Author Topic: a contest!  (Read 9668 times)

Zoythrus

Re: a contest!
« Reply #50 on: 18 July 2010, 05:24:12 »
i can XML (as, i am an XML artist). i can take some of the XML off someone's hands.

just say what you need, ill do it.

also, i think that the Nomads should be more Middle Eastern (with a mystical feel, think Arabian Nights). not like the Persians though, cuz i want all of their dudes to die in a whirlwind of sand (because it would look cool).

also, they all need to look like this:

i just personally see the nomads as Arabian Night guys, not so much as Mongols

emscape

« Reply #51 on: 18 July 2010, 08:51:04 »
maybe combine styles then?

Gabbe allready made some buildings, maybe someone else makes better (a bit arabic style) units they are taken, since this is a contest and the best contestors should win :)  I personally think mongols are very cool, and not much shown in games.

wyvern

« Reply #52 on: 18 July 2010, 14:46:17 »
I have an objection to that, middle eastern peoples were quite settled unlike the mongols who roamed far and wide

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18 July 2010, 17:50:19 »
I have an objection to that, middle eastern peoples were quite settled unlike the mongols who roamed far and wide
Are you maybe forgetting the Bedouins?

Gabbe

« Reply #54 on: 18 July 2010, 19:28:16 »
That does strognly depend on the kind of nomads we are talking about, hunters, sheep herd, trade...

wyvern

« Reply #55 on: 19 July 2010, 18:42:06 »
Weren't bedouins sahara and north africa people, the only people that I think of that were nomadic in the middle east were berbers and they were more like thieves

Zoythrus

« Reply #56 on: 19 July 2010, 19:04:05 »
Weren't bedouins sahara and north africa people, the only people that I think of that were nomadic in the middle east were berbers and they were more like thieves

why cant they be thieves? i want Arabian, nomadic, thieves now...

wyvern

« Reply #57 on: 19 July 2010, 19:32:43 »
How bout you make them yourself instead of telling other people to do it :P :P

Zoythrus

« Reply #58 on: 19 July 2010, 20:19:45 »
ok, sorry...

ive been playing Rise of Nations:Rise of Legends (great game, pick it up at Wal-Mart for $10) and there is an Arabian, magical faction, and they were cool.

sorry, i got carried away...

emscape

« Reply #59 on: 20 July 2010, 00:38:43 »
np, but the concept idea is stabled on mongols since the bringer of the general idea has allready gotten credit for it and people started working on it.

wyvern

« Reply #60 on: 20 July 2010, 15:56:29 »
Yeah lets keep it the way it is right now, maybe we someone could make a faction on arabian/fantasy later. :|

anything