Author Topic: Report games here!  (Read 84913 times)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Report games here!
« Reply #250 on: 9 July 2010, 11:16:29 »
Runescape's not 2-D, but yes the graphics in Runescape are quite behind the times.
Grr... I will now clear this up once and for all (though I usually explain this at least once a week).

The GE's minimum price will not necessarily sell it for the minimum. Think of it as an auction, where the minimum price is the starting price, but where there is a price cap (the maximum price). If item A has a market price of 90-110gp, and you sell it at the minimum (90), but someone is trying to buy at max price (110), it will sell at 110. But if people are only buying at min price (90), the best offer there is is 90gp, thus that's what you'll get.

This applies to buying too, so offering the max price when buying will give you better chances of getting that item, abet, you will always spend all that money. If you have the time, you can try buying at the min price, if that doesn't buy, you can try the market price, then lastly, the max price. That is good only for when there is plenty of stock, and you want to save the money (or can't scrape up the money, such as to buy expensive items like the Whip).

I hope that is understandable.

I know that, but you're not very likely to get more money than you put it up for, the thing is, that you don't want to sell it at minimum price, and then have it sell at minimum price, but it really depends what the item is. If it's a really cool super expensive weapon(say....a godsword) then yah try to bring the price of that down if you can. But if you're selling yews or valuable money making things, then for your own sake, don't put yourself outta business. But of course their are other people who sell smartly and keep the price as high as they can, but you're playing against your self.

IF you haven't noticed Swamp Toads sell at max price really well, the price has just gone sky-high!
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #251 on: 9 July 2010, 18:22:21 »
Hmm, I heard those clans really change the prices of some items...good or bad. They make tons of GP out of it too, or so I hear.
GE is very useful sometimes...though. A lot of things are associated with it. The place too...  :|

Gabbe

« Reply #252 on: 11 July 2010, 14:13:11 »
you mean those tardish *** dickhead loser merchanter clans? >:( >:( hate them... they made my dragon darts drop in prize like hell...I was merching on my own, then suddenly i lost 2-4 million.... I would say RS graphics are very up-to-date because you can play it through your browser without downloading anything. (xcept java). I am RS fanboy, complete, that game will never die :P ultifd, you know how many people pla RS? the game will never die...maybe in like 60 years...still...never die...Seriously, RS is like, if you play games, you gotta have tried RS, i mean, it is like the top MMO...(ignoring WoW...)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #253 on: 11 July 2010, 15:37:46 »
I don't merchant, I invest. :P
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #254 on: 11 July 2010, 17:37:31 »
Yeah, for those who can`t see difference, just in case

Merchant = buy items to sell them later for higher prizes
Invest     = buy items to keep them for a long time and use them

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #255 on: 11 July 2010, 17:49:36 »
Gabbe............that's wrong........ :-\

Merchanting: Buying a lot of something to make the price go up and then selling, merchanting isn't good or bad to my knowledge, except that people don't like them throwing the prices all over the place. Investors can ride the price trends from Merchanters.
Investing: Riding the price trends, basically buying something when it's low and selling when it's high, investing is good for an economy.

Basically, Merchanting annoys people, Investing is good for the economy and doesn't throw prices off like merchanting does.

That's a main reason that I invest instead of merchant. ;)
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #256 on: 11 July 2010, 17:54:21 »
no, thats a good description on merchanting, merch clans are the only ones with the power to raise the prizes, i don`t have anything against people who try to merch on their own, but when  they gather in big mass clans, then their dangerous. I might have a misunderstanding though, since we have the exact same word in Norwegian, and thats the description of what i earlier said. blurgh, i made 0 sense lolz.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #257 on: 11 July 2010, 17:56:44 »
Trust me, I've been in a merchanting clan, I've tried single-handed merchanting, and I now invest, and I have a Dad that invests. So, if there's any confusion, it's with you, not me.
Egypt Remastered!

