Author Topic: Blender --Help Center--  (Read 56928 times)

Zoythrus

Re: Blender --Help Center--
« Reply #125 on: 3 May 2010, 17:14:05 »
Could you rephrase it?  I'm not sure what you meant.

i need a part of the model to move, like a ball being tossed in the air (it doesnt stay on it's normal axis)

also, how do you guys make a bunch of anims with only one .blend? (do you just save the same .blend with different poses? and i hope this makes sense to you guys)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #126 on: 3 May 2010, 20:15:02 »
You put each animation in a separate action, I can cover animation for you guys if you want. 8)
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Zoythrus

« Reply #127 on: 3 May 2010, 20:16:50 »
feel free Archmage, but i will tell you that i have the standing anim down quite fine

hey, does anyone know if a vertex can be linked up to more than one bone?
« Last Edit: 4 May 2010, 02:13:35 by Zoythrus »

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 6 May 2010, 10:19:23 »
There are two ways to use animations.

If you have a model which will have unique animations not used by any other unit (a building for example) then you can create all the animations in one action e.g frame 1-10 is idle, frame 11-20 is produce etc.

If you have a skeleton which is used between several models like a biped skeleton then you can save each animation as a seperate action and import them between .blend files using only actions that you need. 

@ Zoythrus  - Yes a vertex can be part of as many vertex groups as you want. The position of the vertex will be interpolated between all the bones it is assigned to. However this is not generally a desirable situation. I find it much better to assign each vertex to a single bone and use auto IK to move the other bones for a more realistic movement  ;)
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

Zoythrus

« Reply #129 on: 16 May 2010, 01:20:58 »
hey guys, having a problem. read the bottom of this thread.

https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=5428.msg48984#new

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 16 May 2010, 03:08:41 »
Could you be more specific about your export problems?  Are there any error messages, etc?

Zoythrus

« Reply #131 on: 16 May 2010, 04:13:37 »
there is no error message, and in the G3D viewer, not even the normals show up

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 16 May 2010, 04:16:09 »
  • Are you using the newer export script (v1.1 instead of 1.0)?
  • Do you have all of the relevant mesh objects selected when you export?

Zoythrus

« Reply #133 on: 16 May 2010, 05:09:53 »
yes, and yes

feel free to try your hand at it, i left a link on the other thread

Seanachaidh

Medium infantry anims
« Reply #134 on: 19 May 2010, 04:01:47 »
Hello again,

as stated before in an earlier thread, me and zoy are having some trouble w/ the medium infantry unit.  I think this is because the anims were on another blend that hadn't even been textured yet, and had a different UV map than the blend w/ the finished texture.  What we tried to do was put the texture on that blend instead. The reason why I'm saying this is because the blend w/ the finished texture (and no anims) shows up fine in the G3D viewer when I export it.  I was wondering if there was a way to transfer anims to the blend w/ the finished texture, instead of transfering the texture over to the one w/ the anims.

P.S. this is typically geared towards Archmage, since he made the anims, (great job BTW), but if anyone else knows if this is possible, please speak up.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
Re: Medium infantry anims
« Reply #135 on: 19 May 2010, 04:07:17 »
I was wondering if there was a way to transfer anims to the blend w/ the finished texture, instead of transfering the texture over to the one w/ the anims.
Open the blend with the texture, File > Append or Link > navigate to the file with the animations > append/link the armature > repeat for each action you want to import > ??? > Profit!

Edit: Regarding the g3d problem, the only thing I could find is that your material is mapped to Orco instead of UV, but I don't think that would produce the problem you describe.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2010, 04:12:56 by John.d.h »

Seanachaidh

« Reply #136 on: 19 May 2010, 16:11:40 »
Open the blend with the texture, File > Append or Link > navigate to the file with the animations > append/link the armature > repeat for each action you want to import > ??? > Profit!

Thanks, I'll be trying that.

Seanachaidh

« Reply #137 on: 19 May 2010, 22:00:12 »
It there a way to disconect the vertex groups from te bones that they were assigned to.  I gave up on the transfering the anims, and instead I need to resize parts of the UV Map, but because the bones are connected, I can't resize individual parts of the UV Map.  (I'm such a newb at blender -_-

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 20 May 2010, 08:13:55 »
because the bones are connected, I can't resize individual parts of the UV Map.
Uh... what? :confused: That shouldn't be even remotely true.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #139 on: 20 May 2010, 12:32:23 »
you can modify the vertices although they are connected to bones. But maybe you loaded an existing g3d and see this effect?
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Seanachaidh

« Reply #140 on: 20 May 2010, 15:15:09 »
you can modify the vertices although they are connected to bones. But maybe you loaded an existing g3d and see this effect?

I didn't import it from a G3D, It was a blend file.

Seanachaidh

« Reply #141 on: 20 May 2010, 15:19:20 »
srry, I figured it out, for some reason the proportional editing option was on.  -_-

Seanachaidh

« Reply #142 on: 5 June 2010, 04:07:47 »
hello everyone, srry for not posting in a while. finishing up highschool. 

anyways, just one wuick question, what is the best way to have blender recognize the alpha in your targa, whenever I save a texture as a targa in photoshop. instead of having those alpha cubes I get a stark white background.  I know in SSBB that the background on the targas are bright purple. would I need to do something lke that?

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #143 on: 8 June 2010, 08:56:31 »
sometimes its shown white, sometimes black. If ou are shur you have transparency in the tgas, just ignore what blender displays in this case.
But if someone knows a trick how blender properly displays transparency ( at least in object mode ) it would be great.
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 8 June 2010, 16:53:06 »
sometimes its shown white, sometimes black. If ou are shur you have transparency in the tgas, just ignore what blender displays in this case.
But if someone knows a trick how blender properly displays transparency ( at least in object mode ) it would be great.
Yah, its always wacky for me.
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Seanachaidh

« Reply #145 on: 8 June 2010, 19:48:31 »
The targa on the medium infantry we were making is supposed to have the team color showing through the "circuit" patterns, but the targa covers that up, instead of recognizing these "circuits" as alpha. 

It's weird.  D you guys think that it could have something to do w/ my version of Photoshop (CS3)?

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 8 June 2010, 21:25:02 »
you could PM it to me and I could look at it.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 8 June 2010, 21:26:39 »
Does it only look wrong in Blender, or does it also look wrong in the G3D viewer and/or in Glest?  If it only looks wrong in Blender, you can safely ignore it.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 8 June 2010, 23:40:15 »
Does it only look wrong in Blender, or does it also look wrong in the G3D viewer and/or in Glest?  If it only looks wrong in Blender, you can safely ignore it.
Yes, definitely.

Seanachaidh

« Reply #149 on: 9 June 2010, 03:16:19 »
you could PM it to me and I could look at it.

It's in this thread which I made a little while ago, it's the same texture, I'm just trying to get the alpha to show through the white parts.

https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=5428.msg48987#msg48987
« Last Edit: 9 June 2010, 03:19:21 by Seanachaidh »

anything