Author Topic: Scenario map and tileset!  (Read 1017 times)

Gabbe

Scenario map and tileset!
« on: 9 June 2010, 16:20:42 »
Anyone wnats to help me make a city tileset, it is for a scenario, so you don`t need to harvest.

Here is what its about:

Two squads are divided in a city from 1919, then they must all gather at the meeting point and conquer a special facility, they take the facility when they have secured it for some time, lets say, 5 minutes, against waves of enemies. The city is going to be like a maze, the AI won`t be a problem, cause your are going to move the two squads yourself, and then it helps having a bad pathfinder, since your units won`t directly move the shortest way to the special building. And the enemies will be scattered around the map, very critical, there should only be ONE way for the squads to meet at the special building, and the AI should not move unless attacked. Of course, we can also have patrolling AIs. The map should be portable to other types of cities, like ancient, medieval and futuristic. you should just need a new set of buildings.

Here is what the map should be like:

A maze of buildings, some destroyable to create new paths, enemies scattered around and patrolling, trying to prevent you from reaching the special facility. Buildings should connect, even though they are different objects on the map, this might be tricky..There should also be civilians walking in and out of the buildings.

Now you`ve probably got what the scenario should be like and began to think about how to do it [hopefully] and i would like to say that everyone can participate, i don`t only need one to co-op with me. You`ve also probably got that this is for one of the scenarios of the WWI mod.

Lets start without the proper units, this scenario is for the German to stop Norway from creating a weapon that can change the outcome of the war them between, see the WWI suggestions thread for more information. Magic is going to be the defensive part [Norway] and Tech will be the attacking part [Germany]

If anyone knows about this that have been created before, plese tell me, it would be much easier to modify another scenario than creating a new one.

Credit for the helpers: yes

If anything is impossible, tell me, I would only need to change somethign in the story :P

The impossible stuff that i wanted, here:

Buzzling city, the special forces that would want to destroy the special building, would be covered as civilians, when they try to go near the building, guards stop them and they openj fire, civilians flees. one map for when they go to the building, one for when they are in the building trying to destory it and gets stopped by guards.

Goal: Get to building - destroy building and gain intel - flee and get extracted outside the city.

Engine: GAE and MG (probably gae first since WWI mod is for GAE and since IDK but GAE has more features that probably will be needed)

wyvern

Re: Scenario map and tileset!
« Reply #1 on: 9 June 2010, 16:30:05 »
This is for the ww1 mod then, ww1 ended in 1918 though, just so you know, by the way, maybe once we get to the russian faction we could split it into two factions, imperial and revolutionary, the revolutionaries could be in the city mission your describing, revolutionaries storming the winter palace and fighting the imperial troops the whole way, what do you think

Gabbe

Re: Scenario map and tileset!
« Reply #2 on: 9 June 2010, 16:37:59 »
Yeah, maybe, but we can create the story as we want, like D.H said. Yeah, it could be russian, lets just make the scenario :P

PS. i cannot code Scenarios so good