Author Topic: Error in language data file  (Read 4783 times)

hernan84

Error in language data file
« on: 13 March 2011, 23:39:27 »
Greetings!

This is the first time I ever have an error trying to run megaglest of course this is the first time I try to run it on openSUSE 11.4. I can't start any game or apply any configuration as every time I click OK same error comes up.
Running the game on command line some lang data errors can be found:

Code: [Select]
[2011-03-12 19:24:37] *ERROR* Font not found [-*-helvetica-*-r-*-*-15-*-*-*-*-*-*-*] trying to fallback to [fixed]
[2011-03-12 19:24:37] *ERROR* Font not found [-*-helvetica-*-r-*-*-19-*-*-*-*-*-*-*] trying to fallback to [fixed]
Couldn't play static sound: [Problem unqueuing buffers in audio source: Invalid Value]
[2011-03-12 19:24:42] *ERROR* In [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/megaglest-source-3.4.0/source/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal/sound_player_openal.cpp::play Line: 437] Error [Problem unqueuing buffers in audio source: Invalid Value]
[2011-03-12 19:24:42] *ERROR* In [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/megaglest-source-3.4.0/source/glest_game/global/lang.cpp::get Line: 98] Error [Value not found in propertyMap: MapFilter, loaded from: data/lang/espanol.lng]
[2011-03-12 19:24:42] *ERROR* In [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/megaglest-source-3.4.0/source/glest_game/global/lang.cpp::get Line: 98] Error [Value not found in propertyMap: Enabled, loaded from: data/lang/espanol.lng]
[2011-03-12 19:24:42] *ERROR* In [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/megaglest-source-3.4.0/source/glest_game/global/lang.cpp::get Line: 98] Error [Value not found in propertyMap: Explored, loaded from: data/lang/espanol.lng]
[2011-03-12 19:24:42] *ERROR* In [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/megaglest-source-3.4.0/source/glest_game/global/lang.cpp::get Line: 98] Error [Value not found in propertyMap: AllowObservers, loaded from: data/lang/espanol.lng]
[2011-03-12 19:24:42] *ERROR* In [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/megaglest-source-3.4.0/source/glest_game/global/lang.cpp::get Line: 98] Error [Value not found in propertyMap: AdvancedGameOptions, loaded from: data/lang/espanol.lng]
[2011-03-12 19:24:42] *ERROR* In [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/megaglest-source-3.4.0/source/glest_game/global/lang.cpp::get Line: 98] Error [Value not found in propertyMap: To switch off music press, loaded from: data/lang/espanol.lng]
Couldn't play static sound: [Problem unqueuing buffers in audio source: Invalid Value]
[2011-03-12 19:24:55] *ERROR* In [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/megaglest-source-3.4.0/source/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal/sound_player_openal.cpp::play Line: 437] Error [Problem unqueuing buffers in audio source: Invalid Value]
[2011-03-12 19:24:55] *ERROR* In [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/megaglest-source-3.4.0/source/glest_game/main/program.cpp::setState Line: 439] Error [Problem unqueuing buffers in audio source: Invalid Value]
[2011-03-12 19:24:55] *ERROR* In [/usr/src/packages/BUILD/megaglest-source-3.4.0/source/glest_game/main/program.cpp::setState Line: 439] Error [Problem unqueuing buffers in audio source: Invalid Value]
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  Problem unqueuing buffers in audio source: Invalid Value

By the way when I install the game I have to rename the "español.lng" file to "espanol.lng" otherwise I get a missing file error (can't find data/espanol.lng). Just after this the game starts correctly.

System details:
openSUSE 11.4, KDE 4.6, ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400.

Thanks in advance guys! Looking forward to find some players on IRC :)

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Error in language data file
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2011, 03:25:47 »
What version of megaglest and where did you get the install and how did you install it?

Thanks

hernan84

« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2011, 13:34:14 »
Megaglest 3.4 from openSUSE 11.4 repositories: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/openSUSE_11.4/
I installed it about 2 days ago.

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2011, 17:17:06 »
Seems to me they somehow packaged things wrong? The language file that i looked at español.lng DOES have those missing properties mentioned in the errors. For example in español.lng you should see:

MapFilter=Filtro de Mapa
Could you please confirm this? Also not sure what the sound problem is but edit your glestuser.ini file and edit (or add if missing) the following to disable sound and see if the game will work without sound for now:

FactorySound=None
I know the game works on Suse as I installed it on a VM that runs 11.4 without problem

hernan84

« Reply #4 on: 14 March 2011, 18:12:54 »
Seems to me they somehow packaged things wrong? The language file that i looked at español.lng DOES have those missing properties mentioned in the errors. For example in español.lng you should see:
MapFilter=Filtro de MapaCould you please confirm this?

There isn't any MapFilter property in español.lng.

Also not sure what the sound problem is but edit your glestuser.ini file and edit (or add if missing) the following to disable sound and see if the game will work without sound for now:

FactorySound=None

When I disable it (FactorySound = None) game works just perfect. Also when I change language to English there isn't any of those Spanish lang related errors. To play in english is just fine for me but what could be the sound problem?

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2011, 01:46:45 »
This sounds like a bug in your openal library, if possible you can try svn head and see if something i checked in fixes the problem for you (a workaround for a possible openal bug)

hernan84

« Reply #6 on: 15 March 2011, 03:46:47 »
Not sure how to get that but will make the try.
By the way thanks softcoder!