Author Topic: Japanese Faction mod [WIP] V0.89a released! (9 December 2011)  (Read 165751 times)

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Japanese Faction mod
« Reply #25 on: 27 October 2010, 22:21:17 »
Looks good.  :thumbup: You could always use another image host if the one you are currently using is too restrictive...

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Japanese Faction mod (Tech-tree Updated)
« Reply #26 on: 27 October 2010, 22:22:57 »
I've uploaded tech-tree plan image on first post.
It roughly describes outline of this mod would be.
the tree can be changed as progress of the mod.
sorry for low-res picture.My uploader restricts to upload larger size pictures :dead:.
Sweet! Looks cool. You can always upload to imageshack.us if you need to upload larger images than your hoster will allow.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
Re: Japanese Faction mod
« Reply #27 on: 28 October 2010, 00:35:11 »
Thanks fellas! :)
I've uploaded larger image on the imageshack.
I'm going to update specific description of each Units/Buildings/Upgrades.
« Last Edit: 28 October 2010, 00:46:14 by Hagekura »
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese Faction mod [W.I.P.]
« Reply #28 on: 28 October 2010, 02:10:57 »
Also, when you upload to imageshack, you can use the "forum thumbnail" code, which includes a smaller image with a link to the full size image, so you can post as many as you want without causing clutter or hogging bandwidth.

Example:
Code: [Select]
[URL=http://img196.imageshack.us/i/0001ck.jpg/][IMG]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9412/0001ck.th.jpg[/img][/URL]
(You can also trim off the "uploaded with..." thing.)

Code: [Select]
[URL=http://img13.imageshack.us/i/23570208.jpg/][IMG]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8273/23570208.th.jpg[/img][/URL]
« Last Edit: 27 September 2016, 19:28:10 by filux »

Zoythrus

« Reply #29 on: 28 October 2010, 03:15:40 »
you know, i was talking about adding it to the megapack. i was thinking, they dont have any air units. i can find this as a balance thing, giving them powerful infantry, but no aircraft. it would work...

you should shoot for the Megapack.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 28 October 2010, 03:32:46 »
Has anyone thought of actually asking the MG devs if they're interested in adding more factions? ::)  It's already a huge download.

Gabbe

« Reply #31 on: 28 October 2010, 03:44:27 »
Hey, Hage, did you develop this mod to balance for regular glest factions (magitech(Tech and Magic))

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 October 2010, 04:51:55 »
Thx for the tip John! :thumbup:
Can i use the code without resgistration?
next time when I upload images with imageshack,i shall use the trick.

you know, i was talking about adding it to the megapack. i was thinking, they dont have any air units. i can find this as a balance thing, giving them powerful infantry, but no aircraft. it would work...

you should shoot for the Megapack.
Fabricating air units without too much deviation from historical limit was one of my burdens about making this mod.
In japan 400 years ago(and in rest of the world),people didn't have any flying tools.Initially I was thinking introduce Falconer(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takagari)with hawks as air units.but i thought it's too difficult to make them with my modding skill.
but your proposal is getting the point.I want to make japanese as strong in infantry faction as a compensation for lack of air units and large-size units.also presence of the Ninjas(they will have long sight and fast-speed with powerful sabotage skill) and strong defence facility(Yagura) will give this faction a tactical advantage.

Hey, Hage, did you develop this mod to balance for regular glest factions (magitech(Tech and Magic))
Of course ;).I,myself love to play with magitech and megapack factions with added factions.so balancing issue is a my important task of modding.I'm often play with them as developing the mod and carefully adjust my faction's stats.I'm struggling to make my faction to won't be too much weak or strong compared with those factions.:scientist:
« Last Edit: 28 October 2010, 06:02:13 by Hagekura »

Japanese Faction Mod

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #33 on: 28 October 2010, 05:36:15 »
Can i use the code without resgistration?
Imageshack does not require, nor ever has required, registration. Feel free to just upload and forget. Though, registering an account does let you manage your images, I usually don't take the time to log in, instead opting for quickly uploading.

Has anyone thought of actually asking the MG devs if they're interested in adding more factions? ::)  It's already a huge download.
I think this is a great looking mod and may have Megapack quality, but, I'm with John, the megapack is just too big as it is!

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #34 on: 28 October 2010, 06:28:49 »
I agree this wouldn't really work in the Megapack.... but thats up to Titi and Hagekura.
Why not make your own tech tree Hage? One full of Asian historical factions?
Korean?
Chinese?
Mongolian?

.... Yes?  ::)

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 October 2010, 07:09:50 »
Imageshack does not require, nor ever has required, registration. Feel free to just upload and forget. Though, registering an account does let you manage your images, I usually don't take the time to log in, instead opting for quickly uploading.

I think this is a great looking mod and may have Megapack quality, but, I'm with John, the megapack is just too big as it is!

Thx omega.now i'm feel free to use imageshack! :)

It'll be delightful for me if megapack acquire japanese faction.but first,maybe I have to finish this mod.after that,I'll think about it.

Why not make your own tech tree Hage? One full of Asian historical factions?
Korean?
Chinese?
Mongolian?

.... Yes?  ::)

I wish i could make that.but it'll be a too big project to done by hands of me alone.
People outside asia most likely to think that they are mostly same countries :-[,but there are many differences between them.I could do a little something about japanese,but making another countries,that's a different story.

