Author Topic: [Fixed rev 985] BUG: Effects causing negative HP regeneration not functioning  (Read 861 times)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Sorry if this has already been fixed, but seeing how little used effects are and that I've heard no mention of it, I assume not, and it is a bug in 0.3. As the title explains, effects cannot bring regeneration past zero (aka: no regen). In short, you cannot use effects to create negative hp regeneration, which would be used to create HP draining, sapping health, poison, injuries, etc etc.

This is one effect tag is even used in an example on the wiki (worth mentioning the wiki's examples are outdated and things like "movement-speed" need to be changed to "move-speed" and so on...

Also worth noting that you can reduce HP regen if it's already over zero, but you can't make it a negative number. (ie: an effect that gives -50 HP regen that affects a unit with 3 HP regen will end up with no HP regen instead of the -47 it should be).
« Last Edit: 3 December 2010, 14:00:46 by silnarm »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

the warlord of the reich

Re: BUG: Effects causing negative HP regeneration not functioning
« Reply #1 on: 3 December 2010, 10:01:59 »
exellent idea omega!

a soldier bleeding on the battlefield eh? :O :O :O

dying lifes. poisoned warriors. the wounded falling down as the sun comes down off the sky

also how about a field hospital? units in its field will slowly heal.

also changes on the model's body. it will look more bloody and dirty when are more injured with some bandages on aswell. also decreased stats.

and i got this amazing idea!!!!!!!!!! how about suply caravans and wagons? like in rise of nations. a suply waggon when units in its radius will heal and have an increased rate of attackand damage and defense and artillery gets bonuses. what do you think about it?

i am grateful to see glest is sooooo cool. never stopes expanding! its probably has been modded. changed. modfied. edited, dident miss anything at all!

is theres a reward for that???
« Last Edit: 3 December 2010, 10:05:11 by the warlord of the reich »

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
Re: BUG: Effects causing negative HP regeneration not functioning
« Reply #2 on: 3 December 2010, 14:00:14 »
I thought I had noticed and fixed that... seems not. I got a bit heavy handed, negative speeds and 0 or less sight were causing problems, so I clamped all the calculations. Fixed in rev 985.
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads