Author Topic: GW-pack1 project  (Read 19616 times)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: GW-pack1 project
« Reply #75 on: 10 June 2010, 06:54:21 »
Decimate is the tool of the devil!  It distorts things and makes them uneven, and generally kinda jagged and weird-looking.

wyvern

« Reply #76 on: 10 June 2010, 12:40:26 »
Decimate is the tool of the devil!  It distorts things and makes them uneven, and generally kinda jagged and weird-looking.
:O :O
I'm almost done the models but some aren't posted yet.

Gabbe

« Reply #77 on: 10 June 2010, 13:02:35 »

somehow, i use it frequently on wyverns models, and it reduces polygonal count without even touching the models quality. try to decimate his tanks, you`ll get a suprise too.

wyvern

« Reply #78 on: 10 June 2010, 13:05:28 »

somehow, i use it frequently on wyverns models, and it reduces polygonal count without even touching the models quality. try to decimate his tanks, you`ll get a suprise too.
What have you done to my tanks :o

Gabbe

« Reply #79 on: 10 June 2010, 13:05:57 »
and airplanes...and most of your other models. :P

Gabbe

« Reply #80 on: 10 June 2010, 14:29:11 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MX2pGXlCIw

I though these models might be good for our mod, i ask the guy if he could give em to me :P

wyvern

« Reply #81 on: 10 June 2010, 14:52:35 »
and airplanes...and most of your other models. :P
WHAT :o :o >:( >:(
Just kidding but send me pics so that I can see if its messed up or not :|

wyvern

« Reply #82 on: 10 June 2010, 14:55:01 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MX2pGXlCIw

I though these models might be good for our mod, i ask the guy if he could give em to me :P
Looks good, those are french troops by the way, but with a helmet and texture redo they could be british troops

wyvern

« Reply #83 on: 10 June 2010, 20:32:27 »
Should I give the tech faction a rocket pod, it would be mounted on a catapult chassis but shoot faster, do less damage, and be ep based

Here are some of my ideas for the magic expansion project

firewall/brazier-conjured by the archmage, this wall/brazier burns up everything that gets within range, it can also create the devastating phoenix.
warmage-the alternate path for a battlemage, this unit wields a staff with devastating damage, and is able to launch long range ice shards at air and ground units.
white mage-this is another optional route for the battlemage, this unit can heal and launch a holy light at enemies, not to mention that he has the ability to summon a holy/white ghost.
phoenix-this bird can damage enemies with mediocre fire blasts but its true power is in its ability to burn up into flames killing itself and everything within a large radius.
holy/white ghost-this unit is invulnerable, but cannot attack and has a negative regeneration, its primary purpose is distraction.
necromancer-either a promotion from the battlemage or produced from the summoners guild, I am undecided which, he has a very low attack, and can summon zombies, skeletons, and skeleton riders, and with many upgrades a skeleton dragon, he can also promote to a lich.
zombie-an improved worker unit, it can carry and harvest gold faster then an initiate and is a lot more resistant, it cannot build or attack and moves a bit slower then the initiate.
lich-the uber mage, as strong as an archmage but with more hp and armor, unable of close combat, on par with the war mage, can summon the same units a the necromancer
skeleton-this is a unit armed with a rusty two handed axe and is little better then the armored swordman but it will be using a new type of armor called bone which is near immune to piercing and blade attack but vulnerable to energy and impact.
skeleton rider-a bone lance armed rider skeleton on a skeleton horse, equal to a knight and with bone armor.
skeleton dragon-as strong as a dragon but with devastating melee damage and ice breath, this uber dragon cannot fly till upgraded with leathery wings, also has bone armor.
ghost armor with a pike-looks like skeleton armor minus shield and armed with a sarissa, a perfect match for the ghost armor swordman.
wyvern-uber air unit possibly a hero unit

other addition ideas include bone armor class, bone dragons limited to one for every 1-2 liches and some new un decided upgrades, I would also need a hero unit but have no clue what it should be
please comment or give suggestions
« Last Edit: 16 June 2010, 02:29:16 by wyvern »

wyvern

« Reply #84 on: 15 June 2010, 00:29:40 »
does anyone have comments, by the way the mechanon is half done.

wyvern

« Reply #85 on: 16 June 2010, 02:00:05 »
A new unit model is finished, here is the mechanon model pics
http://img249.imageshack.us/i/mechanonpic1.jpg/
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/mechanonpic2.jpg/
Please comment :)

wyvern

« Reply #86 on: 16 June 2010, 02:28:17 »
I got another idea for the magic faction, the wyvern, it is pure melee and has a range 1 air and ground attack, despite this disadvantage it has better hp, armor, damage, and attack speed then the dragon, possibly a hero unit, also able to launch a knight style ramming attack that can shatter buildings, not to mention units with ease.
I would like each faction to have at least 1 hero does anyone have ideas, pleassseee :angel: :angel:
« Last Edit: 16 June 2010, 02:30:01 by wyvern »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #87 on: 16 June 2010, 02:32:31 »
Would you PLEASE STOP REPLYING TO YOUR-SELF SO MANY TIMES!?

6 posts in a row, OVER A 5-DAY PERIOD! Please stop this.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

wyvern

« Reply #88 on: 16 June 2010, 02:35:00 »

Sorry but what I keep adding new pictures updates etc.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 16 June 2010, 02:37:01 »
I might have some ideas, but it depends on what you're looking for in a hero unit.

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #90 on: 16 June 2010, 02:39:49 »

Still, you could just EDIT your posts...  :| Please? pretty please?  :|

Hmm, like a dragon? But you already have one and other air units, won't that be un-balanced?  :|

wyvern

« Reply #91 on: 16 June 2010, 02:41:26 »

Still, you could just EDIT your posts...  :| Please? pretty please?  :|

Hmm, like a dragon? But you already have one and other air units, won't that be un-balanced?  :|
Not in this pack it won't ;D ;D, the tech is uber on ground, magic has to make up for this someway, plus tech has good anti air defense, maybe an AA tank :O :O, still it needs to be limited true

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 16 June 2010, 02:57:27 »
Come to think of it, the Megapack already gives Magic a beefed-up Evil Dragon, so a Wyvern might be a bit redundant.

wyvern

« Reply #93 on: 16 June 2010, 02:59:16 »
Come to think of it, the Megapack already gives Magic a beefed-up Evil Dragon, so a Wyvern might be a bit redundant.
True but the evil dragon is weak armor wise and the attack is ep based which makes it vulnerable at times.

wyvern

« Reply #94 on: 16 June 2010, 16:15:31 »
What do people think of this idea, paratroops for tech, I'm already gonna have gliders, for gervoriath so why not paratroops for another faction
does anyone have ideas for a tech and magic hero unit.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2010, 16:20:15 by wyvern »

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 16 June 2010, 16:31:37 »
Maybe a trebuchet?

Gabbe

« Reply #96 on: 16 June 2010, 16:33:26 »
I have a trebuchet! It is in the "Hypar Page" at "model dump"!!!

wyvern

« Reply #97 on: 16 June 2010, 16:42:32 »
trebuchets going to the gervoriath and hypercube, I'm considering using your model. are there any hero, or just plain unit ideas
« Last Edit: 16 June 2010, 17:09:25 by wyvern »

wyvern

« Reply #98 on: 16 June 2010, 18:31:07 »
DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE A IDEA FOR A HERO UNIT

Gabbe

« Reply #99 on: 16 June 2010, 18:37:41 »
savage