Author Topic: GLADE's future  (Read 43519 times)

Fluffy203

Re: GLADE's future
« Reply #200 on: 18 April 2010, 14:13:01 »
Invaders:
MotherShip:Main building that has the ability to go into an aerial mode or take off *Not if no other production buildings are available it will cause you to lose. Also produces drones.
   Drone:Tripodal robot used to gather uranium and to build buildings a long with repairing the vehicles.Will be able to Mult-build.
Invasion Base : Used to warp in infantry such as, Invader , Reclaimer, exo-suit and Necro.
   Invader: Your basic infantry uses a plasma pistol to attack.
   Reclaimer:Anti-Vehicle infantry uses a plasma launcher or Beam weapon.
   Exo-suit:Advanced infantry uses a plasma Thrower up close or a Gatling pulse laser.
   Necro:Unique Infantry has the power to poison the enemy with a infectious toxin , while also having the ability to heal its friendly troops.
Factory:Creates the invaders Vehicles.
   Skimmer: light, scout vehicle with very weak lasers
   KillBot:Main, strong mech used to do massive damage with the ability to do an AOE called Whirlwind.
   Jumper:Secondary main, quick attacker uses melee.------thinking of dropping this unit------
   Crawler:Siege/Defensive Unit , Has a huge laser beam shoot out of the front which destroyes everything in its path. Also able to turn into the defensive structure fro the Invaders.
   Tripod:UberUnit, Strong attack , slow moving with a shockwave attack.
Weapon Center:Used for  up grades in technology.
  1.Virus Weaponization: Allows production of Nevor and increases toxic effect.
  2.Energy Focusing: Increases gathering speed of drones and extractor's also increases all energy type weapons and Makes the generators produce more energy.
  3.Slip Space: Increases production times of all units.
  4.Motor control Interface: Allows production of the Tripod and speeds up the attacks of KillBot,Jumper, and Exo-Suit.
Space Port: used to create the UFO.
 UFO:slow , but dominate in the air.
Extractor:Automated building designed to Mine Alloy.
Generator:Produces Energy for the Invaders.

Fluffy203

« Reply #201 on: 18 April 2010, 14:29:22 »
Humans

Command Base : Main building fortified with sandbags. Creates Workers.
   Worker:Gathers wood with chainsaw, wears a hard hat, Gathers uranium with a jackhammer or still a pick axe with an updated way of carrying it.
Barracks:Trains Infantry such as Rifleman, Bazooka, Gunner, and Medic.*Note that all infantry will be able to make pets of themselves. Or what i call reinforcements.
   Rifleman:Main infantry , uses an M1 grand, good at medium range.
   Bazooka:Anti-vehicle, powers through armor.
   Gunner:Heavy infantry , Can stop anything that walks
   Medic:Main infantry , secondary supporter. Good at close range , healing not so good , but gets the job done, uses the Thompson.
   Command:Unique infantry, Uses Thompson, also has the ablility to create each infantry as a pet to form a squad.
Garage:Builds vehicles and calls in air units.
   Jeep:light scout, quick ability to add a gunner.
   Sherman:Main vehicle, Well rounded. ability to add a gunner.
   Hover Tank:Unique vehicle , uses energy beam technology.Very offensive.
   P-51: Light air , very good scout , but great when in numbers.
   B-17:Heavy air, Fortress that can rain down pain.
Area 51-Examines and implements alien technology.
  Scientist:used for upgrades and also builds nuclear silo.
  1.Reverse Engineer: allows use of the Hover tank.
  2.Reinforcements : The infantry can create more of themselves. Also allows you to create the commander.
  3.Airforce: Unlocks the air units.
  4.Medical Training: unlocks medic or surgeon tent.
  5.Manhattan Project: Allows the creation of Nuclear bombs.
Surgeon Tent:Used to heal people.
Mine Shaft: Used to gather alloy from the depths of the earth.
Nuke Silo: Creates Nukes.
Bunker:The defensive structure used for defending enemies. Can be transformed into any form to fight the fight. Such as , Flak Gun, Anti-Infantry or even Anti-Vehicle.

wyvern

« Reply #202 on: 18 April 2010, 15:11:22 »
Can I help in some way :), and an idea maybe the humans should have a M7 priest Hmc as a mobile long range artillery and anti tank platform and a m15 antiaircraft gun on a halftrack. ;D ;D, O and I forgot to mention, maybe the Sherman could upgrade either with a high velocity 76mm anti tank gun or with the whizbang rocket battery and a p47 or p38 for air support, they could be  armed with rockets or napalm by choice. ;D ;D I'm a military history freak. Maybe the aliens could have a emp cannon against tanks.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2010, 15:14:51 by wyvern »

