Author Topic: Game crash help (also framerate issues)  (Read 993 times)

discodowney

Game crash help (also framerate issues)
« on: 29 November 2010, 16:35:11 »
So i was just playing a skirmish and the game crashed. came up with:

Exception: In Glest::Gui::Selection::recall Group(..\..\..\source\game\gui\selection.cpp: 208) Runtime check fail: groups[groupIndex] != NULL && groups[groupIndex]->isAlive()

Ill play again and see if this error comes up again. Im not sure whether its associated or not but i was having serious framerate issues. When my army was fighting the CPU it was bouncing between about 11 and 30 FPS.

discodowney

Re: Game crash help (also framerate issues)
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2010, 19:44:40 »
Okay the game didnt seem to crash this time, but the framerate still drops. This time it drops when im not doing anything, just waiting for units to be built. Then after a few minutes it shot back to normal, then again a few minutes later it went to down. When it goes down it goes down to ~1 FPS. The previous post i was looking at the World/Update FPS not the Render one. My CPU usage was only between 25 - 30% so that shouldnt affect the game. I cant see why its dropping.

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2010, 20:19:02 »
Update your working copy to resolve the crash ;)

What 'configuration' are you using? 'debug' will be slow, especially once many units are active, 'RelWithDebInfo' is probably best for testing.

Also, what sort of video card is this with, and is it sufficiently cooled? If frame rates are are jumping up and down, it could be that you video card is cooking, and deliberately slowing down to shed heat.
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

discodowney

« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2010, 16:22:17 »
Cool ill give it a shot. Should i just check for updates every day before i start working on it - cant hurt actually.

The Graphics card is a 1GB  Nvidia GeForce GT 330M. It plays Starcraft 2 so it shouldnt have any trouble here i dont think.