Author Topic: Dryad race hang up, where is the problem?  (Read 1283 times)

UncleRice

Dryad race hang up, where is the problem?
« on: 27 May 2010, 18:53:25 »
I'm trying to create a Dryad faction but I have run across a stumbling block. the idea is to have a very organic race where all buildings are products of morphing rather than building. (see diagram) The problem is, the game doesn't like morphed units to produce units. is there an adjustment available in the XML that will fix that, or is it a C code issue?

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad race hang up, where is the problem?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2010, 19:48:59 »
Could you say a little more about your problem?  Also, what engine are you using (regular Glest, MegaGlest, or GAE)?

Fluffy203

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2010, 21:09:42 »
Doesn't really matter about the engine unless you are making the Main unit( building)morph to a flying unit and produce units. The problem he is having is the morphed unit isn't producing units lol
The problem is, the game doesn't like morphed units to produce units.

Gabbe

« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2010, 22:07:33 »
I knew it was many not registered people that makes mods...

i think this is GAE or MG issue,,,,,...

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2010, 22:10:58 »
Doesn't really matter about the engine unless you are making the Main unit( building)morph to a flying unit and produce units.
Yeah, but it may be a problem that has already been fixed in GAE or MG, or a bug related to one of those two engines... so it might matter.

UncleRice

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2010, 22:53:00 »
It's the regular Glest I'm working with. When the game is loading the units it errors out and complains about morphed units producing units. I'm essentially cloning and then modifying the Magic faction. I was hoping to have the Seedling (initiate) morph into a Thorn Tree (defense tower from the tech faction) and then the thorn tree morph into the Mother Tree (mage tower) which will produce seedlings (initiates). The same goes for the Genetics Lab. The Seedlings morph into the genetics lab (summoner guild) which produces the Geneticist (summoner) which morphs into various special combat units.

This is currently strictly an xml mod. Once the system will actually load and operate the xml skeleton I have, I'll work on the art portion, but until then, that needs to wait.

Fluffy203

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2010, 22:57:43 »
Thats weird you shouldn't have a problem , but i would suggest using MG or GAE as a base cause they add so much that vanilla glest doesn't have  :thumbup:

anything