« Last Edit: 28 October 2010, 07:14:26 by Hagekura »

Japanese Faction Mod

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #36 on: 28 October 2010, 11:38:40 »
Those screenshots look very nice!
The buildings look quite big. Is the AI playing ok with it, or do units get stuck very often in a town ?
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 October 2010, 12:38:37 »
Those screenshots look very nice!
The buildings look quite big. Is the AI playing ok with it, or do units get stuck very often in a town ?
Danke schoen,Herr titi!
I have rarely seen units get stuck in those buildings.also AI places those buildings well and rarely get stucked.
though size=2 unit(Cannon) is sometimes gets stuck when AI spams buildings and units in late game.

Japanese Faction Mod

Zoythrus

« Reply #38 on: 28 October 2010, 14:16:36 »
i kinda enjoy the idea of your own mod pack, but i dont think it should be restricted to all Asian factions. Why? because they used similar (not the same) tactics and units. i think it should be part of a larger battle. think Japanese vs Arabs vs Europeans. it may not be entirely historically accurate, but it would open up different tactics and asymmetrical gameplay.

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28 October 2010, 15:36:56 »
hmn...That's a splendid plan.I'm dreaming of create such a grand mod 8) ....someday....
but I think it's too early to talk about next project.above all, I've not completed even a single mod.
for the time being,my hands and head are full of working on this mod :look:.
though after I complete it,I want to keep creating glest modding work as long as my time allows.
and next project would be a japan-related mod after all.such as another period like 19th century age of modernization,(btw do you remember tom cruise's "Last samurai" movie?) or fantasy-japanese.

Japanese Faction Mod

Zoythrus

« Reply #40 on: 28 October 2010, 15:48:35 »
i'd love to help you out. i dont do any unit creation (models, texes, anims), but i am an XML and particle artist.

anything i can do to help?

also, you should pair it up with China from the Vbros packs!
« Last Edit: 28 October 2010, 16:30:03 by Zoythrus »

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #41 on: 28 October 2010, 21:43:42 »
They've already talked about it, but right now that's for later...

Hmm, I can see why...but the quality wouldn't match...or so it seems...

Zoythrus

« Reply #42 on: 29 October 2010, 00:53:04 »
Hmm, I can see why...but the quality wouldn't match...or so it seems...

i was being sarcastic...

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29 October 2010, 04:52:16 »
That's an interesting idea.since I'm a big fan of his works(As a matter of fact,I started my modding career from editing his mods for my own).
but there is a discrepancy of orientation between his china and my current work.It'll be discord when unite them together.

Japanese Faction Mod

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 29 October 2010, 05:20:13 »
but there is a discrepancy of orientation between his china and my current work.It'll be discord when unite them together.
What do you mean?
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 29 October 2010, 05:39:33 »
Oh,please don't misunderstand what i said,sir :scared:.
Your mod is intended for work with vbros packs,and deal with fantasy motif.
mine is magitech-based and deal with historical settings.so they wouldn't be harmonic.
« Last Edit: 29 October 2010, 05:46:29 by Hagekura »

Japanese Faction Mod

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #46 on: 29 October 2010, 05:52:45 »
I like how English is your second language.... yet you write nicer than I do haha.

Hmmm, I know making your own tech-tree is hard.... But man, I wish Glest would have more historical factions sometimes.... it seems like there are many sci-fi/mythical mods though....
and next project would be a japan-related mod after all.such as another period like 19th century age of modernization,(btw do you remember tom cruise's "Last samurai" movie?) or fantasy-japanese.

Hey, if you're going to make other Japanese factions at different time periods... why not merge the factions together? Have you ever played Age Of Empires? You could make it so you have to "age up" and then unlock the next faction's units.......

I know for sure it isn't possible with Vanilla(random question, why do they call it vanilla?) or Megaglest. But I know that it's at least half possible with GAE's subfactions.

Do you like the idea?

Edit: 111th post :D

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 29 October 2010, 08:00:04 »
I have never been to abroad and have no experiences of oral communication in English.
so sometimes i doubt that is my comment get through to people rightly?
I must be more careful when I say something in English :-X.

Hey, if you're going to make other Japanese factions at different time periods... why not merge the factions together? Have you ever played Age Of Empires? You could make it so you have to "age up" and then unlock the next faction's units.......

I know for sure it isn't possible with Vanilla(random question, why do they call it vanilla?) or Megaglest. But I know that it's at least half possible with GAE's subfactions.

Do you like the idea?

I have played a AOE-like game(Rise of nations),so I know what "age up" thing is like,and I also thought is it possible to make such a mod in glest?but usually Glest game ends-up in almost 30-minutes around,this is a too short time to describe long-range periods in-depth.and it would be too busy.so i think it's better to make them separate rather than merge it together.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2010, 18:53:07 by Hagekura »

Japanese Faction Mod

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #48 on: 29 October 2010, 08:04:56 »
Except the major issue is that the AI cannot play subfactions, and thus, shouldn't be depended on until that issue is fixed.

(random question, why do they call it vanilla?)
What kind of ice cream is vanilla? Plain. Thus, vanilla glest = plain glest.

Zoythrus

« Reply #49 on: 29 October 2010, 15:14:48 »
(random question, why do they call it vanilla?)
What kind of ice cream is vanilla? Plain. Thus, vanilla glest = plain glest.
not only glest, "vanilla" can refer to the original of anything. an example would be a game w/o any expansion packs.