Author Topic: help!!gae crash in vista!!  (Read 890 times)

hls

help!!gae crash in vista!!
« on: 22 September 2010, 12:44:15 »
it often crashes in vista, and after the crash,i can do nothing but turn off the computer power and restart again. how to solve that?please help me!!!

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: help!!gae crash in vista!!
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2010, 21:53:45 »
When does it crash, list the steps reproduce it and/or do you have a error message?

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2010, 22:06:00 »
Come on, buddy, you gotta do better than that. Give us graphics card, etc; Basically, we need to know more about your computer than that it's vista.

Also, settings such as number of lights, full screen or windowed, resolution, etc, etc;

Plus, what Ultifd said (particularily the error message and when it crashes).

Finally, as a note, if you are playing full screen and have Comodo installed, you will have to either set it to windowed or set comodo to training mode for the first run. This is because comodo makes a message that freezes EVERYTHING (even the windows button and CTRL + ALT + DEL) until you choose an option on the message. However, with a full screen application, you can't see this message and there's no way to switch windows to it. In windowed version, this isn't a problem because you are able to click the messages. This is not a glest bug, since pretty much all full screen applications do this, and Comodo has yet to create a gaming mode... Alternatively, you can wait, because the messages will automatically dismiss themselves after a set period of time. But, by default, this time is something like 300 seconds. I recommend setting such a time to 20 or so seconds so that if you do start a full screen program without setting comodo to training mode, you can just wait for the messages to disappear and then exit the program and toggle training mode. Remember that training mode is only needed for the first time playing the game normally, though some game things, such as opening the "Open File" dialogue will make comodo display a message. Bear in mind to switch back to a regular mode after your gaming if using Comodo.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2010, 22:09:40 »
Comodo problem: Weird, I never had that problem before.