Author Topic: Trade Routes (MegaGlest)  (Read 1069 times)

Gabbe

Trade Routes (MegaGlest)
« on: 16 March 2010, 16:03:43 »
Is it possible to make trade routes in glest/megaglest or GAE?

like, having a road, and there will be travelling nomades wich you can trade with, and then they will be gone for a while, reappearing at random times?

If it is possible, can you also build trading posts, wich can upgrade the traderoute and increase income from trades with the nomades?

If these to are possible, is it then possible to put a tax on the nomades, reducing their appearance?

This one i don`t think will work, but can the AI build trading posts, and then you will have like a automatic income? as if the AI were to build a random trading post, then the income will be automatic and the AI, no matter would have no choice but to get income?

And, will the trading posts only be buildable near the Road were the nomads appear? and that you on ly can place 1-3 trading posts each player?

I think this feature would add a new aspect fo the game, bringing it closer to reality, becausde in reality economy is a big part of wars, wich is generally what glest is about.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2010, 16:41:47 by Gabbe »

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Routes
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2010, 16:30:48 »
We are thinking about making it so that players can trade resorses with each other. In mega Glest.
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Gabbe

Re: Trade Routes
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2010, 16:32:21 »
Is there a thread? so i can post there?

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Routes (MegaGlest)
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2010, 16:55:01 »
Not yet. Major "Game play" features need to be done VERY carefully since it can affect everyone who plays. So features like that take time to get feedback, design and test. This feature is only in discussion stage (within our family) and not even in the forums yet (until now).

Gabbe

Re: Trade Routes (MegaGlest)
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2010, 17:05:19 »
But if not anyone is going to see if it could be compiled, i guess i will have to do it on my own, since it is not on the forums, such "major gameplay" features is just what glest needs, and i do not see the need for a disguission, who does not wan`t this created? if someone, please say it, i fail to see why such a update is not to be made. Of course, if anyone have suggestion to improve this feature, please, post it.

For now, i only see the need to take action. Get the basic system of the "Major GamePlay" update going. So, i can make the nomads, and a map, and the road, then if it works, then great, if it doesn`t then, back to work again.

If it works, then it will only be to add more, and more of the features and fix eventual obstacles, then, in the end, it will be great, working and hopefully running :D

Sorry if i sounded harsh, but i really want to see this feature done, even if i will have to do it myself...