Author Topic: How may I create a scenario?  (Read 2207 times)

Leonard

How may I create a scenario?
« on: 7 February 2010, 01:34:29 »
Hi. This is my first post, and if I did something wrong please tell me, cause this is also my first forum. Please excuse my english.
I dont see how to make a scenario or onything else besides maps. Would someone please help me?

Scenariole

Re: How may I create a scenario?
« Reply #1 on: 7 February 2010, 20:47:43 »
Download Notepad ++, search google for it.

Look in the scenario's in the Glest folder. C:/Program Files/Glest 3.22/scenarios/storming and look at the code
you can also look at the tutorials in the Glest folder too. Just learn how they did it. It took me a while.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #2 on: 8 February 2010, 10:10:16 »
there are two types of scenarios:

1) The simple scenario is basically only a normal game setup.
2) Scripted scenarios are much more complicated and you'll need some programming skills ( but its not too hard to learn )

I think its best when you start with type1.
Open the xml-file of an exsiting scenario using an editor of your choice ( the editor Notepad is in cluded in Windows but everything else is better ).
Look at its content and you will quickly understand how to do it. A good scenario to look at is "one_hope" .
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Leonard

« Reply #3 on: 9 February 2010, 18:39:13 »
Thanks. You were very usefull. :)
I hope I'll be able to pay you back.

tiger

• Archmage
  • Don't rush it. Make it with Quality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 4 March 2010, 05:15:50 »
If you want to learn advanced scripting for  scenarios you can download my daemon forest scenario and open it with G-edit or notepad and look at what is written down.

emscape

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2010, 21:36:05 »
its very simple to start doing scenarios with custom starting availabilities, i think thats the most easy way to learn it. Then start with custom events and custom victory conditions;)

anything