Author Topic: Modding Help  (Read 1080 times)

TheGameHog

Modding Help
« on: 23 February 2010, 02:44:20 »
Is there anyone here who is here who is willing to spend their time helping me make my very own mod? That would be greatful :)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Modding Help
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2010, 15:10:39 »
Well, then it wouldn't be your very own mod. ::) :D
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

TheGameHog

« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2010, 23:24:29 »
I know but I  guess it wil hepl me start off?...

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2010, 23:38:03 »
If you have a burning desire to make a mod, then learn the skills yourself.
As you've probably noticed, most of the community comes online once every few days, most people just don't have very much time, I have immense amounts of time, but alas I am behind on my own things. Perhaps I could help some if you told me specifically the things you wanted to learn.
Egypt Remastered!

modman

« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2010, 23:41:10 »
I think your best bet would be to try to help yourself first, and then ask specific questions to people afterwords.  The biggest hurdle will be in learning to model.  Below are some helpful links for modeling help.

John.d.h's YouTube channel
Titi's personal website
Some Blender Videos (by titi)
Omega's personal website (mod-making page)

Glest modding is a big task.  A well-done and normal sized (about the size of Magitech) faction could easily take you a year.  A benefit for me, at least, was that because the modding experience encompassed so much, I learned how to do many different computer skills.  For example, I learned how to use three different image programs: Paint, Paint.net, and the Gimp.

Also, don't mind Arch.  He means well, but sometimes his posts sort of defeat the purpose of posting on a forum, and are pretty much useless to the people he is replying to.

If you have specific questions about a part of modding, you can ask me (for anything except modeling), Archmage, Omega, titi, John.d.h, Eliminator, or Mark for help through personal messaging (PMing).

Hope that helps. ;)
« Last Edit: 23 February 2010, 23:43:04 by Sir modman »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2010, 23:49:21 »
Hey my post wasn't useless! :P

Anyways, yes I also suggest learning yourself and then asking for help. If you wanted my help I was going to point you to more specific things then Modman did. What I really recommend in the Noob to Pro Tutorial, it's very large, sometimes confusing, but none the less it's great, I don't have to time to get you a link at the moment, so I'm hoping someone else will, you'll look it up yourself, or I'll post it in about 2 hours. ;)

Egypt Remastered!

modman

« Reply #6 on: 24 February 2010, 00:16:48 »
Ah, yes, the Noob to Pro tutorial is nice for learning Blender, but Omega's mod making page is also useful general info.

anything