1. YES, it's costumary on most any forum... And ... some people may want to discuss this and others that and if it all goes in the same thread... well, it kind of becomes either just-noise or mute.
2. NOT JUST YET! (though I don't even remember just now what i voted! lol). The project, having potential, also is kind of redundant (there already was an engine fork: GAE) and moreover... I don't think enough time has gone by for it to mature (NOT talking about code stability here!). I mean... what's the purpose? It started as Titi adding stuff to vanilla because he thought GAE wasn't stable enough (though half of the first release was GAE's), then softocder came in and worked on the network/multiplayer - which was then ported to GAE! There have semi-prophecies of a MegaGAE but that seems to have died (AFAICT). More recently megaglest kind of oposed/competeded-with/drifted-away-from gae due to its unique units' particle systems... So... where is MegaGlest going anyways?... A few questions that should probably be sorted out before...?
On a personal note, I do believe such a board will be useful in the future. But I'm really just playing psychic here... DON'T trust my word for it!
3. YES. It is NOT offtopic as it relates to Glest! But it doesn't really fit in any of the other categories. And we have a few people on the videos and wallpapers front already so... why not? More people may come in and the artistic inspirations may flow wider and larger.
4. I did not vote YES which does not mean I vote NO! I don't really care.
5. Yeah, why not? Then again.... why?
Look at the goddamn number of posts to get it straight!
6. NO, definitely. I don't remember one forum using this that actually kept it for very long. Well... launchpad.net does... BUT launchpad attributes this on a "per-action" automated basis, so it's really more of a "post count" than a user-to-user attibuted karma.
And the downsides: popularity contest race, hate-biases, post focus on author's status quo
rather than actual post content, ...
7. NOPE. Makes no sense. For GAE you have the GAE board and the proper place
: its sourceforge.net "tickets" system.
Pretty sure MegaGlest will have that too, if not already, then soon.
Any discussion regarding the requests could be carried out on each engine's board (MegaGlest's on its current threads).
8. DEFINITELY YES but NOT ONLY BLENDER! Should be all tools
modding-related: blender, possibly 3DS Max too, g3d related (viewer, importer, exporter), map editor, GIMP and other paint programs, XML parsers/editors such as GAM, and so on and so on and so on...
Might actually be a section with several sub-boards:
* XML's (folders and files too I guess)
* 3D Modelling and Animating (Blender, 3DS MAX, AutoCAD or others too?...)
* Texture painting: GIMP, PhotoShop, etc
* Other tools: filters, importers/exporters, scripts, installers, editors, evaluators, etc