Author Topic: Nocturnal faction  (Read 2169 times)

Zoythrus

Nocturnal faction
« on: 3 October 2009, 04:12:24 »
hey! i have heard rumors of this thing "nocturnalism" i think it is called. well, i had an idea for a faction that could be based upon this idea. it is a faction that changes its stats and is totally dependent on the day. for example, you have a spearman who is a decent melee/long range fighter during the day, but at night he morphs into a werewolf which is faster and stronger but has only a melee attack. another example is a turret that gives troops around it buffs during the day, but at night it has a major damage increase (which is countered by the lack of area buff).

If there was such a faction, i think that it would make players have to choose which time of day to use their troops and would add more strategy to the game.

do you like this idea?

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Nocturnal faction
« Reply #1 on: 3 October 2009, 04:19:13 »
It's a nice idea, just two problems:

It should be posted here, and there is no way of doing that.

EDIT: Could you lock this and post this in the Mod Ideas Topic, because that's what it's for.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 3 October 2009, 04:27:00 »
i have heard rumors
I think this sums it up pretty well. :P

Basically, some day we may have a feature in GAE that allows a unit's stats to be altered by day/night, but it seems like it's going to be a long way off.  The developers have many things that are higher priorities right now.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 3 October 2009, 04:34:36 »
Yes, John is right. The coders have a lot of things that are higher priority than day/night stat alterations. Please don't ask the coders to do this, because they are busy, and from what I've seen, Daniel doesn't like people asking questions like, can you, or could you. Sometime hopefully we'll have a GAE that is perfect and has every feature you could ever dream of...........................but I doubt that would, or could happen.
Egypt Remastered!

Zoythrus

« Reply #4 on: 3 October 2009, 04:49:39 »
i thought it would go well with the GAE hype that is going around...

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: 3 October 2009, 04:51:39 »
I thought that "hype" you're thinking about, had been a mere few posts in one mod topic. Well, I guess peoples eyes get around a lot.
Egypt Remastered!

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 3 October 2009, 04:56:58 »
There have been probably hundreds of various ideas for improvement for GAE, but unfortunately we only have about three or so active programmers.  That's just kinda how it goes sometimes.  :-\

Zoythrus

« Reply #7 on: 4 October 2009, 00:12:11 »
i wish that i could help, but i only know XML (and that is because of Glest!).

anything