Author Topic: Report games here!  (Read 84927 times)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Report games here!
« Reply #500 on: 27 May 2011, 19:17:19 »
I think Crytek and Dice should merge. :P Both EA, and both kick-ass.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Gabbe

« Reply #501 on: 27 May 2011, 20:04:26 »
CryTek is a independant studio, while DICE is EA internal :)

AMG ai CANNOT wait for BETA!!!!!!!1111oneone!!!one!!111111! HYPED UP!!! XD D: D:D

EDIT: They said battles were going to be huge, and they said maps were going to be even bigger than BF2 maps (wich already are the largest maps out) anf they sure didn't let us down YAAAH:

Now DICE lightning effects is actually DISSOLVING Crysis ones. I can tell you why if you sih to.

« Last Edit: 27 May 2011, 23:33:03 by Gabbe »

Gabbe

« Reply #502 on: 30 May 2011, 03:07:47 »
DICE exeprod, Patrick Bach Announced The rig to run BF3 on MAX settings has yet to be built, and telling from this picture, I belive him, hell it mus've lagged hard:

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 30 May 2011, 05:40:00 »
I wonder if they're putting even a fraction of that effort into making an actually good game.  That applies not just to BF3, though. :P

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #504 on: 30 May 2011, 09:15:51 »
@Gabbe: We know about BF3 now, please stop ....
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Gabbe

« Reply #505 on: 30 May 2011, 14:06:59 »
@Titi, sure :)

@John.d.h Thats exactely what DICE is doing new! Acitivision is milking the CoD series as hard as possible, Crytek is promising stuff and not keeping a single, also abandoning their PC fanbase and jumping on the X360. WHat DICE is doing is developing one engine for all platforms! They are using just about 100% of the PS3, and the X360 is being pushed as hard as possible. And I am still shocked that Bach said the rig to max BF3 is yet to be built! They are taking such a huge leap forward in terms of graphics, and from previous experiences, BF series have always delivered amazing gameplay. Teamwork based and not omglolZ0r quickscaip pwnead like CoD is, and Crysis is turning to be.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #506 on: 31 May 2011, 02:49:29 »
Gabbe, you can stop the fanboyism.

As far as I can tell, no Battlefield game comes even close to Assassin's Creed 2 + Brotherhood. :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxLSQZCOIs
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #507 on: 31 May 2011, 04:24:32 »
WHat a horrid comparison to make between BF3 and AC2B, two completely different games, i mean, a 3rd person RPG vs FPS? srsly?

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #508 on: 31 May 2011, 04:58:23 »
WHat a horrid comparison to make between BF3 and AC2B, two completely different games, i mean, a 3rd person RPG vs FPS? srsly?
Even so, there are many comparable aspects.

Characters & Storyline: AC2+B obviously dominates
Graphics: ACB has large scapes of buildings, and literally unbelievable animation. As well as pretty sharp shadows.
             BF has obviously superior graphics in many ways, but AC2+B have a few areas where they excel(animation definitely).

I bought AC2 because I played it at my friends house, and I love it. After I beat it, I could only hold about a week before I bought brotherhood(trying not to buy video games all the time). I have never wanted to buy BF games, and my friend said he didn't like BC2 when I asked his opinion. (The wobbly gun is a huge turn-off) :P
Current Game priorities for this year:
Assassin's Creed 4 - Revelations: Getting it ASAP!
Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3: I will definitely be getting it, because MW2 was a scream. Multiplayer had some issues but still a good game.
Battlefield 3: I dislike the crappy first person animations(hands and stuff) that the BF series has always had. As well as how the guns act and stuff. I will probably buy it though.

I've been working on some pretty fancy crysis particle effects, especially water effects and stuff. When/if I show them off, I'll mention Glest somehow. 8) By the way these effects will be a bit better than the famous Xtreme Particle mod series by Xigmatek(both in performance and quality!). Not to brag too much but all he does it use low quality materials and mass amounts of particles. ;D
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #509 on: 31 May 2011, 13:19:55 »
MW2 sucked hard, just admit it, all the reviews says so, and it most certainly doesn't help to know that half of IW got fired.
AC2:revelations will use the same engine, no improvement, however that engine still tops the category, but archmage, you will have to wait for the PC version of this you know, i'll never buy something that not just dumbs the PC version down, but manages to do that horrible mistake to delay its release date, pirate ASAP for my part.

