Author Topic: Execution problem from VC++  (Read 947 times)

discodowney

Execution problem from VC++
« on: 29 September 2010, 11:45:59 »
Okay so ive built the code but when i try to run it i get:

Unhandled exception at 0x75bbb727 in glestadv.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::runtime_error at memory location 0x0153ee2c..

The problem is that in the FSFactory class theres the lines of code:

if(!PHYSFS_mount(dataDir, NULL, 1)){
       throw runtime_error(string("Couldn't mount dataDir: ") + dataDir);
}

But dataDir is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\glestae\share\glestae. But this doesnt exist. In the Program Files GAE has to be added to the Glest folder. Also all the source code is in a folder in my Documents. Anyone know whats going on here?

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
Re: Execution problem from VC++
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2010, 13:02:14 »
Okay so ive built the code but when i try to run it i get:
if(!PHYSFS_mount(dataDir, NULL, 1)){
       throw runtime_error(string("Couldn't mount dataDir: ") + dataDir);
}

But dataDir is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\glestae\share\glestae. But this doesnt exist. In the Program Files GAE has to be added to the Glest folder. Also all the source code is in a folder in my Documents. Anyone know whats going on here?

Needs to be set in CMake, or on the command line...

Hi. I got this working finally. It was my anti-virus software that was stopping CMake.

Back on track now. Ive run CMake. When i configure the window i get is slightly different to the one in the guide.
It says in the log

Could NOT find LibXml2  (missing:  LIBXML2_LIBRARIES LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR)
Could NOT find Doxygen  (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)

So they arent in the window as in the guide. Also it says in the guide to expane the GAE section. That doesnt exist either, but all the options within that are there so i can still ensure GAE_USE_PHYSFS & GAE_USE_PRECOMPILED_HDR are checked.

Ill keep going and hope the above changes dont affect me

EDIT: Its building now. Since im just gonna be focusing on the AI is it fine to get rid off all the subprojects bar glestadv and shared_lib?

LibXml2 and Doxygen you don't need, they're just for the xml->g3d & g3d->xml utilities & generating doco from the comments and declarations in the code.

However, if you plan on updating your working copy, libpng had been added as a dependency, while the headers (and I think lib) were included in the old deps pack, the dll wasn't. The dependencies are now in three packs, if you just want to run the game, you only need the base pack (~4.2MiB)

In the CMake Gui between 'Search' and 'Add Entry' is a combo-box, change that to 'grouped view', then the entries will be grouped into a tree view, and one of the groups will be GAE, expand that get all the project specific options, including DATA_DIR, which can then be set as suggested in the compile guide ( $SVN_DIR$/data/game ).

Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

discodowney

« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2010, 13:13:03 »
Okay grand thanks. Missed that part about the DATA_DIR in the guide.

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2010, 13:21:36 »
Sweet  8)

Looks like I'll be working (mostly) on the AI myself in the near future, if you have any requests in terms of the types of information you need, please don't hesitate to ask!
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

discodowney

« Reply #4 on: 29 September 2010, 15:18:49 »
Okay good stuff. Have it working now. Cheers for the help.

anything