Author Topic: Compiling on Windows with VC++ 7.1  (Read 52372 times)

zhuaple

(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: 6 March 2006, 19:25:05 »
Well, i don't have such file anywhere on my HDD (xerceslib.lib)

But i have this included:

D:\dev\glest\xerces-c-windows_2000-msvc_60\lib\xerces-depdom_2.lib
D:\dev\glest\xerces-c-windows_2000-msvc_60\lib\xerces-c_2.lib

:(

p.s. do you have ICQ# or some other im?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by zhuaple »

(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: 6 March 2006, 19:35:48 »
Quote from: "zhuaple"
Well, i don't have such file anywhere on my HDD (xerceslib.lib)

But i have this included:

D:\dev\glest\xerces-c-windows_2000-msvc_60\lib\xerces-depdom_2.lib
D:\dev\glest\xerces-c-windows_2000-msvc_60\lib\xerces-c_2.lib

:(

p.s. do you have ICQ# or some other im?

No ICQ =\
I am on IRC though in the #glest channel on irc.freenode.net

include xerces-c_2.lib... that is the correct name for it
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Message »

digiorb2005

(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: 7 August 2006, 07:27:00 »
Hello!
I have the following error:

GlestSrc error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Shared::Sound::Ds8::SoundPlayerDs8::SoundPlayerDs8(void)" (??0SoundPlayerDs8@Ds8@Sound@Shared@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual class Shared::Sound::SoundPlayer * __thiscall Shared::Sound::Ds8::SoundFactoryDs8::newSoundPlayer(void)" (?newSoundPlayer@SoundFactoryDs8@Ds8@Sound@Shared@@UAEPAVSoundPlayer@34@XZ)

What am i  doing wrong?

It's the only one eror i got :(

Did anyone figure this one out yet? I'm getting the same error and can't seem to resolve it.

Edit: Nevermind...figured it out...
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by digiorb2005 »

Truly

(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: 24 August 2006, 00:19:54 »
Quote from: "digiorb2005"
Hello!

GlestSrc error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Shared::Sound::Ds8::SoundPlayerDs8::SoundPlayerDs8(void)" (??0SoundPlayerDs8@Ds8@Sound@Shared@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual class Shared::Sound::SoundPlayer * __thiscall Shared::Sound::Ds8::SoundFactoryDs8::newSoundPlayer(void)" (?newSoundPlayer@SoundFactoryDs8@Ds8@Sound@Shared@@UAEPAVSoundPlayer@34@XZ)

What am i  doing wrong?

Did anyone figure this one out yet? I'm getting the same error and can't seem to resolve it.

Edit: Nevermind...figured it out...

I have the same error... Can anybody help me to resolve it?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Truly »

prometheus

(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: 4 September 2006, 18:03:16 »
hiho@ll
anybody got glest 2.0 working with visual studio 2005?
are there some settings which are differnet to 2003?
thx@ll
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by prometheus »

Beowulf

(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: 20 September 2006, 02:53:25 »
Hi!!!  I plan on being active on the boards, dont' worry.  Anyway, back to business:  I am getting this error:

platform\win32\platform_util.cpp(240) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char *' to 'LPCWSTR'

I wonder if it is from this:

A LPCTSTR is a LPCWSTR if UNICODE is defined, an LPCSTR otherwise.
This type is declared in WinNT.h as follows:

#ifdef UNICODE
 typedef LPCWSTR LPCTSTR;
#else
 typedef LPCSTR LPCTSTR;
#endif

I'm using Visual Studio 8.0 (2005)
Glest version 2.0.0
GLU.H as included with my compiler.
other files are same version stated by that really helpful person.

Should I use a different version of the source code?  I was getting that error that zhuaple had that was fixed by adding some char * in glprocs.h, but it is fixed now.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Beowulf »

Beowulf

(No subject)
« Reply #56 on: 26 September 2006, 02:42:16 »

Beowulf

(No subject)
« Reply #57 on: 27 September 2006, 03:55:24 »
Hello!

What am i  doing wrong?

Well, supposedly digiorb2005 solved this.  I'm at this point too.  Making progress, but I feel like I'm trying to solve a problem someone else has already.  Now, if you have a problem, and solve it, shouldn't you post the solution?

Truly

(No subject)
« Reply #58 on: 30 September 2006, 20:14:53 »
Quote from: "Beowulf"
Hello!

What am i  doing wrong?

Well, supposedly digiorb2005 solved this.  I'm at this point too.  Making progress, but I feel like I'm trying to solve a problem someone else has already.  Now, if you have a problem, and solve it, shouldn't you post the solution?

The Solution:
It is very simple to solve this problem. All you have to do is thinking.
While you don't added all of the file and directory needed, the program can't run.
You must add the following directory to the "Additional directory list":
shared_lib_source\include\sound\ds8
And than the game will work fine.
(The tutorial on the first page is very usefull, but made for an old version of he game.... maybe.)

