Author Topic: GAE Download Statistics  (Read 1439 times)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
GAE Download Statistics
« on: 24 February 2011, 03:26:31 »
GAE Download Statistics

Just thought it might be interesting to take a closer look at just who is downloading GAE. Unfortunately, GAE has not had the kind of publicy that MG has had.

As we see here, USA is the top downloader, followed by China and Germany. For operating systems, as seen here, Windows is dominant at 70%, followed by Linux at 11.5%, though 6% of the downloads are of unknown OS's.

Resources:
Countries: http://sourceforge.net/projects/glestae/files/stats/map?dates=2003-12-01+to+2011-02-23 (Retrieved 23 February 2011)
Operating Systems: http://sourceforge.net/projects/glestae/files/stats/os?dates=2008-09-30%20to%202011-02-23 (Retrieved 23 February 2011)
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Gabbe

Re: GAE Download Statistics
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2011, 15:29:01 »
Cool! Norway actually has some downloads! Amazing considering the tiny population!

Tununias

« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2011, 18:40:22 »
I think I'm going to switch to GAE. I originally chose MG because the name sounded cooler, but I never play online or anything. Do the VBros packs work with GAE? It seems like mods made for MG would probably work for GAE since GAE has even more features than MG.  :swordman:
(This sort of has to do with GAE Download Statistics since I'll be downloading GAE)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2011, 19:14:31 »
Do the VBros packs work with GAE? It seems like mods made for MG would probably work for GAE since GAE has even more features than MG.  :swordman:
(This sort of has to do with GAE Download Statistics since I'll be downloading GAE)
Currently, anything that works in MG should work in GAE as well.

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2011, 19:23:37 »
In Git-Master it should work (unless Eliminator/Tiger added a MG only feature), but some of the Vbros mods have jpg textures which GAE 0.3.2 doesn't support.

I think I'm going to switch to GAE. I originally chose MG because the name sounded cooler, but I never play online or anything. Do the VBros packs work with GAE? It seems like mods made for MG would probably work for GAE since GAE has even more features than MG.  :swordman:
Unfortunately features aren't everything...which is why Glest 4 will be awesome.

Tununias

« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2011, 15:52:39 »
In Git-Master it should work (unless Eliminator/Tiger added a MG only feature), but some of the Vbros mods have jpg textures which GAE 0.3.2 doesn't support.

I think I'm going to switch to GAE. I originally chose MG because the name sounded cooler, but I never play online or anything. Do the VBros packs work with GAE? It seems like mods made for MG would probably work for GAE since GAE has even more features than MG.  :swordman:
Unfortunately features aren't everything...which is why Glest 4 will be awesome.
What is Glest 4?

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2011, 17:21:23 »

What is Glest 4?

The future/super-distant merge between MG and GAE.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com