Author Topic: Space for WW1 maps!  (Read 1246 times)

Gabbe

Space for WW1 maps!
« on: 25 May 2010, 16:53:28 »
Okay, as many know me and Wyvern are creating a WWI based FAction, and we are planning on Huuuge maps with the new GAE [16ppl] version, and therefore, what kind of huuge maps do you want? all the maps must be compatible with seafaring,lots of air space, open areas aswell as forests, okay, now you got a good idea of what the maps going to be like. Don`t worry about loading, Since the huger maps, the less quality the models will need to be. Don`t worry about what quality you will see, the zoomign outwards will be good aswell! [If I can get some help from a coder-friend of mine]

Lotsa space is keyword, We`re basically expanding the game so it can be more massive, and the two WWs were very huuge. If wanted smaller maps can be created for small team battles too.

wyvern

Re: Space for WW1 maps!
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2010, 16:57:25 »
I'll try to make a map this could be fun ;D

Gabbe

« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2010, 16:58:44 »
I know, thats why i made the topic! :D

Gabbe

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2010, 17:27:21 »
I think 8192 will suffice :)

Mhm, don`t need to make the map yet, silnarm and the GAE guys must release it first, but you could make it without the player spots...

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2010, 15:56:28 »
I'd say something based on europe. Make it like a battlefield near a shore with plenty of trenches (it is WW1 after all) and have nearby forests with spaced apart trees for running, etc. Biggest problem would be balance. Some people could have a shore base, some could have a forest base, etc. But that's not necessarily a bad thing as my experience with Civilization 4 has taught me!  :)
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

wyvern

« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2010, 16:00:00 »
If glest figured out the transport ability it could be great you could be divided by an ocean on some maps.

Gabbe

« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2010, 16:00:39 »
europe it`ll be! european tileset then, with shores, with forests of course, like in belgium...

the maps won`t be like the general glest mpas with maps were each player starts in a almost entirely copied area of the other people, it will be variation, and each team will have advatages and disavantages.

anything