Beowulf

(No subject)
« Reply #59 on: 30 September 2006, 22:15:28 »
Quote from: "Truly"
The Solution:
It is very simple to solve this problem. All you have to do is thinking.
While you don't added all of the file and directory needed, the program can't run.
You must add the following directory to the "Additional directory list":
shared_lib_source\include\sound\ds8
And than the game will work fine.
(The tutorial on the first page is very usefull, but made for an old version of he game.... maybe.)

I had the following line already in my "Additional Include Directories" in the Properties -> C/C++ -> General menu:
"C:\developement\glest\glest_source_2.0.0\source\shared_lib\include\sound\ds8"

I appreciate the help, but the problem is still there.  

This seems to be the only website that seems relevant:
http://blogs.msdn.com/vsdteam/archive/2 ... 95123.aspx

because most others tell you that you have an uninclude library.  Some say you have the application setttings wrong,  but tha is only if the unresolved signal is __main() or something.

Truly

(No subject)
« Reply #60 on: 1 October 2006, 12:42:21 »
Quote from: "Beowulf"
I had the following line already in my "Additional Include Directories" in the Properties -> C/C++ -> General menu:
"C:\developement\glest\glest_source_2.0.0\source\shared_lib\include\sound\ds8"

I appreciate the help, but the problem is still there.  

This seems to be the only website that seems relevant:
http://blogs.msdn.com/vsdteam/archive/2 ... 95123.aspx

because most others tell you that you have an uninclude library.  Some say you have the application setttings wrong,  but tha is only if the unresolved signal is __main() or something.

Check the files at the project Glest.lib.
You should have a directory named sound/ds8 in Source files and Header files too. In the source files you should add the sound_player_ds8.cpp.
In the header files you should add sound_factory_ds8.h and sound_player_ds8.h
If they doesn't there, the compiler can't identify the symbol contained in the Ds8 class.
And of course you should check the Additional directories in this project too.

Beowulf

(No subject)
« Reply #61 on: 3 October 2006, 03:19:55 »
Quote from: "Truly"
Check the files at the project Glest.lib.
You should have a directory named sound/ds8 in Source files and Header files too. In the source files you should add the sound_player_ds8.cpp.
In the header files you should add sound_factory_ds8.h and sound_player_ds8.h
If they doesn't there, the compiler can't identify the symbol contained in the Ds8 class.
And of course you should check the Additional directories in this project too.

Thank you so much for helping me.  It finally works.  Although it goes jerky every once and a while, which did not happen on the original verison.  Thanks for the help again.  I thought that I had included those files since I had found them.

ivanlondo

I try in VS.NET 2005 and nothing - He intentado y nada
« Reply #62 on: 30 November 2006, 22:58:32 »
I try to compile en Glest v2 in VS.NET 2005 and there are a lot of errors, I follow the instructions in this post but nothing help me to correct them.

Anybody has the GlestLib compiled? or the source code of Glest v2 in Visual Studio 2005?

I try in Dev C++, and the only error I got, was about the number in
------------------------------------
He tratado de compilar Glest V2 con Visual Studio.NET 2005 C++ y tengo un monton de errores, he tratado de seguir los pasos que indican aqui- en el foro, pero no he hehcontrado las soluciones para el mismo.

Alguien ha compilado GlestLib? o el codigo fuente de Glest V2 en Visual Studio 2005?

Iva-n
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by ivanlondo »

Beowulf

Re: I try in VS.NET 2005 and nothing - He intentado y nada
« Reply #63 on: 8 December 2006, 21:50:44 »
Quote from: "ivanlondo"
I try to compile en Glest v2 in VS.NET 2005 and there are a lot of errors, I follow the instructions in this post but nothing help me to correct them.

Anybody has the GlestLib compiled? or the source code of Glest v2 in Visual Studio 2005?

I try in Dev C++, and the only error I got, was about the number in

I have compiled it with VS.Net 2005.  Carefully read this thread.  All my answers were in this thread for me.  

Instead of double posting, I have a problem too.  When I compile with VS8, the game is jerky.  It runs smoothly for a while, then it starts to freeze, then speed up faster than normal.  As the game runs it gets worse.  If I end a game and restart it without restarting Glest, then the jerky spurts continue.  They get worse as the game goes..

:edit:  I forgot to mention that this problem happens on my friend's computer too.  I have windows XP p4 3Ghz, 2GB ram, and a nVidia 6200 PCIx 16

Beowulf

(No subject)
« Reply #64 on: 15 December 2006, 17:13:38 »
The problem I had was it was compiling with a debugger.  The debugger can slow down a program to 1/10th speed.  I also changed the floating point precesion, and the optimization.

Here are my development files.  Note:  if you download this file, you will have to change all the directories.  Also, this is for VS 2005, or VC++ 8, not VC++ 7.1.  I would also like to point out that I mispelled development in my directories.  

After you compile it as release, you will have to put two included dll's into the same folder as glest.  These two .dll's are what came with my compiler.  The output for the .exe is c:\developement\glest\GlestSrc\GlestSrc\glest.exe

I put the following file under c:\developement\glest\

http://joet.meekers.org/download/glest.rar

anything