Author Topic: Malevolent Rising - Remake  (Read 112583 times)

Zoythrus

Re: Malevolent Rising -TC Project
« Reply #50 on: 19 May 2010, 20:14:21 »
i can agree to this...

ChupaReaper

« Reply #51 on: 19 May 2010, 23:09:07 »
More progress, I'll make a web update soon as I mark my project at v0.4, but for now it's v0.3...
The morph skill had problems when it came to increasing population so I scrapped the whole idea, instead these buildings are built from workers of both races and unlocked through expensive (but for a good reason) upgrades. So werewolves and eventually satyrs can build Huts, Houses and Hamlets, though Hamlets especially will take up a lot of resources.
Resources have changed a lot as I've done the opposite to what I have planned:
-Wealth can be mined, the resource now shows up on map as gold ore with crystals growing out. Wealth is used for some buildings but mainly for training barracks units or magic units.
-Wood can be harvested from trees now and is used typically just for buildings.
-Stone can be mined from stone deposits, I have made a new model and texture for stone too, this is used mainly for buildings too.
-Population works well now and is increased through Huts, Houses and Hamlets.
-Food is implemented but not used at the minute as I have no farm buildings yet and no units eat food yet, come v0.4 I will have at least one farm building.
So next on my list are farms, I might make better types through upgrades much like how population buildings work.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2010, 00:41:18 by ChupaReaper »

ChupaReaper

« Reply #52 on: 23 May 2010, 14:44:05 »
Another update, been busy the last few days with 'outside stuff' lol, too much whiskey really... Anyway, I have made some progress, I've got resources straightened out except for food, not sure about using food as some units will have such high health regeneration and others will be able to heal madly, so the rule is, the higher your popularity resource is then the better accommodation you have which includes food!
Here's a screenshot:
(click to show/hide)

For the full spec, see my website (link on first post).

Gabbe

« Reply #53 on: 23 May 2010, 15:22:21 »
couldn`t see any image... :| ::)

wyvern

« Reply #54 on: 23 May 2010, 15:37:00 »
Same here

ChupaReaper

« Reply #55 on: 23 May 2010, 21:26:06 »
Gah, my images never show up here, probably my host (it's free for now you see), if you copy the image's URL and paste it into your browser it should lead to a working image.

Gabbe

« Reply #56 on: 23 May 2010, 21:35:54 »

ChupaReaper

« Reply #57 on: 23 May 2010, 22:32:13 »
Yea, that, it should link to a working image, works for me anyway, not sure why my website doesn't show images from outside of it, quite annoying, once I eventually start paying and upgrade it, they should hopefully all start to magically appear!

Gabbe

« Reply #58 on: 23 May 2010, 22:34:14 »
webs.com free web sites..

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 23 May 2010, 23:25:33 »
If you just need to host images, you could use any number of sites, but imageshack.us is the one I like, because it automatically makes thumbnails.

Gabbe

« Reply #60 on: 23 May 2010, 23:26:23 »
and no register ;)

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #61 on: 23 May 2010, 23:27:09 »
Well, I can't even access your site...  ::)

Gabbe

« Reply #62 on: 23 May 2010, 23:30:21 »
me neither ...

Gabbe

« Reply #63 on: 23 May 2010, 23:31:42 »
I`ll upload the image here:

pro man..just pro...

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #64 on: 23 May 2010, 23:34:45 »
I agree...so awesome  ::)  :O  :thumbup:
The only problem that you have, IMO, your hoster...so your site  ::)
hmm...

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 24 May 2010, 00:04:52 »
That tower looks awesome.

Gabbe

« Reply #66 on: 24 May 2010, 00:05:53 »
kinda warcraft style...

