Author Topic: Toolbox  (Read 3203 times)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Toolbox
« on: 28 December 2010, 05:49:41 »
This is the central place to find tools and guides on the forums. All these tools are freely available and many are open source. For knowledge, the Glest Wiki and Glest Guide may be of use. Note that many links link offsite.

Tools
  • G3DHack: A tool used for viewing and performing optimization to G3D models.
  • Blender: A 3D modeling program with an exporter available to export to Glest's G3D format.
  • GIMP: A powerful image editor.
  • Paint.NET: An alternative image editor.
  • Notepad++: A fast text editor with syntax highlighting and many other features to make XML work easier.
  • Audacity: An audio editor with recording and sound editing features.
  • GIMP Low Frequency Plugin: A plugin for the GIMP which lets you remove low frequency brightness and color differences to make tiled images.
  • GIMP Resynthesizer Plugin: A plugin for the GIMP which allows you to try and remove objects from images, filling in the blank spot.
  • GlestTools: A pack of python scripts that allow the user to make animated GIFs, pack their mod, etc.
  • Techtree Flowchart: A tool to create a simple web flowchart for a faction.
Most of these tools are also available for Linux via the Package Manager.

Knowledge
General

Modeling

Texturing

Animation

Exporting

Resources

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 5 August 2016, 02:48:37 by -Archmage- »
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Toolbox
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2011, 00:12:43 »
As per Titi's suggestion, I've added a few links to relevant threads, but I'm not really sure what all we need.  Feel free to suggest some links of topics on the board and elsewhere on the web that should go here and one of us will add them.

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2011, 00:36:15 »
Massive change to merge links in the FAQ and this topic into this one. The latter has been unsticked. Changes include conversion to list, checking all links for validity, adding many new links including Wiki and Glest guide individual pages, added descriptions to the tools, and improved categorization. It can always be expanded, though, so feel free to post any changes you think should be done.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2011, 09:14:36 »
Updated to include the normal mapping tutorial from this post: https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=6103.msg74453#msg74453

anything