Author Topic: how do i download glest on a mac?  (Read 4617 times)

max667

how do i download glest on a mac?
« on: 1 December 2009, 21:17:28 »
i try and instal glest but when i try and open it, it bounces in my desktop then goes away. so go to glest configuration and it says "glest.ini dose not exist it will be created when you save" so i think that the problem but when i try and save the settings it says "cant save glest.ini" so i don't know what to do. btw i have an imac os x and snow leopard so i have the latest of everything for my mac.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: how do i download glest on a mac?
« Reply #1 on: 1 December 2009, 23:41:43 »
Unfortunately, there aren't very many Mac users on this forum, so we don't always know how to resolve issues with it.  I don't know much about Mac, but a lot of people on other operating systems seem to have problems when they don't have permission to edit the directory that Glest is installed in.  Could that be your problem?

walkerm930

« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2010, 20:32:45 »
did you get your copy from here http://ciderhouse.opal.ne.jp/wp/english/glest? if you did, you need to download, decompress and run the Glest32Data.pkg.zip file, THEN run the game or GlestConf.app, regardless of what the site says.

hairy cat

« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2010, 00:34:50 »
I am a mac user, what version of mac do you have? To run glest i use a bootcamp partition or parallels desktop ( You can use others ). There you can download glest for windows, its much easier.

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2010, 04:03:49 »
That is more of an alternative though, I don't think we really want people to use other 3rd party applications, like if they have to...but if nothing else will work, then that is fine.

For GAE, Silnarm is working on it so I hear...
For MG, I hear that Softcoder can maybe do something or at least start, since now someone has a mac...or something like that.

Basically, I guess just follow what walkerm930 said...I don't know too much about macs...  :|
Apple...

anything