Author Topic: Fun Wars  (Read 2518 times)

Gabbe

Fun Wars
« on: 16 August 2010, 11:37:03 »
Anyone have any thoughts on paintball softgun and airsoft?

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Wars
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2010, 15:38:40 »
I've only played paintball once, but I kicked pretty much everybody's ass.  It got down to just me and one other guy trading pot-shots, me behind a ditch and him behind a tree, until I ran out of ammo and had to forfeit.  I don't think I necessarily have above-average aim, but I'm very sneaky and I can run, dive, and dodge like nobody's business.  Next time I need to wear long sleeves, because all that running through briars tends to shred my arms. :O  Palmettos make surprisingly good cover, by the way.

Gabbe

« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2010, 16:12:15 »
I know, I play much as sniper and crawling is essential for survival. I managed to stalk the enemy team and pick of stragglers for a pretty long time until they discovered me. Silencer and ghillie suit FTW!

wyvern

« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2010, 16:26:25 »
I haven't played paintball but I have played airsoft, I'm okay at it though up till now I've usually had to borrow someones gun or make do with a pistol(mines not that good to top that off). I usually hide in one spot and just shoot till I run out of ammo. at any rate I got a fully automatic gun recently and its pretty good, me and a friend are considering making an airsoft PIAT for some game ;D

Gabbe

« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2010, 16:37:51 »
AEK? BTW here is all the things i use:

~3000NOK

wyvern

« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2010, 16:40:26 »
nice whats AEK, do you mean AEG, and yes its and electric gun, its the m83
nice sniper rifle, which one is it, oh and how good is the scope.

Gabbe

« Reply #6 on: 16 August 2010, 16:46:09 »
I think scope is 4x if im correct. AW .338, used by the british army :) quite good, but the bullet tends to loop upwards, not much, but wuite annoying when aiming for a headshot..

wyvern

« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2010, 16:48:45 »
is it airsoft or paintball :| theres no orange tip so just wondering, still a nice gun I'm working on the piat and I actually figured out how it could work.
I should buy a ghillie suit but I think they're pretty expensive :|

Gabbe

« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2010, 16:58:08 »
Make ur own ghillie, bet you could find some vegetation + it would be harder to find you cause it will blend with your vegetation. Mine cost 990 NOK or 196 USD What currency you use in Cèsk btw? its fun write Cèskè and Cèsk...Cèsk... Cèsky...Cèski.. Cèske...Cèsker..

I dunno, but if Airsoft is with Softguns then Airsoft, i dunno, but they call it Softgun in Norway..

wyvern

« Reply #9 on: 16 August 2010, 17:06:11 »
The currency in the Czech Republic is Koruny, at any rate I live in the US so its good to know how much stuff costs in USD, I've considered making a ghillie suit but as of now I'm too busy working on the PIAT designs and getting materials :|, another thing thats stopping me from making it is that it wouldn't help much, my guns as loud as hell so you can't miss it, still I think I'll make it eventually :)

Gabbe

« Reply #10 on: 16 August 2010, 17:11:56 »

Someone should consider getting a silencer ;)

wyvern

« Reply #11 on: 16 August 2010, 17:43:18 »
Yeah thats true but I don't mind plus I plan to use it as an ambush weapon, giving out three round bursts and using it pretty much as a lmg as a defensive weapon still I'll consider it.

Gabbe

« Reply #12 on: 16 August 2010, 18:16:19 »
How many people play with you?

wyvern

« Reply #13 on: 16 August 2010, 18:38:48 »
Not many, theres not many people to play with around here, definitely not to have large teams :( :(, I think around 3-10 is the usual.

Gabbe

« Reply #14 on: 16 August 2010, 20:14:14 »
Same, still, the US got some sick "maps" to play on :)

wyvern

« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2010, 16:05:10 »
I guess, I usually play at my friends house, cuz he has a wall of wood that works like a dugout, some trees and then a garage and all the perimeter of his house ;D

Gabbe

« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2010, 16:27:36 »
I wish I could go and play paintball or airsoft in texas XD

anything