Author Topic: Windowed mode on Linux  (Read 5600 times)

WonderClown

Windowed mode on Linux
« on: 22 May 2005, 16:25:28 »
I can't get glest to run in windowed mode on Linux, even though it works fine fullscreen.  I set ChangeDisplay=0 in glest.ini, and here's what I get:

void Shared::Platform::Window::setStyle(Shared::Platform::WindowStyle) not implemented.
void Shared::Platform::Window::setBounds(int, int, int, int) not implemented.
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

The first two errors happen even in fullscreen mode, but everything continues on just fine, so I suspect they have nothing to do with the current problem.  My system is an amd64 running Gentoo, with a Radeon 9200 using the latest ATI binary drivers and X.org 6.8.2.  I'm using the latest Gentoo glest package (v1.0.10_p7).  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by WonderClown »

Dr. Doog

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2005, 20:37:45 »
it's a fullscreen type game, why would you want to run it windowed anyway?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Dr. Doog »

MatzeB

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2005, 14:23:58 »
Next linux release will work in windowed mode.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by MatzeB »

pseudonym404

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2006, 12:50:13 »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Another useful reason for windowed mode is for those of us using Nvidia's inbuilt xinerama, ie. my computer's video-out runs to my tv (for watching movies and such) so the actual screen real estate is 2048x768. Without windowing control I can't stop glest from running half on each screen.

I realise this is an old thread, but I just worked out that if you use the x server's xinerama extension instead of nvidia's (still using the nvidia drivers), sdl fullscreen apps use the primary screen instead of being split across both. Most sdl fullscreen apps still grab input (mouse & keyboard), so you won't be able to move the mouse outside the fullscreen app, but this is probably a good thing for glest, as it scrolls the view on the screen edges :)
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by pseudonym404 »

anything