ChupaReaper

« Reply #67 on: 24 May 2010, 13:02:45 »
I do play World of Warcraft at times, gone off it at the minute being level 80 and done most of the stuff, waiting for next expansion... But as much as I like Warcraft I want very little from it, though it may have some of its style in it. I could have stole the Warcraft Worgen for my werewolves but I was determined not to, instead I've got a just about unique model going now, my own animations, the mesh is rebuilt from Neverwinter Nights and the skin is from that but will be redone in higher definition.
http://darkspectral.totalh.com/Games/MRiseMain.html That link should be right, I can access my web through my home, university and at my girlfriends so if you can't I'm guessing it's the free host reducing traffic from other regions, that sucks.
Anyway I'm going to make a start on the Treasury and the Stockpile for quick resource storage then finally get some satyrs going.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #68 on: 25 May 2010, 07:22:18 »
What's weird is that I think my home network is only blocking it...for some reason  :|
Always times out...chrome and firefox  ::)
Still I think your site has some problems with embedding and such....
But this MOD...is really nice  :)  :thumbup:
So cool...and a one man project...  :thumbup:

ChupaReaper

« Reply #69 on: 25 May 2010, 10:17:35 »
Thanks ;D
Finished the stockpile and treasury which means I'm now going to finally move on and get some Satyr into the picture, once I've finished these, the fun stuff comes in! Haven't updated my website about this yet but will do later meaning I'm at v0.5.
v0.6 All Satyr and Babel
v0.7 Spectral Gate and Necro Units (shadow creatures/zombies)
v0.8 Hell Portal and Demonic Units (Think DooM here!)
v0.9 Upgrades and balance testing.
v1.0 First release.
After that I will start working on the next faction, v2.0 will have this faction complete, v1.x may sometimes be released if people have reported problems with my mod (bugs, balance, improvements, etc).
Anyway, I put that there because it's nice to have a brief plan to stick with.

wyvern

« Reply #70 on: 25 May 2010, 13:41:53 »
I can't wait to try this out ;D ;D

Gabbe

« Reply #71 on: 25 May 2010, 15:50:14 »
This is probably going to be one of Ultifds nest series of videos right?  ::) ::) :| :O :O :O :O :O :O

ChupaReaper

« Reply #72 on: 26 May 2010, 14:22:55 »
Updated my website again, I use chrome as my main browser, don't bother with Firefox any more and Internet Explorer I only need to use for my student finance because their website is really buggy lol. My website runs fine by means of html, etc just this host causing all the problems.
I've made a start on the Satyrs, screenshot coming shortly. I've done the workers and they work just as intended, going to make the Babel next then the two ranged units, need to work on a crossbow for them.

ChupaReaper

« Reply #73 on: 27 May 2010, 22:54:38 »
Another update! v0.6 now...
Satyrs are done and looking pretty awesome, especially those Satyr Impalers, I've also discovered the fun you can have with the particle system!
And, though it will probably not show, here is the next screenshot showing them off. (As usualy if it doesn't show, copy the images URL and link to that, it should show up ok in a seperate tab/window, if not then blame my free host lol, will pay eventually).
(click to show/hide)
That screenshot features the first MRise map: Stream and the first tileset: Nature. Details on how maps and tilesets will work is all on the website (link on first post).

A lot of work ahead now as I'm going to finally make a start on the more interesting stuff, the Spectral Gate. Not sure what to start off with yet, Zombies, Shades (based on the serpents off of HeXen), Paramites (those of you who know off the Oddworld games will find this interesting), Epions (inspired by the kamikaze giant demonic bats from Stronghold Legends), Worg (big wolves upgradable to Baghest, super big wolves!), The Liche (nasty undead things, one based on the first boss from Return to Castle Wolfenstein) or The Reapers (a lot of Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain inspiration with these, and the typical Grim Reaper). For now I'm going to test the basics of my mod with my younger brother lol.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #74 on: 27 May 2010, 22:57:36 »
Another update! v0.6 now...
And, though it will probably not show, here is the next screenshot showing them off. (As usualy if it doesn't show, copy the images URL and link to that, it should show up ok in a seperate tab/window, if not then blame my free host lol, will pay eventually).
(click to show/hide)
That screenshot features the first MRise map: Stream and the first tileset: Nature. Details on how maps and tilesets will work is all on the website (link on first post).
Well, I can not even access your site  ::) but I am pretty sure that it's cool...
For one thing at least, your site has problems...when you try to embed your pics...
maybe use something like imageshack?  ::)
Well, there are plenty of other good free hosts, you don't have to pay...  ::)
Cool.  :)