Author Topic: How do i make a senerio? solved!  (Read 3037 times)

ace frog

How do i make a senerio? solved!
« on: 23 November 2009, 03:36:11 »
I dont know what program i need, otherwise, i think i can make some  :-\

in otherwords. . .

What program do i need to make a senerio?

Thanks -Archmage-
« Last Edit: 24 November 2009, 03:14:06 by ace frog »

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: How do i make a senerio?
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2009, 04:52:35 »
Notepad or greater. :P

Hectate

« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2009, 05:47:19 »
To clarify, all that is needed is a text editor. For more detail, look up Omega's website - he's got some great info on making scenarios.

You probably already have everything you need, assuming that your definition of scenario is the same as Glest's use of the word.

ace frog

« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2009, 22:52:03 »
yeah, when i try to edit it, it is like a internet page and a .XML (i think) and it wont let me edit it.  ???

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2009, 23:21:35 »
(Not Recommended) -- Option 1- Right click the XML and select: "Open with"> "Choose Default Program..." Select or browse for a text editor that you like, I recommend against notepad. Select the: "Always use the selected program to on this kind of file" checkbox, click ok. Done.

(Not Recommended) -- Option 2- Install Notepad++, after you install Notepad++ right-click the XML, and select: "Edit with NotePad++", done.

(Recommended) -- Option 3- Install Notepad++, after you install Notepad++ right click the XML and select: "Open with"> "Choose Default Program..." Select or browse for Notepad++. Select the: "Always use the selected program to on this kind of file" checkbox, click ok. Done.

Hope this helps!!! ;)
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

ace frog

« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2009, 03:02:33 »
Notepad++ (i just  had to) Where can i download this "Notepad++" i hear it alot, but i cannot find a download (searched for about 10 minutes, then gave up).

Notepad works just as good i asume, thanks for the help :D ThankYou
« Last Edit: 24 November 2009, 03:10:48 by ace frog »

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: How do i make a senerio? solved!
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2009, 03:46:08 »
Notepad will work, but Notepad++ has some nice features that makes it easier.  I highly recommend it for scenario and XML editing.  You can get it for free here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/files/

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #7 on: 25 November 2009, 15:46:27 »
As well, you can automatically generate scenarios with my online scenario editor (gee, I gotta update it with OOP!) at http://glest.110mb.com/scenario_creator

Note that you MUST use Firefox or the script will NOT load!!! IE doesn't even display the button to start it!
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: 25 November 2009, 16:09:22 »
Dude, you Scenario Creator doesn't do any Lua....
Egypt Remastered!

ace frog

« Reply #9 on: 26 November 2009, 02:00:31 »
As well, you can automatically generate scenarios with my online scenario editor (gee, I gotta update it with OOP!) at http://glest.110mb.com/scenario_creator

Note that you MUST use Firefox or the script will NOT load!!! IE doesn't even display the button to start it!

i use Internet Explorer, works 100% fine for me  :P

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: 26 November 2009, 13:49:32 »
Quick Omega fix it so IE can't display it!............... :P
Egypt Remastered!

ace frog

« Reply #11 on: 26 November 2009, 16:04:10 »
Quick Omega fix it so IE can't display it!............... :P

why? what is wronge with internet Explorer?

also, on my senerio i try, it wont spawn  the units i tell it to. (i basicly coppied off other senerios and edited)
my other one works fine though :P
« Last Edit: 26 November 2009, 17:55:04 by ace frog »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: 26 November 2009, 23:05:55 »
OMG!
You asked what's wrong with IE?!?!

EVERYTHING!!!

It's the slowest, most un-secure browser EVER!

To be frank: IE = sh*t
Egypt Remastered!

ace frog

« Reply #13 on: 27 November 2009, 00:17:05 »
OMG!
You asked what's wrong with IE?!?!

EVERYTHING!!!

It's the slowest, most un-secure browser EVER!

To be frank: IE = sh*t

um. . . it works fine for me, i personaly dont like firefox  :P i still dont get what is so good about fire fox anyways.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #14 on: 27 November 2009, 00:18:19 »
Firefox, and IE aren't the only web browsers in the world...
Egypt Remastered!

ace frog

« Reply #15 on: 27 November 2009, 00:19:26 »
Firefox, and IE aren't the only web browsers in the world...

o.k. (you answered fast (so did i :P) )

and dont say bing, i hate that damn thing.
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 00:21:07 by ace frog »

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #16 on: 30 November 2009, 23:42:25 »
LAST OT POST: Sorry to continue the off topicness, but this is too much to resist!

You see, from the commercial user's point of view, IE seems fine. It actually isn't that much slower than firefox, though the speed is more noticable VS google's chrome, with page catching, things speed up, so the major way to speed browsing up is to use ONE browser for a while so that all the sites you visit have images, etc; stored on your computer, thus an IE user that switches to firefox may find it a bit slower at first since it must load all the images that IE had already catched (but don't worry, next time its faster).

The biggest Firefox advantage is that it has add-ons, and TONS of them too, as well as the biggest community for developing them (I once gave it a shot, it worked, but the finer points eluded me, and I was out of ideas...). The add-ons do various things, from simplifying tabs, to easy browsing, to speeding up downloads, to letting you skip waiting pages, to letting you read things offline later, to blocking adds, to getting email notifications (unneccessary with THUNDERBIRD!), to handling file formats, to downloading youtube, etc, and that's only a handful of the non-design related add-ons I have!

Firefox has the bookmark toolbar, something that is growing popular in many browsers, which is (IMO) a great asset. I never liked IE's bookmark side panel, and this lets me put my most important links (like this site) right at the top! There's also the smart suggestions of search box, the fact you can theme the browser (I prefer personas myself, but you need a good high speed connection, or it slows you down to load the entire list), and firefox has an improvised 'save webpage' dialogue that DOESN'T stop you from doing anything (only problem: has trouble with stylesheets included by other stylesheets, but rarely a problem).

Now, that's just what the average joe can see on the outside. Tech experienced users know that Firefox's open source platform is its reign, since that lets more people use it and allows bug fixes and feature addons, as well as beta releases, come swiftly and easily. By disabling ipv6, you can speed up FF even more, a feature that I'm not sure IE has (never know ;)). Firefox complies with W3C standards, which is the organization (World Wide Web Consortium) which standardizes the internet. This is crucial, and being up to date is a selling point for a browser. The Acid3 test allows you to see the browsers performance with the latest standards. FF scores up to 96. Opera and safari are without doubt the most uptodate browsers, acing the test with flying colours, and google chrome takes a 100 too. IE has a miserable 20 (32 on IE9 that nobody has yet).

As a web developer, I can tell you that trying to make portions of the GG work on IE was a FRIGGIN' PAIN IN THE ASS! In the end, I had to disabled the feature as good as I could in IE and issue a big warning! The acid test is another good example, seeing how it looks on IE 7!

Now the fun part: A couple of months ago (3?) I had an alternative IE warning for the start page of the GG that was never used. It is aggressive and TRUTHFUL, and a fun read for those not easily insulted! I made it during a spout of rage a while having IE troubles, but here it is: http://glest.110mb.com/anti_ie/index.php

i still dont get what is so good about fire fox anyways.
Does that answer your question?

Ok, off topic done, I'd say something ontopic, but I'm at a loss for words... :-\
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

anything