Author Topic: help me please !!!  (Read 1365 times)

datarietdk

help me please !!!
« on: 21 October 2009, 07:23:22 »
ey

I want to help change the units. I must have done so when I take a man to hew stones then attack the stone back, so working man loses any energy or any other kind of lose something on the ... so it becomes a little difficult to game ... : D
want to make it in xml.filen I must do it on if it is feasible

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
Re: help me please !!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2009, 12:30:53 »
Sorry, I don't understand what you want  :-\
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Fluffy203

« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2009, 17:12:40 »
do you speak english cause that looks like he used a translator

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2009, 07:30:45 »
ey

I want to help change the units. I must have done so when I take a man to hew stones then attack the stone back, so working man loses any energy or any other kind of lose something on the ... so it becomes a little difficult to game ... : D
want to make it in xml.filen I must do it on if it is feasible

I think this is what he means:

"I want help modifying a unit.  I want to change it so when a worker gathers stone and then takes the stone back, he loses energy or something, so it makes it harder."

In the XML file of the unit, near the top you will see something like this:
Code: [Select]
<max-ep value="0"/>You want to change that to something like this (change the numbers to whatever you like):
<max-ep value="1000" regeneration="10"/>This will give him some energy points that you can deplete when he moves or harvests stone or does other things.

If I understand you, you only want him to lose energy when walking with a load.  Is this correct?  If so, you want to look for this block of code:
<skill>
<type value="move"/>
<name value="move_loaded_skill"/>
<ep-cost value="0"/>
<speed value="190"/>
<anim-speed value="100"/>
<animation path="models/worker_walking_loaded.g3d"/>
<sound enabled="false"/>
</skill>
Where it says ep-cost value="0", change that 0 to a positive number.  The greater the number, the faster he will tire out when walking with a heavy load.  You can also do this for the "move_loaded_wood_skill" if you want him to tire out when carrying wood.  You can even use a different number, so he tires out really fast when carrying gold and stone, but he can keep carrying wood for a longer time.  It all depends on what numbers you use for the max-ep value (how much energy he has), max-ep regeneration (how fast his energy comes back), and ep-cost value (how much energy he will lose over time when doing a certain action).  You can do this for other skills as well, such as harvesting, moving, building, repairing, and attacking.

Exazzo

« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2009, 09:11:44 »
that isnt what he want.. check my first post "help making attacking trees" that is what he means.. we are on the same team at work.