Author Topic: World War [UK]  (Read 25532 times)

wyvern

Re: World War [UK]
« Reply #150 on: 27 July 2010, 15:04:52 »
Dont We also have to work with the maps as well?
Yes we will but thats for later and we need some improvements to have huge maps for naval combat and such, we also plan to have a western front tileset,
That stinks Gabbe :( :(, I guess your mass posting is over, what job do you have by the way, I teach j\kids at the gym once or twice a week

Gabbe

« Reply #151 on: 27 July 2010, 15:09:17 »
modeling cars planes and ships for ipod games ftw! OT/

Bunke7

« Reply #152 on: 27 July 2010, 15:17:56 »
Gabbe, You might be able to use those ideas for new units

Also, Do you guys know what the map editor tool is?

wyvern

« Reply #153 on: 27 July 2010, 15:26:28 »
Please clarify, the map editor should be somewhere in the megaglest file

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #154 on: 27 July 2010, 18:34:40 »
Also, Do you guys know what the map editor tool is?
Always in your Glest/MegaGlest/GAE installation folder.
It is the editor that is not the "G3d" one.

wyvern

« Reply #155 on: 6 September 2010, 02:50:26 »
Gabbe my textures don't work I followed the tutorial but my textures don't show up, I unwrap, and then put it on the selected texture and it doesn't work :(
By the way will we be adding a fourth field for this mod other then water, air and land I think underwater should be included to provide the submarines some defense, it would be unfair if they couldn't submerge for defense.

Gabbe

« Reply #156 on: 6 September 2010, 16:16:59 »
sure, still, i dont now if you`ve heard but i had to format my HDD, i lost all and everything.

wyvern

« Reply #157 on: 6 September 2010, 18:36:02 »
If you recover the models tell me, at any rate I have all armoured equipment some airplanes and infantry equipment, and the destroyer.

Gabbe

« Reply #158 on: 6 September 2010, 20:13:55 »
yeah, but its the infantry that is the big problem, i have no left base mesh to work with... It aint no good man..

EDIT:

http://www.blendercookie.com/2009/11/14/model-male-base-mesh/

this as basemesh? said i could use it, but i had to credit johnathan williams or something at the site (attribution 3.0 license?)

Everyone likes free stuff, but as artists free stuff can be a real life saver. With this round of free stuff, we are giving away a free human male base mesh model! These models are licensed as CC Attribution 3.0. You are free to use it for just about any use, commercial and personal, so long as you attribute the work back to the original author. You may not redistribute or resell the work.

The model is fully unwrapped and ready for sculpting, texturing, etc.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 6 September 2010, 20:19:06 by Gabbe »

wyvern

« Reply #159 on: 7 September 2010, 01:13:38 »
Looks great though it says you can't redistribute it, at any rate I think we should wait till turrets come out for GAE and keep working with what we have till then.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 7 September 2010, 02:02:27 »
Looks great though it says you can't redistribute it, at any rate I think we should wait till turrets come out for GAE and keep working with what we have till then.
Weird.  I'm not sure the poster understands what CC-By actually means, or he's chosen very poor wording, as that license most definitely does allow you to redistribute and sell the work.  Maybe he means you can't sell the original unmodified?  Even so, I'm pretty sure that would still be bogus. :confused:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/

wyvern

« Reply #161 on: 8 September 2010, 19:16:55 »
Everyone likes free stuff, but as artists free stuff can be a real life saver. With this round of free stuff, we are giving away a free human male base mesh model! These models are licensed as CC Attribution 3.0. You are free to use it for just about any use, commercial and personal, so long as you attribute the work back to the original author. You may not redistribute or resell the work.
This is what I mean, Gabbe contradicts himself in the sentence, I guess he just means you can't sell the original. but read it he says you are free to use it anywhere commercially or personally, but your not allowed to redistribute/resell the work.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #162 on: 8 September 2010, 21:18:27 »
This is what I mean, Gabbe contradicts himself in the sentence, I guess he just means you can't sell the original. but read it he says you are free to use it anywhere commercially or personally, but your not allowed to redistribute/resell the work.

Gabbe, didn't write that, he copied it...
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

wyvern

« Reply #163 on: 9 September 2010, 20:22:22 »
it still contradicting itself, but this is going OT.

wyvern

« Reply #164 on: 14 September 2010, 17:41:51 »
Gabbe I made a submarine model, I haven't decimated the whole thing yet but I might be able to post a pic tomorrow or something.

wyvern

« Reply #165 on: 8 October 2010, 16:59:29 »
Hey Gabbe, is this project dead, I finished a heavy artillery cannon model and was wondering if your gonna continue this project

Gabbe

« Reply #166 on: 9 October 2010, 04:00:18 »
Im dead  :dead:

KK sure, but youll have to wait, my motherboard = screwd Probably getting done by the week

wyvern

« Reply #167 on: 26 February 2011, 17:24:00 »
I finished a sub and made new infantry men out of the worker models, so if you Gabbe, would be willing to animate,I would be able to give you the infantry models and we could have an alpha out and running with the basic stuff. I feel encouraged to get back on this topic and the GW-pack by the requests for a WW1 mod.

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #168 on: 27 February 2011, 03:11:22 »
Can we get some screenshots?  ::)

wyvern

« Reply #169 on: 27 February 2011, 04:41:44 »
in game, no, its not animated nor exported, but off blender, I could though I don't have 'em on me now.

anything