Author Topic: Any extra advantage? CPU Mega vs. Human Beings :)  (Read 939 times)

mersinliali

Any extra advantage? CPU Mega vs. Human Beings :)
« on: 13 November 2010, 16:28:08 »
Hi,

I really wonder whether CPU Mega has any advantages over others, which is called "pull" in informal English. CPU Mega seems to have extra harvesting speed, but I may be mistaken. I will be glad to hear that it doesn't have "pull". I wanna beat it only if we are equal. :)

Sincerely,
Ali

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Any extra advantage? CPU Mega vs. Human Beings :)
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2010, 18:05:25 »
Hi,

I really wonder whether CPU Mega has any advantages over others, which is called "pull" in informal English. CPU Mega seems to have extra harvesting speed, but I may be mistaken. I will be glad to hear that it doesn't have "pull". I wanna beat it only if we are equal. :)

Sincerely,
Ali
Indeed, the Mega has a resource advantage. If I recall, the easy cpu makes 50% the normal resources, while the ultra cpu makes 150%, and the mega cpu makes 200%.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2010, 18:18:25 »
Iin GAE, Megas have a 5x resource multiplyer(5 times the regular normal of resources you get from your worker/mage) + Better AI.

in MG, well the next version of it/SVN HEAD, harvesting has been improved, so it only has 4x the times of resources...You can try to balance it though...at least for now.
(click to show/hide)

Basically, the cpus will never be equal...normal is the closest to that. But then  normals get too easy...

mersinliali

« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2010, 20:01:18 »
I had believed that there was an algorithm by which the CPU was calculating the most efficient way such as maximum resource harvisting and unit producing in minimum time. I tried to find the same way, and I think you guess... That belief drove me crazy in the course of time. Finally I threw in the towel.

However, still, I love Glest.

Thank you.
Best wishes,
Ali

anything