Anyways, this is why you can't compare FPS to 3PS, AC2:Brotherhood doesn't have first person animations, so you can't blame either one for lacking animations, as they have a ton of different animations. AC:B wouldn't benefit from the ANT system of BF3, and BF3 would certainly take a huge hit if they imported ACA system from AC series. Well, AC:B would benefit from it because it is the to date, best animation system. AC:B has inferior graphics, simple as that. BF3 lightning, texture, animations are all superior to AC:B, but then again AC:B isn't trying to aim for the same goal as BF3 is trying, AC:B is trying to make animations that jumps around on stuff seamlessly, wich it is doing a hell of a good job in doing, no other games in the top notch are even trying to do this.
BF3 is also trying to make seamless animation, but they do not blend in with the environment like AC:B system is trying to do, however, they have a heck of a better clothing and physics simulation, also adding actual weight into the animations. You can see the guns of the soldiers actually having some impact on movement, AC:B lacks this, the swords are not as heavy as they should be and often while they collide with clothing and other objects they just fly right through. That does not mean either have a better animation system, it just means they are aiming at something different the both of them.

BC2 is not a BF game, even Bach said so himself, Battlefield is Battlfield, Bad Company is Bad Company, DICE said BC was just a spinoff from the real battlefield to experiment with the new consoles and experimenting with destruction, just like Heroes was to experiment with customization, and not graphics.

Frostbite 2 is also built from the ground up, graphics engine, completely re-coded, same goes for animation physics and API/CPU support. BF3 technology is in other words superior to anything right now, and that my friend is not fanboyism, if Crysis 2 for example had lived up to the huge expectations, I would say it was the best engine, however truth is this is not the case.

Pic related:

« Last Edit: 31 May 2011, 13:41:48 by Gabbe »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #510 on: 31 May 2011, 16:43:01 »
MW2: Had a great campaign, one of the best ever in a first-person shooter. Also, I'm pretty sure they didn't get fired for making MW2. :P

The engine used in the AC games is fine, it has good everything, though I wish they would make improvements and stuff. Actually AC3:B had much better shadows than AC2...

AC:B doesn't have any first-person animations, but BF has third-person animations. AC:B doesn't bother very much with weapon weight and stuff, but BF3 way overdoes it, guns do not weight that much. When you look at the scene of them running through an alley, you notice the gun in the FP animation is barely moving, but the gun in the third person animation is moving quite a bit more realistically. With FP animations BF is embarrassing itself, loosing to CoD. BF3 FP animations look so fake, MW2 had very lively and real feeling animations. The technology does not make the game good or bad dude. The BF series is one that says look we have this technology, then makes a crappy campaign, and a crappy FP experience. BF seems to keep the same musical theme over and over, it's a good theme, but the ways they change it are horrible.

BC2 is a Battlefield game, it's a spinoff, but it shares the title dude, experiment or not. In fact, AC1 was just a huge experiment by Ubisoft that turned into a major title. :P

@About your pics: Screen settings brightness, contrast, etc can change a game entire look. MW3 could definitely use a contrast boost. :| I made Crysis look far more lively and realistic simply by messing with the contrast, brightness, and gamma.

CoD:MW2 and Crysis 2 are both games I bought, and enjoyed a lot. Even though Crysis 2 was an undershot of what was expected in the tech zone, it had great animations, a spectacular soundtrack and awesome overall look. CoD:MW2 didn't have nearly as good graphics as Crysis 2, but they were still good, and with the quality animations, soundtrack, and storyline, it was a very good and enjoyable game.
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #511 on: 31 May 2011, 18:17:41 »
Compare MW2 to MW1, and MW2 was shit, MW1 campaign was immerse and included yourself in it. MW2 campaign was interesting and urged to more play, but it was so damn linear and felt so fake compared to MW1, like Activision tried to hold on to something that is finished and done, and belive me, we will see another milking attempt by activision called MW4 after this MW3 crap has been released. MW2 camapaign was short and linear, though it urged more interrest because i thought IW would do something more interesting like in MW1, they never did, everything just came out just as expected.

Battlefield 3rd person animations are the top notch nowadays, no contest. I agree it's first person animations look horrid, but remembering pre-alpha I can live with that. Battlefield music is beast, and best and will remain so! :P

BC2 is not a true battlefield game, in the exact same manner as Heroes is not a battlefield game, they are testruns to see if something works. I must say though, Bad Company 2: Vietnam expansion was a huge ton better than the piece of mappack called CoD:BO. Just as with 2142, Vietnam balances the core game. 2142 balanced out everything in BF2. SUch as 1942 balanced with 1942: Vietnam.

And since when was not cehicles mentioned? Vehicles are a must in next-gen games, alogn with destruction and large maps, none wich CoD fullfills. Well, that does not count theyr frickin scripted shit, every tiny bit of destruction in CoD is scripted ffs!

