Author Topic: Bug with object names translations?  (Read 1371 times)

Perplesso

Bug with object names translations?
« on: 5 March 2011, 10:46:45 »
Hi all,

I'm trying to translate GAE Magitech factions in Italian, but I'm facing a problem: object names seem not to be loaded from translation files.
I've created new files (magitech_it.lng, magic_it.lng, tech_it.lng), and I'm testing them. They work only partially:
- messages, command names and tooltips from magic_it.lng and tech_it.lng are displayed correctly translated (for example, "Ritual" is displayed as "Rituale" and so on)
- resource names are displayed always untranslated (for example, "Energy" does not appear as "Energia" and so on)

Is it a known bug?
« Last Edit: 5 March 2011, 15:05:43 by Perplesso »

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Bug with object names translations?
« Reply #1 on: 6 March 2011, 06:18:01 »
Probably an overlook. Originally (and in 0.3.2) the faction name was untranslated too, though that was fixed in the current master. Thanks for pointing these out, so that they too, can be fixed.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 6 March 2011, 06:55:53 »
I'm seeing the same behavior in git master.  Resource strings are translated for requirements in the unit tips, but not in the top bar or in the "you don't have enough" messages.

Also I see that the name of the unit selected isn't translated either (should be "Siervo").  It's translated in the tips, though.

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 9 March 2011, 19:20:39 »
Hi all,

Greetings :) Thanks for taking the time to translate the new tech/faction lang files :thumbup:

- resource names are displayed always untranslated (for example, "Energy" does not appear as "Energia" and so on)

Is it a known bug?

I'm seeing the same behavior in git master.  Resource strings are translated for requirements in the unit tips, but not in the top bar or in the "you don't have enough" messages.
Also I see that the name of the unit selected isn't translated either (should be "Siervo").  It's translated in the tips, though.

Thanks guys, will get these ones fixed up, given the number of strings 'floating around in the engine' there is/was plenty of opportunity to miss some, if you spot any more, please let us know!
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

Perplesso

« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2011, 17:39:54 »
...next part: what is the "official" (correct? usual?) way to send my translated files in order to be included into version of Glest tested by the community?

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 1 April 2011, 14:10:49 »
...next part: what is the "official" (correct? usual?) way to send my translated files in order to be included into version of Glest tested by the community?

errr... we don't have one! But it will be nice to come up with one and ship with some proper translations :thumbup:

Probably the best bet is to open a ticket, make the 'summary' something like 'Italian translation for 0.4' and set the Milestone to 0.4, (type = 'patch' is perhaps most appropriate). And then attach the files to the ticket.

I like tickets ;), a ticket with milestone 0.4 can't be forgotten, because we can't release without closing that ticket (in this case, adding your lang files).
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

Perplesso

« Reply #6 on: 9 April 2011, 10:52:08 »
Done.

anything