Author Topic: Eldar test building  (Read 3064 times)

Cireva

Eldar test building
« on: 26 September 2009, 17:10:16 »
Hi I made some simple testing building for glest
see here:http://www.youtube.com/user/lordofthecubes#play/all/uploads-all/0/5WRtT-TXZEM
but I work with cinema4d so I cant export and exporting with blender I dont understand^^

so I need someone who can export it for me
pls help
thx ;)

Coldfusionstorm

• Golem
    • View Profile
Re: Eldar test building
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2009, 20:38:35 »
well, if you cant export then your in truble, then you would need to do it manual....or find a way to export it to blender. or find a coder (highly unlikely) to write a plugin to the glest 3d format (.g3d) from your program.
WiP Game developer.
I do danish translations.
"i break stuff"

Cireva

« Reply #2 on: 26 September 2009, 21:57:35 »
no you missunderstood me
I CAN export from C4D to Blender
but Blender I think is very confusing ( for me xD )
so I need someone who knows how to export from blender to  .g3d

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2009, 00:52:07 »
First you need the g3d export script for Blender.  Find it here: titusgames.de.  It should be somewhere near the top of the page.  Then load your model in Blender, select all objects (all the ones that you want to export anyway), and go to "File > Export > G3D XML Exporter".  You also need to assign materials in Blender before you export or else your model will show up as all white.  Do you know how to do that?

Edit: I found these.  I hope they help.

https://docs.megaglest.org/Texture_material
https://docs.megaglest.org/How_to_export_non_animating_models
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 19:30:10 by filux »

Cireva

« Reply #4 on: 27 September 2009, 08:26:39 »
thx a lot

but where to put the export script?? because i dont have a script folder in my blender folder  ???

assassin

« Reply #5 on: 27 September 2009, 09:37:38 »
It might be a hidden folder called ".script"

Cireva

« Reply #6 on: 27 September 2009, 09:54:10 »
found it thx

but when i go to the materials tab i get this:

What did I wrong??

Hectate

« Reply #7 on: 27 September 2009, 16:57:32 »
You need to add a new texture before you can adjust the settings for it. Right now you're just looking at the material settings. To do so, go to the odd looking square icon that's right next to the red sphere button. Here's some information directly from blender.org

Material Buttons (F5 while an object is selected)

Material Buttons (click to enlarge)
MaterialButtons are only shown when an object with an Material has been selected. To create a new Material or browse in the scene-materials use the MenuButton in the MaterialButtons header. This window allows control over properties as object color, shininess, transparency, textures, texture types, texture projection methods.

More information about materials and texture maps is available in Texturing a Castle.

Texture Buttons (F6)

Texture Buttons (click to enlarge)
In this window you can select several types of textures for use in a material, light or world setting. The available types are:

Image: You can load an image as a 'texture map'. This image will then be projected on an object in the way that you define (for example using planar or spherical projection). Projection method is a material property.

Procedural: Clouds, Wood, Marble, Magic, Blend, Stucci and Noise. These textures are predefined and have a number of parameters that you can adjust. Procedural textures are also truly three dimensional. An example of this would be a block of wood: if you cut out a part of it, the wood texture needs to continue on the inside in a realistic manner.

Plugin: You can also program your own piece of code to use as a procedural texture. It is similar to writing a sequence editor plugin. More information about this can be found in the help section of this site.

Environment map: Environment maps are used to simulate reflections of the environment in an object. To achieve this, Blender calculates six images from the object's viewpoint. These images are then combined to compute a reflection.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 September 2009, 20:16:50 »
Strange.  I'm not sure what would cause that.  If you want to upload your model I'll take a look at it and see if I can make sense of it.

Edit: I just tried to reproduce a situation in which the materials window is blank, and the only way I could do it was by not having an object.  Maybe you just need to try re-selecting your object?  Trying hitting 'a' a couple times and see if that helps.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2009, 20:21:30 by John.d.h »

Cireva

« Reply #9 on: 28 September 2009, 15:20:42 »
you´re right
but i figured it out myself before , luckily  ;)
so heres my first model ingame: (just replaced the barracks)

and i also want to thank you all for your nice and fast support
nice community  ;D

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: 28 September 2009, 15:28:09 »
Wow, nice model, I hope to see you making a mod sometime.
BTW, how many polys is your model?
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Cireva

« Reply #11 on: 28 September 2009, 15:29:56 »
see my video description  ;) just joking^^
exactly 260 tris

dkoh95

« Reply #12 on: 29 September 2009, 03:19:18 »
THis is great

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 September 2009, 04:13:11 »
Most of the Glest buildings have a lot more triangles (the Barracks has around 500, I think), so you can certainly add some more details, like making the gemstones stand out more instead of just being flat against the pillars.  Either way, it's a good-looking building.  Also, I don't know if you have it already, but the G3D viewer is great for testing out how your models look without going through the trouble of loading the game.  You can also look at the other Glest models and see how many triangles they have and helpful stuff like that.  You can get it here: (sourceforge link).

Cireva

« Reply #14 on: 29 September 2009, 11:46:38 »
thx for the link

anything