« Reply #24 on: 24 September 2009, 23:57:07 »
True that. I made this because I thought magitech was crap after I played titi's megapack v4 when the magic and the tech got owned... This was just an experiment lol

anything