Fluffy203

« Reply #203 on: 18 April 2010, 16:04:53 »
you do have some interesting ideas , but we are trying to keep it simple for now , but some of them i like , if you can model and texture the priest , but you have to give it a cartoony look and feel , model it like you would the priest , but texture it using a cartoony feel if you catch me .  :thumbup:

wyvern

« Reply #204 on: 18 April 2010, 16:13:49 »
I'll try but what about the rest

Fluffy203

« Reply #205 on: 18 April 2010, 16:18:06 »
If i put the rest in the game it will unbalance which is i'm sure already unbalanced. We have the P-51 so no need for the 47 , the 51 is going to be weak , but AA basically , while the B-17 will be mainly AG so no need for a middleman. The halfTrack possibly. The sherman upgrade could be possible too. I just don't want to have to back track with the invaders. If you see what i'm saying , but go for the priest first then post it when your done  :thumbup:

wyvern

« Reply #206 on: 18 April 2010, 16:19:54 »
Ok, and I know I may sound annoying but will there be any other factions later on in the future by the way what about a stuart light tank.

Fluffy203

« Reply #207 on: 18 April 2010, 16:28:24 »
You are clever there is right now a third faction being kept pretty quite until release by the way the opening of this mod should blow your mind or just be really awesome to you guys , but still to answer your question yes there will be. The light tank. I love all of your ideas for the mod don't get me wrong i wish i could put it all in there , but when you think about the player , playing this mod they will most likely skip the light units and go to the main ones. I know most people won't use the jeep that i'm going to work hard to make and will just spam sherman's . See what i'm saying , why make a light tank if you can skip it and get the stronger one the Sherman.

EDIT: BTW not annoying , you reply fast i like that , most people just ignore it and wait for something they find interesting to talk about lol

wyvern

« Reply #208 on: 18 April 2010, 16:37:45 »
I understand but the light tank could be far faster than the sherman and with greater sight and yet it would have some armor and some attack, compared to the jeep, also there is a nasty version of the stuart armed with a flamegun that was called the satan, could be great against bunkers but I'll get back to the priest and it's modelling. :) :)
« Last Edit: 18 April 2010, 16:44:59 by wyvern »

Fluffy203

« Reply #209 on: 18 April 2010, 16:48:25 »
It's totally up for debate so you never know and yea let me see that when you get done can't wait  :thumbup:

wyvern

« Reply #210 on: 18 April 2010, 16:53:04 »
It could take a while as I'm an amateur but we'll see

Fluffy203

« Reply #211 on: 18 April 2010, 17:38:31 »
you never know you could surprise your self  ;D

Fluffy203

« Reply #212 on: 18 April 2010, 19:05:52 »
Ok i just finished the necro and i noticed a flaw that i didn't catch early on so now i have to re do the WHOLE THING  >:( :-[  :confused: which backs me up so still to be done. John i think you will have to texture the Skimmer and the tripod till i catch up. Also the last two things will be the weapon center and the reclaimer

wyvern

« Reply #213 on: 18 April 2010, 19:06:20 »
I forgot to ask, do you have a pic of what you want the human soldiers to look like as the priest is a open top vehicle so i'll need to animate the gun crew.

Fluffy203

« Reply #214 on: 18 April 2010, 19:15:44 »
I wouldn't worry about that , i can add them in later unless you want to model them yourself? If so model the whole human so we can reuse him in later productions.We want them serious , but with a cartoony feel to them so something like these  concept1 concept2

wyvern

« Reply #215 on: 18 April 2010, 19:20:27 »
Sounds good.

Fluffy203

« Reply #216 on: 18 April 2010, 22:14:20 »
let me know what you got when you got it done  :thumbup:

wyvern

« Reply #217 on: 20 April 2010, 16:54:25 »
Could I get a little help like just advice, as I said I just started and this is gonna be my first model so I'll need all the modelling advice I can get. :) :(

@kukac@

« Reply #218 on: 20 April 2010, 17:48:31 »
You can put up general questions about modelling on the Tools forum.

wyvern

« Reply #219 on: 20 April 2010, 19:36:58 »
Thanks Kukac :) :) I think I got it but that doesn't mean the model's gonna be done any time soon.

wyvern

« Reply #220 on: 21 April 2010, 15:51:02 »
There should be smg trooper for the humans.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 21 April 2010, 16:30:09 »
Nobody is ansering my question, so I gues that means you don't need/want my help...
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 21 April 2010, 20:17:53 »
I think there are a couple vehicles that need textures, like the Tripod and the Skimmer, so you could do those if you want.  Check with Fluffy first, though.  Also, please please PLEASE don't use that stupid cgtextures site.  Their terms of service make it impossible to license any derivative work under a free license like CC-By-SA.  If you need stock texture photos, you can get them from the sites listed here: http://www.freegamedev.net/wiki/Free_3D_and_2D_art_and_audio_resources#Photography.  Try the PD (Public Domain) ones first, because that makes licensing/attributing a little easier.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 22 April 2010, 06:06:50 »
I don't use CG much any more only for stuff I won't post on the net.

Ok Ill PM fluffy but I PMed him 2 or 3 times already and he hasn't answered yet...
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Fluffy203

« Reply #224 on: 22 April 2010, 21:05:36 »
I've been busy , but i still told you that the weapon center is something you can work on .

anything