« on: 19 July 2010, 01:03:55 »
How many warnings tilla ban?

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: ban?
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2010, 01:25:01 »
Behave yourself and you won't have to find out.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2010, 05:19:24 »
Yah,  :O Did some one warn you?
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Gabbe

« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2010, 08:19:59 »
kukac warned me when i sweared. If I have one, and im most certain that I will swear again, due to it go naturally into my language, I wonder when i will be banned?

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2010, 15:50:17 »
kukac warned me when i sweared. If I have one, and im most certain that I will swear again, due to it go naturally into my language, I wonder when i will be banned?
Gabbe received a warning for
1. Abusive words
2. Swearing
3. Distinction by religion.
It was a combination of things.  If you can't post in off-topic without acting like a jackass and making intolerant and abusive remarks against other people's belief systems, then I suggest you learn how, or stick to other boards where you can behave yourself.

zeff

« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2010, 15:58:14 »
its good that this forum is clean....

wyvern

« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2010, 17:16:24 »
I find at least one of those things, distinction by religion up for debate and heres my reasoning what is considered religious distinction, that most terrosists are muslim or something like that or saying I don't like islam, at any rate I've gotten warnings for spamming and I just want to ask is spamming having lots of posts in a row or just posting random stuff or both?

Gabbe

« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2010, 17:24:41 »
Spam in my opinion is when you say irrelevant things about the topic very many times, or post annoyingly much. I don`t think wyvern spams, atleast he is on topic and he just bumps the topics he finds interesting or that he thinks needs attention, which is nothing wrong with.

Its not, its filled with bots.

I have no idea what distinction by religion means, I did not say i want to make the islamic religion extinct, what i said was that they could go to hell about making Norway muslim. Wich was the meaning. for people wondering, what i originally said was something like
(click to show/hide)
All who participated in the religious topic whould then recieve a ban due to multiple times breaking these rules...Am i allowed to post maim babies?

« Last Edit: 19 July 2010, 23:01:10 by Omega »

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2010, 18:23:31 »
Hmm...  :|

at any rate I've gotten warnings for spamming and I just want to ask is spamming having lots of posts in a row or just posting random stuff or both?
At least posting random stuff, but it depends... Spam is obvious.
Anyways, just follow normal forum rules...try not to double, triple, etc. post unless it is really needed, as you can always edit...and which most of the community does. I am pretty sure you are fine...at least now. Most of the time.  :P

Better than before.  :|

wyvern

« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2010, 19:46:58 »
Lately we've had lots of bots. :| :|

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2010, 20:12:58 »
what i originally said was something like
(click to show/hide)
Yes.  That's the point.
All who participated in the religious topic whould then recieve a ban due to multiple times breaking these rules
No, pretty much just you.  That whole thread was out of control, but you were arguably the worst offender.

In summary, refrain from posting abusive, offensive, and/or inflammatory remarks.  If any moderators or admins want to weigh in on the subject of banning, they're free to do so, but until then:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://glest.org/glest_board/Themes/glest2/images/icons/quick_lock.gif[/img]
« Last Edit: 30 April 2016, 06:33:24 by filux »

kukac2

« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2010, 20:49:58 »
A sidenote to John's explanation: Mods are still not allowed to ban anyone. And we don't have a place to write warnings :S

when am i banned? how many warnings?

Seriously, I just gave you a damned warn, I don't know either when will you get banned, since we don't have any policy for it, since it's just an another game engineering forum. People should be normally grown ups, who all knows where is the final line - that's why we hadn't set up a banning policy. If it does good for you, you are not just the recorder spambot ( :D ), but you were the very first one to receive anything on this forum. Historical moment, Gabbedical Calendar Year 1.

That warning will be cast off by the time, since we don't have any space to write these things down. We have no moderator board either (and at the SMF forum we don't have Moderator Control Panel either, so there is no way we could give you something permanent - except banishment).

But if you are so interested in that, I can ask Omega or Titi to give you one.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2010, 23:02:21 by Omega »

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2010, 23:10:23 »
There are a few things that will not get you banned, but will get you criticized and are not desirable on our board such as multi posting minutes apart, being impolite, etc;

Currently, there are *no* banned people (the only people worth banning would be bots, and they would be better off deleted entirely). However, if someone did get extreme and caused either a combination of offenses, such as language, etc multiple times, then they could be prime material for banning. Bans can be temporary (lasting over a certain span of time) or permanent. They can also be complete bans (cannot log in with that account) or partial bans (limited rights, such as cannot post, cannot use polls, etc;).

While one offense isn't going to ban you, please do *not* post such things. We really don't care what you think about those things, and you are best off not doing anything like that, lest you finally fill in one of those ban list spots.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert