Author Topic: Japanese Faction mod [WIP] V0.89a released! (9 December 2011)  (Read 165750 times)

syakamaru

Re: Japanese Faction mod [WIP] First Alpha Released!
« Reply #100 on: 7 November 2010, 15:14:30 »
 :O Thank you! I use it A LOT!  :O

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #101 on: 7 November 2010, 19:11:11 »
Thanks a lot for the sound conversion! It all works fine now for me on all computers!
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #102 on: 7 November 2010, 20:00:39 »
:O Thank you! I use it A LOT!  :O
You are welcome.btw your name is kinda japanese. :D

Thanks a lot for the sound conversion! It all works fine now for me on all computers!
Nichts zu danken,herr!
If you have anything noticed about my mod's problems,Bitte,tell me!Danke gleichfalls!
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

Gabbe

« Reply #103 on: 7 November 2010, 20:38:30 »
All Hagekura needs is some more games with titi and he porbably knows German in and out ;)

All worked out for me, quite nicely, for an alpha tho :D

Zoythrus

« Reply #104 on: 7 November 2010, 21:40:22 »
hey, Hage, answer me this: what is the main strategy, pros/cons, etc of the Japanese faction?

here's how i see it:

Pros:
superb infantry
well built buildings

Cons:
no air units
no scouts
defenses are ok...

can we keep this?

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 7 November 2010, 22:17:56 »
All Hagekura needs is some more games with titi and he porbably knows German in and out ;)

All worked out for me, quite nicely, for an alpha tho :D
I don't know german(I wish i could know that) but,I like german indeed.coz Japan and German fought the last war together as the axis powers! ;D
I would present you more nice one in the v1.0,await!

hey, Hage, answer me this: what is the main strategy, pros/cons, etc of the Japanese faction?

here's how i see it:

Pros:
superb infantry
well built buildings

Cons:
no air units
no scouts
defenses are ok...

can we keep this?
Yo,Zoy(or brenton)! :D
I'm broadly have consensus with you in the faction's pros/cons.
but there will be a scouting unit(Ninja).
also,I might possibly make an air unit in the future.but it isn't planned at least at v1.0.
« Last Edit: 7 November 2010, 22:24:38 by Hagekura »

Japanese Faction Mod

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #106 on: 9 November 2010, 01:25:53 »
 :thumbup: But the guide is by a different person, not me. He isn't so much on, on the forums, but more on the IRC Channel. Later on I think we can implement the guide to the future wiki page of this faction. :)
Code: [Select]
[img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6895/ss105.png[/img]

Zoythrus

« Reply #107 on: 9 November 2010, 01:50:21 »
ok, we can have a ninja. he needs to have shuriken that he throws at the enemy, and dont forget the katana. but im thinking, nearly no armor or HP. long line of sight, and great speed (faster than all other units).

will this work?

P.S. when he dies, he should throw down a smoke bomb and have that as a death particle effect (it's assumed that he would have gotten away)

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #108 on: 9 November 2010, 02:17:58 »
This is a difficult matter to decide.because cannonballs of cannons used at that time were a just a chunk of metal or plumbum.there weren't HE rounds or Shrapnel rounds.so it could kill only one man if hit him exactly.Cannons were used for purely a siege purpose or threaten enemy by its large sound.but I'll give the cannon splash damage(and lower attack strength)and try some tests.If the result of the test feels good for me,I'll give them a splash damage.
I see. For splash, true, I think more testing will work it out. Hmm...but the cannon in this faction already kills the unit, no need to scare... Just that we're trying to be historically accurate while the cannon already kills the enemy units(usually), which is already not accurate... I guess we can't always make it really accurate. It'll just depend on the testing, then.

Zoythrus

« Reply #109 on: 9 November 2010, 02:21:01 »
i think it should be the most powerful cannon, but have NO splash. powerful enough to kill any standard infantry with one hit (it's the slow reload time that gets them)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 9 November 2010, 02:58:15 »
Realistically, while a cannonball doesn't explode, it doesn't just stop when it hits one guy.  It keeps going, and potentially kills a lot of people.  There's not really a way to simulate this in Glest yet, but a think a splash is better than nothing.

Mark

« Reply #111 on: 9 November 2010, 03:32:33 »
But cannons only killed at maximum 20 people (japanese did not use explosive ammo or shrapnel often), and glest is on like a 1/60 scale, so I think killing one unit is reasonable, if even a little generous.

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 9 November 2010, 04:12:26 »
I've remaked peasant_house(home).

[URL=http://img153.imageshack.us/i/peasanthouse1.jpg/][IMG]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7639/peasanthouse1.th.jpg[/img][/URL]
Now it looks slightly nicer than old one...maybe.

:thumbup: But the guide is by a different person, not me. He isn't so much on, on the forums, but more on the IRC Channel. Later on I think we can implement the guide to the future wiki page of this faction. :)
[img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6895/ss105.png[/img]
Oh,I'm sorry for him. :o I've fixed first post.anyway thx you guys! :thumbup:
I'll make a guide of my faction by myself when I'm through these busy modmaking days,
but It would be really helpful for me if you could edit wiki for the faction.since I'm not really get used to editing wikis.

ok, we can have a ninja. he needs to have shuriken that he throws at the enemy, and dont forget the katana. but im thinking, nearly no armor or HP. long line of sight, and great speed (faster than all other units).

will this work?
I would make Ninja to have moderate HP and Attack,and long line of sight and great speed like you suggested - but would not faster than horses -.shuriken attack would be an anti-air attack.also,I'm thinking give him an ability to throw powerfull bombs(it will cost EP).
P.S. when he dies, he should throw down a smoke bomb and have that as a death particle effect (it's assumed that he would have gotten away)
If such a death animation is really possible in glest,it's awesome!I was also wished to give him an such death scene.(yes,Ninjas should NEVER be fall in a captive at enemy's hands).

About cannons,I gave them a splash damage and lowered attack strength(350~550) and did some test.
they became really usefull especially against enemy missile units,still powerfull against buildings.and it was actually an exhilarating.Now the cannons are really funny to use. :O
I like it,so I've decided give them a splash-damage.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2016, 19:30:25 by filux »

Japanese Faction Mod

Zoythrus

« Reply #113 on: 9 November 2010, 04:26:36 »

will this work?
I would make Ninja to have moderate HP and Attack,and long line of sight and great speed like you suggested - but would not faster than horses -.shuriken attack would be an anti-air attack.also,I'm thinking give him an ability to throw powerfull bombs(it will cost EP).
If such a death animation is really possible in glest,it's awesome!I was also wished to give him an such death scene.(yes,Ninjas should NEVER be fall in a captive at enemy's hands).

i dont think the shuriken attack should be solely anti-air, it should just be a range attack. also, the bombs would be cool as an anti-building measure. speed-wise, the ninja should be the fastest Japanese unit, but be slightly slower than standard cavalry. i said they should have low HP/armor to balance their great speed and power. ninjas traveled light, so they wouldnt have much armor anyways. compromise.

also, ninjas should look stereotypical, only their robes would be the teamcolor (as opposed to black).

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #114 on: 9 November 2010, 04:52:21 »
:o Nice.  :thumbup:

but It would be really helpful for me if you could edit wiki for the faction.since I'm not really get used to editing wikis.
I'll try my best...I'll probably have some time later along this wiki week to create one. Hopefully others and yourself will help me then... :)

About cannons,I gave them a splash damage and lowered attack strength(350~550) and did some test.
they became really usefull especially against enemy missile units,still powerfull against buildings.and it was actually an exhilarating.Now the cannons are really funny to use. :O
I like it,so I've decided give them a splash-damage.
Sounds good :) If they are really really good, you might have to raise their price a bit then... I guess we'll see when you release the next alpha.

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 9 November 2010, 05:17:05 »
Ok,zoy.shuriken would be both ground/air attack.lower-armor is okay,but I'll give them a moderate(at least a bit higher than standard ahigarus)HP.as we go on the stereotypical Ninjas,they should trained from young age and it would give them physical strength.to keep the balancing,their cost would higher and took a long time to recruit.
I'm going to make their looks stereotypical.teamcolor is a problem indeed.especially when the color is red and yellow...It will be too standing out.but I'll think about it after I made their models.

:o Nice.  :thumbup:
Thx! :thumbup:

I'll try my best...I'll probably have some time later along this wiki to create one. Hopefully others and yourself will help me then... :)
I'll gladly help you then!

Next release would come after I've done samurai and ninja modelings.It'll take a bit long,but plz keep waiting!

Japanese Faction Mod

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #116 on: 9 November 2010, 07:46:15 »
Ahah, ze ninja! :P

Teamcolor: The main part of the robe should be black with thick teamcolor trim. ;)

Ninja Stats: Attack(Melee) - Heavy
                 Attack(Shuriken) - Moderately Heavy(Needs to have a shorter range than the archer, probably 6-8 would be good. Ninja's were very good with these.)
                 Armor - Leather(They had no armor, only black robes.)
                 HP - Normal(They were human like everybody else...)
                 Speed - Moderately Fast(They are only human, but they do have much better skills at overcoming obstacles than the average person.
                 Cost - ~600 Gold
                 Recruitment time - Very long, to give the feel that they are being trained.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 9 November 2010, 09:42:06 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kefaT6cGmtE

Ninja pwns!

Teamcolor: The main part of the robe should be black with thick teamcolor trim. ;)
Maybe I'll go on that line.

Ninja Stats: Attack(Melee) - Heavy
                 Attack(Shuriken) - Moderately Heavy(Needs to have a shorter range than the archer, probably 6-8 would be good. Ninja's were very good with these.)
                 Armor - Leather(They had no armor, only black robes.)
                 HP - Normal(They were human like everybody else...)
                 Speed - Moderately Fast(They are only human, but they do have much better skills at overcoming obstacles than the average person.
                 Cost - ~600 Gold
                 Recruitment time - Very long, to give the feel that they are being trained.
Ninja's attack have not to be so powerful.muscle to muscle fight is not their role.their main roles are espionage,assassination,sabotage.
I agree with shuriken range,It should be around 6~8.
but don't forget,they are often wear chain mails under their robes,though,I would set their armor leather.
HP and Speed is ok.their Cost would be around 200~300 golds and some woods.
and sure,their recruitment time will be much longer.

Japanese Faction Mod

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #118 on: 10 November 2010, 00:33:14 »
For the wiki page...should I list Japanese as a techtree or a faction... not sure if you are going to make opposing factions...

Zoythrus

« Reply #119 on: 10 November 2010, 01:03:09 »
well, Hage and i had discussed possibly adding more factions...

say that it's the beginning of a new mod entirely

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 10 November 2010, 02:59:32 »
I,myself am thinking the mod is not an entire new tech-tree,
at least currently,I'm thinking my mod is just a new faction.
might be in future,I am possibly making more factions,at then list it as tech-tree.
« Last Edit: 10 November 2010, 03:17:29 by Hagekura »

Japanese Faction Mod

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #121 on: 10 November 2010, 08:45:21 »
Ninja's were very skilled at close-combat. :|
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 10 November 2010, 10:23:19 »
Maybe they were skilled at colose-comabt,or maybe not.
anyway,I'm not going to make them all-rounder elite unit.
though I'll give them a relatively strong attack strength. :swordman:

Japanese Faction Mod

emscape

« Reply #123 on: 10 November 2010, 11:03:57 »
OMG this looks so asssuuuuuuummmmm!

I've got a question, is it possible to use some of your models, ofcourse you will get all the credit for them.

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 10 November 2010, 11:20:33 »
OMG this looks so asssuuuuuuummmmm!

I've got a question, is it possible to use some of your models, ofcourse you will get all the credit for them.
Thank you. :D and alright,but what models do you want to use?

Japanese Faction Mod