Author Topic: Japanese Faction mod [WIP] V0.89a released! (9 December 2011)  (Read 165749 times)

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
Re: Japanese Faction mod [WIP] V0.89a released! (9 December 2011)
« Reply #575 on: 26 June 2015, 15:50:30 »
Liked the "Namu amida butsu" sound. Reminds me of the narrator saying that in the drama series "Hissatsu Shiokinin".
You already released the Spanish sound effects, are those going to be in the Spanish units (priest and musketeer) in the future? What would they look like, aren't they like those Portuguese musketeers in Total War: Shogun 2? Will the musketeers have a secondary melee attack?

I'm still waiting for this mod's next release. Do you have any more screenshots of new units, anything? Much appreciated to see them.
I'm glad you like it. well, I've never imagined Hissatsu Shiokinin series is so fame, considering that you are not japanese. (Aren't you?) :O
Spanish troops are kinda "What if" units. There are no certain records in history that spanish send their catholic army corps to aid christian-friendly Daimyos, but I want to include some spanish units coz I'm a big fan of "Pike and Muskets" era European military history. I haven't played Shogun2 so I don't know what do they look like in there, for the time being I'm planning typical Conquistador style, with Morion helm and buff coat with cuirass.
The spanish musketeers won't have melee attack, since If I add them secondly melee attack ability, AI can't handle them.
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

titi_son

• Draco Rider
  • titi_son
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 26 June 2015, 17:40:46 »
I showed titi a week ago that beating two megas with him is not hard at all, after he lost several times with other people :D (with and against japanese of course ;) )

Looking forward to updates of course... I think Japanese is rank two on the list of mods i play most (after megapack).  :angel:
My first Tilseset: SPRING :) (included in Megaglest )

Secret Hint: To play online join the IRC #megaglest-lobby on freenode which is the lobby chat ingame. So you can chat with or wait for people in the lobby without running megaglest all the time.

Carl the Great

• Technician
  • This is the personal text section of my profile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 26 June 2015, 18:24:46 »
This may help you: http://www.honga.net/totalwar/shogun2/unit.php?l=en&v=shogun2&f=otomo&u=Inf_Missile_Portuguese_Tercos
You never have to play Shogun 2 to look at this. They look Spanish to me, though.

The Hissatsu drama series had fame, even though I am neither Japanese or descended from one. Furthermore, the series was actually in the Edo period setting, not during the warring period.
Thanks!  ;)