Author Topic: Any more hope for GAE to Glest 4.0?  (Read 8420 times)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Any more hope for GAE to Glest 4.0?
« Reply #25 on: 16 October 2010, 22:16:48 »
Hmm, really? But then what about say, for example, 0.2.12, which originally was hardly stable, despite being "12 releases" into 0.2. In fact, it was so unstable that a 0.2.12a was released soon after. ;)
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: 16 October 2010, 22:23:39 »
Well, good thing 0.3.1 isn't like 0.2.12 ...
I guess 0.3 would be more like it...

MirceaKitsune

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 October 2010, 00:36:27 »
I emailed / PM'd this topic to the main Glest email and Martino. I hope it was ok for me to do it, since I'm just one of the players who support this idea. Anyway, I hope it will be read and that the owner can agree to this change too. I'm pretty excited about this merge, and maybe we will see it happening soon if agreed on from all sides :)

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #28 on: 17 October 2010, 12:51:16 »
Cool  :) Keep us posted.

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #29 on: 17 October 2010, 23:33:28 »
I emailed / PM'd this topic to the main Glest email and Martino. I hope it was ok for me to do it, since I'm just one of the players who support this idea. Anyway, I hope it will be read and that the owner can agree to this change too. I'm pretty excited about this merge, and maybe we will see it happening soon if agreed on from all sides :)
Perfectly fine. This is a forum, we support open discussions and the ability to give your opinions and communicate as you will, provided the forum rules are followed.  The decision ultimately lies with the Glest Team anyway, so it may be a good idea to let them give their opinions.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

charlieg

« Reply #30 on: 10 December 2010, 23:19:39 »
I think the future of Glest lies in either MegaGlest or Glest Advanced Engine.  It just needs the official Glest guys to anoint a successor.  They will do eventually.  GlestAE will probably become Glest 4, I think.  This is just mindless speculation, but I don't see any benefit in Glest just rotting, and I don't see the main developers returning to work on it in the future.  GlestAE addresses the longer term needs of the codebase moreso than MegaGlest.  I see MegaGlest eventually being a modpack for GlestAE (in whatever guise it is known then).

Of course, I could be misunderstanding everything and just stirring up trouble.  ::)

[Moved post so the other thread won't become off topic... -Ultifd]
« Last Edit: 11 December 2010, 20:02:49 by ultifd »

Zoythrus

« Reply #31 on: 11 December 2010, 02:38:33 »
I think the future of Glest lies in either MegaGlest or Glest Advanced Engine.  It just needs the official Glest guys to anoint a successor.  They will do eventually.  GlestAE will probably become Glest 4, I think.  This is just mindless speculation, but I don't see any benefit in Glest just rotting, and I don't see the main developers returning to work on it in the future.  GlestAE addresses the longer term needs of the codebase moreso than MegaGlest.  I see MegaGlest eventually being a modpack for GlestAE (in whatever guise it is known then).

Of course, I could be misunderstanding everything and just stirring up trouble.  ::)

this^
« Last Edit: 11 December 2010, 20:02:05 by ultifd »

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 11 December 2010, 20:04:17 »
They will do eventually.  GlestAE will probably become Glest 4, I think.  This is just mindless speculation, but I don't see any benefit in Glest just rotting, and I don't see the main developers returning to work on it in the future.
I really don't think they will...since I'm pretty sure that people have been trying for a year to ask them. (Plus, there's other issues...)Unless for some reason, things suddenly change. I do think there's a  good chance of updating the website though (but most likely not this month...), and that's pretty good already.

MirceaKitsune

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 December 2010, 21:07:23 »
Yeah, still no reply from the team so far. Perhaps someone should poke the website owners with this topic more (not in a way to annoy them).

MirceaKitsune

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10 March 2011, 23:37:20 »
Gah. So many months, and still no news about this. Is there really nothing that can be done, and no way to reach the site owner? Or any new ideas even? I still believe in this merge very much, and keep hoping for it.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #35 on: 10 March 2011, 23:42:51 »
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=6577.0
Please check the other threads before you make a post next time...
Locked.