Author Topic: Enemy AI stops responding...  (Read 1935 times)

HaploVoss

Enemy AI stops responding...
« on: 24 December 2009, 07:01:32 »
Greetings again all... problem child here lol

Ok so I've done as suggested and installed a few map packs and mods to get my audio problem figured out. Glest of course was not the problem, but now I seem to have created a new one.

About 80% of the time I play against the computer - the AI just stops working. I will notice that after the first wave of the enemy attack - nothing else happens.

So I take a small group over to their camp, and they have some things built, but there are all the workers just standing in the corner next to the materials to mine.

I've tried killing half of them thinking they were stuck - destroying certain buildings that might have been too close to the resources, but the enemy just keeps producing workers, sending them to a particular material to gather, then they just stand there.

I can restart the game a few times and it will work for the most part... but it is really hard to play that way, and it wastes a ton of time sending out search parties to see if it's working or not.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Take care,
- Hap

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Enemy AI stops responding...
« Reply #1 on: 24 December 2009, 13:06:54 »
How did you install Glest?

I've seen the AI work on different computers, and on some it doesn't work at all.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

HaploVoss

« Reply #2 on: 24 December 2009, 17:59:17 »
I just used the regular Windoze installer. However I noticed the AI issues after I installed the extra maps and scenarios.

All I did to install those was copy them to the directories indicated by the instructions.

I did not encounter any "Replace this file?" type of issues when copying files over, so I don't think any of the original files were altered.

I will try reinstalling over the top again in the meantime. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same issues and if anyone knew of a quick fix or anything.

At least I know I'm not the only one that's ever had AI issues!! :)

Take care and I'll check back in later on. Merry Christmas to everyone if I don't get back before hand!

Take care,
- Hap

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 24 December 2009, 21:50:01 »
Well, what about regular Magitech?
Egypt Remastered!

HaploVoss

« Reply #4 on: 26 December 2009, 02:59:21 »
Well that's just it... that is all I'm am using - custom game, choose a map, Magitech, I am usually magic although I try playing both to make sure it's not one or the other causing an issue in particular.

I've not even tried using other Scenarios or Archetypes since the AI issue appeared.

Reinstalling on top of the current install did no help. I have now completely reinstalled and it seems ok... so I have no idea what the problem could be unfortunately. I guess I will unzip the maps and such to a separate directory, and copy them over one at a time to see if at some point the AI starts flipping out.

Take care,
- Hap

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: 26 December 2009, 12:29:21 »
Well you can put all the mods in, then try magitech using only stuff that came with glest, and then tell me if the AI goes wacko.
Egypt Remastered!

ace frog

« Reply #6 on: 26 December 2009, 16:30:21 »
Here is my thought (i didn;t read the other posts, sorry), If it is not a default map, try spreading out the resorces, so they don't cause a trafic jam (:P).

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: 26 December 2009, 16:37:04 »
Ace Frog, don't post unless you've read and see the stage were in, that is kind of useless at this point.
Egypt Remastered!

modman

« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2010, 02:11:32 »
Why don't you set fog of war to off?  In the Glest ini, fog of war will be equal to 1 ('=1').  Set it equal to zero.

Then, watch the AI.  After you survive the first wave, watch to see what it does.

There is also an option to make the AI create a log, which tells you what the AI is thinking.  After the game, open it up to see, and that will give you (us) a clue.

anything