Author Topic: Story mode + alpha [download] 0.32  (Read 49321 times)

Zoythrus

Re: Story mode + faction beta [download]
« Reply #75 on: 25 November 2009, 00:10:44 »
no offense to anyone, but when i was thinking of "undead hordes," i wasnt thinking of tech with inverted colors...

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 25 November 2009, 00:29:13 »
Can we have some pics?

Zoythrus

« Reply #77 on: 25 November 2009, 00:47:43 »

the "undead" faction

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #78 on: 25 November 2009, 01:05:34 »
Dude you need some new models!
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Zoythrus

« Reply #79 on: 25 November 2009, 01:09:55 »
i was hoping for skeletons and zombies...

you know, besides needing new models, i think that the undead (not liking the name "madera", maybe Serojen?) should be equal in standards of being a magitech faction. i mean that if i was to put them into my normal magitech folder, that i should actually have a hard time defeating them on a 1v1.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2009, 01:13:12 by Zoythrus »

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 25 November 2009, 03:04:21 »
I think a skeleton would actually be really easy to model.  I haven't actually tried it, though, but it seems like it would be.

emscape

« Reply #81 on: 25 November 2009, 07:19:36 »
Hello, guys, Thx for all the comments. I can say that both the Arkved and madera are a bit stronger than the magitech factions. but indeed, I need new models, and cant do them myself. :-[

But the madera arent undead yet. Those only are like currupted by a shard fallen from the sky. they become undead in not too much time indeed, and thats when pheonix rises,(pheonix work) and unites them. So there is a real undead faction coming:) Oh and I agree that serojen would be a better name, Ill change it in the next update(will be 0.27)

Oh and if someone wants to model. PLEASE TELL ME ;)
« Last Edit: 25 November 2009, 07:22:24 by emscape »

Zoythrus

Re: Story mode + faction beta [download] 0.26
« Reply #82 on: 25 November 2009, 15:41:20 »
oh, a shard? ok...

do you think that a version of them as undead could be made to be added to the normal Magitech (we need a new Magitech faction anyways...)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #83 on: 25 November 2009, 16:07:15 »
Dude, we have plenty of factions that deserve a place in Magitech.
Egypt Remastered!

emscape

« Reply #84 on: 25 November 2009, 16:23:20 »
Well, a more balanced with magitech version will come out for magitech in the 0.3 release. Ill make sure a new faction will be released every 0.05 update. So every race will have a balanced with magitech version at the end. For an instance were going to create a total of 5 basic factions:"
-Ahrkved
-serojen(before undead)
-serojen(undead)
-rangers
-nomads
-desert people

I will expand the info in a further release, because there will be a pretty large diplomacy description needed. In total we will have like 25 playable races, which will be ordered in these five(6 if u count the 2 serojen trees) cathegories... and slight modded versions of those. 6 of those races will be magitech versions. so if u calculate that leaves around 19 others...

o
« Last Edit: 25 November 2009, 16:28:39 by emscape »

emscape

« Reply #85 on: 25 November 2009, 16:29:23 »
ok there is also one other thing about converting, each faction in tales of Ahrkved will have 5 recources, in magitech it will be 4, so thats enough trouble modding

Zoythrus

« Reply #86 on: 25 November 2009, 20:07:01 »
once it is made, i will happily make it fully compatible with Magitech...

Loronal

« Reply #87 on: 25 November 2009, 20:50:53 »
More optional Arch undead will be different since I making it know. It will take a bit to be completed since I dont have much free time. Also Emscape the before undead should be madera and the after shuld be forsworn since they use powerful dark magic thats evil

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #88 on: 25 November 2009, 21:01:59 »
Need any special particle effects, I'll do 'em!
Egypt Remastered!

emscape

« Reply #89 on: 25 November 2009, 21:33:48 »
Ok, well I think I'll add your names in the list of people who help. Particles, hmm i think I need particles for the harvesters, it should be magic spells, but not overpowered looking, more like the initiate attack, but then dark:mhuhahahaha

Since the magitech conversion of the ahrkved is allready in, we only need 5 more conversions in the end, but nice to have someone for that.

Pheonix, your do a great job.

one prob, the CPU players dont really do anything...

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #90 on: 25 November 2009, 21:36:20 »
Well, give me some detail and I'll make it.
Egypt Remastered!

emscape

« Reply #91 on: 25 November 2009, 21:37:55 »
Ok, the particle must look like a very basic dark spell, homing at the enemy. It does like 200 damage, and 300 when upgraded so its not very strong. I think you can use your imagination about some magic homing things, but as long as it's dark, and not very strong looking it should be nice:D

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #92 on: 25 November 2009, 21:40:09 »
There is no way to make a black particle effect, the closest I can come to evil is a skull with a trail of grey behind it......
Egypt Remastered!

emscape

« Reply #93 on: 25 November 2009, 21:50:41 »
that would sound really cool, but it hasnt to be black, it can also emit red light or so

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #94 on: 25 November 2009, 22:07:44 »
Is this what you want:

Color: Redish-Grayish
Model: Skull

Want some fries with that? :P
Egypt Remastered!

Loronal

« Reply #95 on: 26 November 2009, 15:55:23 »
I'd go with purple using linear at a fast attack rate without lots of energy. I'll use that type of attack for the necromancer. @ emscape
Uhm let me work a bit to clear up some stuff i really need to work on the undead warriors head before we implement him. right now Im still working on a ship so soon I'll cook up the rest of the buildings to get a merely "playable" (cough, cough) faction

emscape

« Reply #96 on: 26 November 2009, 16:24:43 »
Well, sounds nice. I can only ask you one thing, we must have 5 recourses in your faction, so I'll surgest that you use energy for the undead and food for the living units

Loronal

« Reply #97 on: 26 November 2009, 16:43:20 »
I shall invent my own resources I am the Pheonix. The undead are risen through the dark arts the souls of the ancients are bonded to though corpses of the creatures of ahrkved. Souls will be the new resource and will be got at the graveyard it will have advanced soul harvesting which allows the worker to build the crypt. The graveyard will give 20 souls but will be a large unit. The crypt will be much smaller and give 15 but costs more.

i wish blender would ask you to save since i just lost the additions and the uvmap i  made for my boat. I'm gonna go surfing then I'm gonna try to texture the skull for undead warrior

emscape

« Reply #98 on: 26 November 2009, 17:07:51 »
nicely done, those souls thing sounds cool, ill upload 0.27 today. It has a refined magic essence resource and better AI, because race basic settings are changed in a extra xml, so now there is a pvp and pve versionof each one

Loronal

« Reply #99 on: 26 November 2009, 22:23:44 »
Nice I just finished the model for the skeletal mage thanks to johns human body diagram. I's pretty good though my best model yet. Tomorrow Friday I will try to texture the head of the warrior, the entire skeletal mage, And model the arcane sanctum. Saturday I will complete the graveyard as well as texture the arcane sanctum. Once thats done i'll ask arch for some cool armature fix scaling problems and export it all to g3d. By sunday i greatly hope to  upload the entire undead faction right here for download
@ emscape
I will pm you the download to post on the main post.

anything