Author Topic: Control points  (Read 1136 times)

Fluffy203

Control points
« on: 23 March 2010, 03:24:29 »
I was wondering if we could create a feature in GAE for the ability of making control points , like if i send a unit to capture A then i will gain resources from A at a set pace , but lets say the other team pushes my force back and then they capture A the same thing. Something similar to COH or 40K .

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
Re: Control points
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2010, 01:16:59 »
Would be quite easy to do in a scenario. For regular games might require 'neutral' (capture-able) units.
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

Fluffy203

« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2010, 02:04:03 »
That is exactly what i thought , but i would have to create a new skill class capture and alot more tech stuff i'm sure , could you help me with this one or are you really busy? well after i get the advanced die animation complete anyway  :D

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2010, 02:15:32 »
One thing at a time Fluffy  ;)

I'm happy to assist anyone trying to improve or add new feature to the game, but I strongly advise you to concentrate on getting one thing working before moving on to others.  Also, coming from VB, you have a lot to learn about C++, don't expect miracles, be patient.
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

Fluffy203

« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2010, 02:27:09 »
I am , i'm reading about pointers right now & as a reference and * being a dereference and my favorite void but the most limited ;D

anything