Author Topic: GW-pack1 project  (Read 19615 times)

wyvern

GW-pack1 project
« on: 28 April 2010, 18:37:10 »
I know I haven't posted any updates on progress in months but now that I have more time on my hands, I have made numerous changes and alterations, hopefully, once I animate some models, I will be capable of launching an alpha edition of this mod relatively soon. I also need to gain permission from Titi to use some of his models and work.
so far I have done much of tech and textured most of the new units as well, I am only missing a few things and animations. I have not done nearly any work on magic but that has been because most of my work has been concentrated on tech. A unmentioned faction called the marauders will hopefully be added and is a mix of the indian, norse, egyptian, and persian factions with a couple of other miscellaneous units, since this faction will have very few additions it is near finished, I am looking forward to completing tech and marauders soon, with magic and gervoriath soon to follow. As further info, this mod will initially be released only for megaglest/normal glest but will later be upgraded for GAE as some units, mainly those in the tech and marauder factions need the many GAE features such as stealth and transport abilities.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2011, 22:36:27 by Wyvern »

Gabbe

Re: W-pack1 project
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2010, 18:38:28 »
Can i join this pack?  :| :|

wyvern

« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2010, 18:42:02 »
Of course I gladly accept ;D ;D, I already replied to your post on a new faction idea and I have work for you there if you want it :) :)

Gabbe

« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2010, 18:43:17 »
Bring it (rangers)!

wyvern

« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2010, 18:47:02 »
If you want an assignment then I have one and I would really appreciate any help Smile Smile Here is the first thing I would like, a swordman model similar to the tech one but with a longer sword a cloak and a metal kite shield that is bent forward at the bottom and a sun emblem on the front, I can get pictures of what the shield should look like, Oh and could you make the sword without a crosspiece, either no helmet with shoulder length silver hair, or a metal skull cap

Here it is, if you want it and if you don't there are plenty of other undone things to do ;D ;D .you will get full credit for anything you make
« Last Edit: 28 April 2010, 18:59:01 by wyvern »

wyvern

« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2010, 18:56:28 »
I am currently working on a cavalry scout which will have attack slightly better than a armored swordman, light leather armor, it will be very fast and have good sight and 800 hp

wyvern

« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2010, 19:32:41 »
Tech mk2 is almost finished if tiger finishes the mounted archer, ad once I finish the Da vinci tank and bomber

jda

« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2010, 20:15:42 »
Cool.  :thumbup:

Should be nice to see how a finished and considerably larger techtree works out on Glest.  8)

Regarding help from me, you'll get it indirectly, meaning that you can reuse whatever gets released on the standard Dwarf faction. ;D
IF you release any derivation of the Dwarf Aglarond faction under a Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike 3.0 Unported license! ;)

Gabbe

« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2010, 20:27:42 »
GNUGPL? is it the same?

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 April 2010, 20:43:46 »

wyvern

« Reply #10 on: 28 April 2010, 20:51:38 »
Sorry as I know this sounds stupid but what is Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike 3.0 Unported license :confused: :confused:

Gabbe

« Reply #11 on: 28 April 2010, 20:52:41 »
Sorry as I know this sounds stupid but what is Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike 3.0 Unported license :confused: :confused:

yeh whats it?

jda

« Reply #12 on: 28 April 2010, 20:53:34 »
GNUGPL? is it the same?
Likewise in purpose (so called "copyleft") but different and authored by actual different organisations:
GNU Licenses: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html
Common Creative licenses: http://creativecommons.org/choose/

The original vanilla Glest binary code is licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or, at your option, any later version of the GPL (e.g v3).
The original vanilla Glest data (including Magitech, the tilesets, etc) however is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike 3.0 Unported.

Wciow's original Dwarf faction (its latest release codenamed Gimli) resuses some Magitech elements and thus must be licensed under a CC-AS 3.0 like license. Same goes for "my" Dwarf Aglarond faction because it is based on wciow's faction. And the same goes for any work derived from the Dwarf Aglarond faction too. ;)

wyvern

« Reply #13 on: 28 April 2010, 20:55:47 »
How do I put my derivations under the license  :confused: :confused:

jda

« Reply #14 on: 28 April 2010, 20:59:42 »
How do I put my derivations under the license  :confused: :confused:
You publicly declare it! :P
I myself have publicly declared it on the forum thread for Dwarf Aglarond and on the readme.txt file that comes with the Dwarf package (I will improve that text in the next release).

EDIT:
By default, you hold all copyrights to the work you can proove you've done yourself (not just changes to others' works). Hence, by default, your work CANNOT be reused by anyone else without your permission (which they must prove you'd granted them if faced by charges of copyright infringement).
The GNU, CC, BSD, Apache, etc licenses are a handy way for the author to grant other unspecified persons or organisations the right to reuse your work, under certain conditions (these conditions more or less varying acording to the specific license).
« Last Edit: 28 April 2010, 21:06:19 by jda »

wyvern

« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2010, 21:06:13 »
Thanks Jda Well thats easy.

jda

« Reply #16 on: 28 April 2010, 21:06:59 »
Yep. ;)

wyvern

« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2010, 21:28:06 »
I say all of my derivations are under the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike 3.0 Unported license

wyvern

« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2010, 21:28:39 »
Now then back to the topic :O

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2010, 22:40:25 »
Man you double or triple post a lot...  ::)
Good, you used a better name...  :thumbup:

Gabbe

« Reply #20 on: 29 April 2010, 13:12:15 »
pm me with images and everything, i can do what you ask for, just ask.

wyvern

« Reply #21 on: 29 April 2010, 15:34:55 »
I decided to switch the shield to a normal kite shield because the one I talked about before is a cavalry shield and would not be very good for a foot soldier, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longsword, I would like the sword to be like the first image, the swiss long sword, only without the crosspiece, armor should be uncovered chain mail, here is the only picture on wikipedia that I could find of a kite shield, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Harold_dead_bayeux_tapestry.png, here is what I want the helmet to look like if you decide to make it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Zbroje_husarskie.JPG. I'm drawing up a picture now but I suppose you can start with what little I posted :scared: :scared:
« Last Edit: 29 April 2010, 18:53:29 by wyvern »

wyvern

« Reply #22 on: 29 April 2010, 15:53:13 »
There will be another interesting model for you to do once the swordmans done ;)

wyvern

« Reply #23 on: 29 April 2010, 16:12:49 »
Gameboy answered and says we can use the elves for a this pack :thumbup: :thumbup:

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 29 April 2010, 22:37:49 »
Gameboy answered and says we can use the elves for a this pack :thumbup: :thumbup:
cool.  :thumbup:now if hw would actually update elves and release the files for goblin...then...  ::)  :O