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #258 on: 11 July 2010, 18:07:01 »
Yeah I mean those merchanting clans.
 :|

Gabbe

« Reply #259 on: 11 July 2010, 18:24:05 »
Investment is the commitment of money or capital to purchase financial instruments or other assets in order to gain profitable returns in form of interest, income, or appreciation of the value of the instrument. It is related to saving or deferring consumption. ...
make an investment; "Put money into bonds"

Sorry, i was confusing something else :)

your dad is like, buying in companies? coool!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #260 on: 11 July 2010, 18:29:57 »
Investment is the commitment of money or capital to purchase financial instruments or other assets in order to gain profitable returns in form of interest, income, or appreciation of the value of the instrument. It is related to saving or deferring consumption. ...
make an investment; "Put money into bonds"

Sorry, i was confusing something else :)

your dad is like, buying in companies? coool!

No, no, he's putting money into stalks which he hopes will rise in value, thus giving him more money. Though is stalks go down..........he's screwed. :P
He has a regular job too, and he uses some of that money to invest.
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #261 on: 11 July 2010, 18:51:09 »
yeah thats what i ment, it is like buying a part of a company right? BTW, RS should have such a thing that i can hire people to EX. mine coal for me and then get paid...

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #262 on: 12 July 2010, 11:43:41 »
yeah thats what i ment, it is like buying a part of a company right?

Yea.

BTW, RS should have such a thing that i can hire people to EX. mine coal for me and then get paid...

We can already do that........ :|
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #263 on: 12 July 2010, 12:14:48 »
no we cant, it is not like minign then sell then buy, rather, make a deal with a player, player go mine, you get coal, miner get money.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #264 on: 12 July 2010, 15:51:36 »
Same thing, except you don't have to make a deal. :P
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #265 on: 12 July 2010, 23:09:24 »
nvm, i can`t tell you in english words, sorry :)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #266 on: 13 July 2010, 11:35:45 »
I understood everything you said........ :look:
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #267 on: 13 July 2010, 12:03:50 »
Yes, but it is not what i ment it is hard to explain sorry, and english doesn`t allow for it, even Norwegian is less developed than english...

xxcatmysteryxx

« Reply #268 on: 13 July 2010, 13:42:10 »
Yes, but it is not what i ment it is hard to explain sorry, and english doesn`t allow for it, even Norwegian is less developed than english...
  :thumbup:

Gabbe............that's wrong........ :-\

Merchanting: Buying a lot of something to make the price go up and then selling, merchanting isn't good or bad to my knowledge, except that people don't like them throwing the prices all over the place. Investors can ride the price trends from Merchanters.
Investing: Riding the price trends, basically buying something when it's low and selling when it's high, investing is good for an economy.

Basically, Merchanting annoys people, Investing is good for the economy and doesn't throw prices off like merchanting does.

That's a main reason that I invest instead of merchant. ;)
  :thumbup:

wyvern

« Reply #269 on: 21 July 2010, 16:21:38 »
Battlefield 1942 is a good, though old, commercial game that I have, its not accurate in everything but I love it, especially the battle of berlin in hard mode as Germany ;D

Gabbe

« Reply #270 on: 21 July 2010, 17:50:10 »
you live in the old days, 1943 FOR THE WIN!!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #271 on: 21 July 2010, 18:12:36 »
I have Battlefield 1942, fun game.

Check out CRYSIS 2!!!
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #272 on: 21 July 2010, 18:19:49 »
Well, yeha arch, what platform are you getting it for, i think you got a xbox, let me warn you, graphics will not be as good as in crysis 1!!

I promise if I don`t get to work on crytek when im adult i`ll give all the active people on this forum one dollar each XD
« Last Edit: 21 July 2010, 18:24:52 by Gabbe »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #273 on: 21 July 2010, 22:06:31 »
Well, yeha arch, what platform are you getting it for, i think you got a xbox, let me warn you, graphics will not be as good as in crysis 1!!

I promise if I don`t get to work on crytek when im adult i`ll give all the active people on this forum one dollar each XD

For PC, do you mean that the graphics will run better but be worse or that they graphics will be better and run worse?

I'm holding you to that promise. :P
Egypt Remastered!

xxcatmysteryxx

« Reply #274 on: 22 July 2010, 01:47:40 »

Sound like a deal!  :thumbup: Except by that time you will owe like a houndred dollers  :P