About my pics; don't push the facts away, BF3 has large advatages when it comes to texture quality, lightning polycount etc. everything that can be seen from a screenshot. Another truth is that MW3 is using the same engine as MW2, thus not improving graphics by a single inch.

Another thing is that BF series is played by mature players, CoD is played by immature 12 year olds screaming in the mic with a such a huge pitch its a pain in the A**(ear). BF requires teamwork to win, and tactical choosing of classes, tactical deployment and tactical weapon usage. For example if your teams commander have spotted a amount of enemy tanks rolling into one of your bases, then you choose AT class and not the sniper. In CoD, noone dies for objectives, everyone camps like bushwookies behind some indestructible wall and hoping to get that 25OMGnukZ00R killstreak. Even in domination, noone jumps onto bases, noone dies for objectives and vice chat is used primarily for ranting one enemy or even sometimes friendly soldiers. The CoD communtiy is immature kids running around playing "The cool game".

Crysis 2 was a Xbox360 port, pulling out every little bit of power in the console, still a port and ran shit on PC, in comparison with Crysis 1/warhead ofc. The story was cool and all, but linear and used up, the music was beast and a massive masterpiece. MW2 was better though.

Wake Island:

Now this is a playable map, not like the tiny squeeze maps in Crysis 2 and certainly not the one room run gun painspazzkillerz0r from CoD. Crysis 1 had such large MP maps, the i mean, both SP and MP maps were frigggin HUGE. Did i even mention playerocunt?

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #512 on: 31 May 2011, 18:45:17 »
-Conversation moved to Skype-
Egypt Remastered!

cougar#1

« Reply #513 on: 31 May 2011, 21:39:00 »
the best game I ever played is GTA San Andreas for PS2 8)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #514 on: 31 May 2011, 21:43:42 »
Define "good campaign". I have only found really one FPS with a single player mode that was truly worth the money for the game, and that is Bioshock's. Granted, it had no multiplayer, and that improved the game for me. Tis not all about listening to 12 year olds show how much profanity they know.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #515 on: 31 May 2011, 22:25:53 »
Omega, which FPSs have you played?
Egypt Remastered!

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #516 on: 31 May 2011, 23:45:29 »
Omega, which FPSs have you played?
Call of Duty 3, MW, MW2, Black Ops, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Battlefield 2, Halflife 2 (and all episodes), James Bond Quantum of Solice, James Bond Goldeneye, Halo 3, Nexuiz, Cube 2: Sauerbraten.

I'm really more of an RPG fan to be honest. In retrospective, that last statement wasn't entirely accurate. Halflife 2 (and its episodes), as well as the James Bonds, also had good single players. Otherwise, a game you can beat in a day is no fun. Other games like the Final Fantasies, Fables, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Civilization, etc, have a nice tendancy to net you well over 40 hours of gameplay, many even exceeding 100 (or have replayability value that lets you replay them over and over).

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #517 on: 1 June 2011, 00:57:24 »
Did you even understand the MW2 campaign? It was a bit more complicated than most game campaigns.
You're unbelievable Omega....you like RPGs but you haven't played Assassin's Creed 1, 2, or 3. For your information AC1 is about Altair in the Crusades. AC2 and AC3:Brotherhood are about Ezio Auditore in the Renaissance, and AC4:Revelations will be about Ezio in his 50's. Assassin's Creed is literally the best RPG game EVER created. Last I checked AC2 is only 30 bucks on Steam. Brotherhood is like 50 though. :)
Egypt Remastered!

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #518 on: 1 June 2011, 03:00:59 »
What are you talking about? I never said I haven't played Assassin's Creed...

Did you even understand the MW2 campaign? It was a bit more complicated than most game campaigns.
There's no need to talk to me like a child... I'm older than you, mate. I understand it perfectly fine, but the extreme shortness is a huge letdown, whether or not it's well written. It's like short stories, they can be great, but they are just too short to give the same impact a full story would (not to say I don't still have Steven King's "The Mist" still in my head, though I suppose that kind of borders on the edge of the definition of "short").

Also, I recall Brotherhood being $30 (CAD) at Walmart here once.
« Last Edit: 1 June 2011, 03:03:02 by Omega »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #519 on: 1 June 2011, 03:51:28 »
What are you talking about? I never said I haven't played Assassin's Creed...
Oh... Which one though?

