Author Topic: Naval missions  (Read 1990 times)

Loronal

Naval missions
« on: 30 October 2009, 18:59:19 »
I'm working on a set of naval missions for gae. Currently it includes to new units. The boat house and the strike ship(which still needs to be textured.). Other new units will be added in the future as the campaigns progress. The units I plan are, Bombard Ship, Sink ship, Repair Ship and Transport Ship. The download will be releaced shortly with a new map and the 2 new units that I made/will make
http://www.filefront.com/14831849/naval.7z
Download Released with the boathouse and strike ship. The scenario is designed for learners to have an advantage over magic so it will be pretty easy. This scenario is a test the next will be more like a story with hopefully attacks from magic dragons protecting ally ships (trade ships ;)) and more but I will be posting that in the future right now Im going to play my scenario
« Last Edit: 31 October 2009, 09:16:17 by Pheonix »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Naval missions
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2009, 19:12:38 »
I know someone who will want to try this.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

silnarm

• GAE Team
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2009, 23:40:35 »
Very cool!  ;D

Please let me know of any issues/problems you have, naval units are new and no-one has made use of them yet, so there almost certainly be some quirks to resolve :)
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

Zoythrus

« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2009, 00:05:17 »
question: is water a whole new field, or is it considered "land" when it comes to units? simply saying, can my archers (or any land unit for that matter) attack ships without needing a whole new attack field?

Mark

« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2009, 01:06:03 »
They will need to learn to attack water, as far as I know, but maybe I am wrong.  You know, you could script the world's naval battles all in this concept.

silnarm

• GAE Team
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 October 2009, 01:15:00 »
question: is water a whole new field, or is it considered "land" when it comes to units? simply saying, can my archers (or any land unit for that matter) attack ships without needing a whole new attack field?

It's three new fields, but 'fields' have a more refined meaning in GAE now.  They are only used for movement, and they each correspond to a 'zone', in the case of land/water units the zone is the same, 'surface'.  What were attack fields are now zones, but the old names and values are still used in the XML, 'land' in an attack field means the surface zone.

So, your archers will automatically be able to attack ships, yes.
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

Loronal

« Reply #6 on: 31 October 2009, 09:12:59 »
Cool upload is here
http://www.filefront.com/14831849/naval.7z
It will also be on the first post. The ships worked fine for me silnarm they had no error just the fact that I wrote water instead of any_water but that is now corrected

Loronal

« Reply #7 on: 31 October 2009, 09:25:21 »
Sorry but remember to change the techtree to magitech since I deleted mine and only have the megapack

anything