Author Topic: [DONE in 3.3.7-dev] Different color circle around friendly/co-op units  (Read 1953 times)

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Currently, when you click/activate one of your units, you will see a green circle around the unit. Equally, when you select an enemy unit, a red circle will show around it. Other than for red-green blind people, that's good as it is in my opinion.

However, when you play cooperatively with other players, it would be nice if their units, when selected by you, would have a different color circle around them than the enemy. Currently, this circle will be red, but I find this non-intuitive. I suggest to change the color of the circle drawn around selected friendly units to yellow.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2010, 17:06:53 by titi »
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Zoythrus

yellow would be hard to see on certain tilesets (mostly ones with lots of light green), let's go with blue - it would look better.

modman

yellow would be hard to see on certain tilesets (mostly ones with lots of light green), let's go with blue - it would look better.

Yes, blue is very nice.  Except it would have to have an outline when crossing some rivers.

Zoythrus

howabout a dark blue?

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
I just wanted to mention that it is very good idea ! I will try to do this.
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Zoythrus

what color will you be going with?

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
I think dark colors are not a good idea, because its darkened to mark its heal state.
Yellow or orange is a good option or not?
Maybe a very light blue? I'm not very decided here.

Update: We decided to make it yellow :).  (Its already done.)
« Last Edit: 22 August 2010, 13:53:03 by titi »
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Zoythrus

So much for playing with the Spring tileset... :/

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile

It looks really ok in the spring tileset, or what do you mean?

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
It looks really ok in the spring tileset, or what do you mean?
He's probably thinking about the flowers...
anyways, we'll see. cool.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
I just saw it working today, that's really nice, and has already helped me distinguishing what's my and what's other players' units, and who is friend and who is foe. Thanks!
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Hmm, it was there already? Must have missed it like usual...I'll guess I'll try to look for it tomorrow.
Cool.

anything