Quote from: -Archmage- on Today at 19:57:24
There's no need to talk to me like a child... I'm older than you, mate. I understand it perfectly fine, but the extreme shortness is a huge letdown, whether or not it's well written. It's like short stories, they can be great, but they are just too short to give the same impact a full story would (not to say I don't still have Steven King's "The Mist" still in my head, though I suppose that kind of borders on the edge of the definition of "short").
Just checking, I know a few people who don't really get it. :P For a FPS MW2's campaign was actually a bit long. Though Farcry 2 has like a 50 hour campaign(5 times as long as MW2), and it's more rpg-like, running around doing missions and crap.

Also, I recall Brotherhood being $30 (CAD) at Walmart here once.
Wallyworld, everything's cheap there, cheep cheep cheep! Might've been a sale... :|

PS: Why haven't you ever accepted my fb friend request? :P Seth Kelley's the name.
Egypt Remastered!

Gabbe

« Reply #520 on: 1 June 2011, 05:14:47 »
It is true what Omega says, MW2 campaign was short & linear, that also applies to Crysis 2 imo. And for the record, I can't wait for BF3 to release their horrible singleplayer campaign, DICE were never really good at making SP, but their MP was the bomb best.

Omega, you like RPG, Skyrim? :D

« Last Edit: 1 June 2011, 17:27:40 by Gabbe »

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #521 on: 2 June 2011, 03:33:41 »
Yes, Skyrim. I hear there will be dragons. And Oblivion was awesome, I predict even further awesome from Skyrim.

Gabbe

« Reply #522 on: 2 June 2011, 11:08:26 »

Ishmaru

• Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #523 on: 2 June 2011, 14:01:04 »

RLY?????

Guns don't shake enough in fp view, RLY????  That's all nit picky stuff... I really hate big name games, all struggling to be the most "realistic".  Am i really one of the last of a dying breed who wants my video games to feel like video games?? I miss my polygons and pixels, over the top physics, simple story, and simple gameplay. The only FPS I ever liked is UT Classic and UT2004, UT3 is another "try to hard to be realistic" game i cant stand. Ill stick to Glest, Minecraft, and Cladun. :P
« Last Edit: 2 June 2011, 14:04:56 by Ishmaru »
Annex: Conquer the World Release 4 For Pc Mac + Linux
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9570.0
Annex is now on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/AnnexConquer

Gabbe

« Reply #524 on: 2 June 2011, 15:18:48 »
RLY?????

Guns don't shake enough in fp view, RLY????  That's all nit picky stuff... I really hate big name games, all struggling to be the most "realistic".  Am i really one of the last of a dying breed who wants my video games to feel like video games?? I miss my polygons and pixels, over the top physics, simple story, and simple gameplay. The only FPS I ever liked is UT Classic and UT2004, UT3 is another "try to hard to be realistic" game i cant stand. Ill stick to Glest, Minecraft, and Cladun. :P

Have you ever tried ArmA or OF-series? Both are military war simulators, and they involve such a huge load of teamwork it really takes a lot of skill to master those. Bets games ever imo, I prefer games to stay true to what they are originally intended to be. Such as Minecraft not trying to be super-realistic, sticking to its lego-thing, it does a hell of a good job at just that, battlefield trying to stay somewhere between CoD and Arma, (Fantasy jumpknife vs real tactics) I enjoy that, but i also enjoy Arma series trying to be as realistic as possible, and they are doing a good job at that too!

Though I do not only enjoy realistic games, as pre-told, i enjoy games staying true to what they want to be or are already. An example would be SC-series, excellent game for those who prefer only key-control (extremely) fast paced balanced RTS games. What about CS:S? Well its a competative game, and really well-balanced. It is a good game, given the conditions trying to be a shooter with balanced and competative play.

Total war series? A friggin awesome game, given the condition it is trying to be a turn-based tactical RTS game!

The conclusion is that all games eventually fail when they try to be something they simply ain't, i disagree with you, games do not have to try and be pixelated games to be good, some games are doing very well at just that. CoD for example, why didn't they just stick to the competative(!) arcade style game? Now it is purely something for total noobs to enjoy their auto-aim and lag-shots give them kills and splash up a huge massive reward text covering half of your screen. Not even mentioning their lack of (or inability?) improving and innovate both their gameplay and graphics.
Isn't this an accurate representation of CoD?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_msAKWdOs

That being said, i would not want the industry to stagnate at the nostalgic pixels floating around, rather i enjoy pure clear graphics resembling reality on screen. Cut the last part for un-realistic games(fantasy, minecrfat-like etc.) Those games have had their time, and for us it's time to let go and sometimes go back and play the old classics, but don't expect any new fresh blood into those games. DOn't get me wrong, the old C&C are much better than the new cartoonish piss they are shitting out now. That however, has absolutely nothing to do with how bad/great the graphics are, b ut hwo the artstyle is played out.

anything