Author Topic: BUG: Transport behavior  (Read 1040 times)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
BUG: Transport behavior
« on: 23 October 2010, 18:35:20 »
Building "House" can carry unit "Chuck".  Send Chuck to load into House.  Before Chuck reaches House, tell Chuck to go somewhere else.  House will continue to have the "load" action running despite the fact that Chuck is no longer interested.  This precludes the building from using attacks (as it's no longer "standing ground") until it is issued another command.  Not a big deal, as you can just use "stop" or "attack_stopped" to fix it, but it's probably not the desired behavior (especially since the AI wouldn't know to do that).

Edit: Also, I'm having trouble getting units to repair a be_built building.  Both right-clicking and explicitly telling them to repair the building result in an invalid order.  Auto-repair works, though.
« Last Edit: 23 October 2010, 19:45:31 by John.d.h »

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
Re: BUG: Transport behavior
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2010, 01:14:19 »
Thanks for the reports John,

Building "House" can carry unit "Chuck".  Send Chuck to load into House.  Before Chuck reaches House, tell Chuck to go somewhere else.  House will continue to have the "load" action running despite the fact that Chuck is no longer interested.  This precludes the building from using attacks (as it's no longer "standing ground") until it is issued another command.  Not a big deal, as you can just use "stop" or "attack_stopped" to fix it, but it's probably not the desired behavior (especially since the AI wouldn't know to do that).

Yeah, there was an issue with the loader and loadee not really 'communicating' anything beyond the original command issue, this lead to a few a issues.. the load-capacity not being enforced properly was another.  Units that can be loaded are now given an (implicit) 'be_loaded' command, so if the command is cancelled the transport is also informed of this. Or if the transport reaches its load-capacity and more units want in, they have their be_loaded commands cancelled, its working much nicer now :)

Edit: Also, I'm having trouble getting units to repair a be_built building.  Both right-clicking and explicitly telling them to repair the building result in an invalid order.  Auto-repair works, though.

This is the same problem as not being able to give explicit attack commands to transports (ticket #235), and is now fixed.
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads