Author Topic: [Fixed] Units with heal skill can not heal themselves when controlled by human  (Read 2536 times)

tomreyn

• Local Moderator
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
In 3.4.0, the egyptian priest can not heal itself when it is controlled by a human player: the error message is something along the lines of "invalid order".
However, egyptian priests controlled by a Mega CPU keep healing themselves all the time. They also do it vice versa, but also by themselves.

While this could be claimed to be a feature, I'm not sure it is entirely intended...
« Last Edit: 23 April 2011, 21:19:55 by tomreyn »
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Screenshot? Probably a bug, if it's true...

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
Yup it is true. I have noticed that any healing unit can heal itself when the AI uses it, but not humans.
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
Thats because the ai gives the command to the ground!
Try to give the heal command to the ground ( between his feet when zooming in ) and you will see he can heal itself too. But maybe we should allow self healing in general.
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
OK, yes maybe if he is in the heal skill.
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

tomreyn

• Local Moderator
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Thats because the ai gives the command to the ground!
Try to give the heal command to the ground ( between his feet when zooming in ) and you will see he can heal itself too. But maybe we should allow self healing in general.

Oh, that's indeed good to know. This is not intuitive and so I agree that 'real' self-healing (i.e. target of healing is the unit model itself) should be possible. Even when you know how it works currently (I bet hardly anyone knew), it's difficult to hit the right spot, much more so in the heat of a battle.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
This is now fixed in mg and will be in the release

teersen

Well, maybe it will be good to give him an opportunity to heal allies?) I checked it right now, he can't do this.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2011, 15:15:14 by teersen »

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Well, maybe it will be good to give him an opportunity to heal allies?) I checked it right now, he can't do this.
Are the allies Egyptian?  Units can only heal other units that are specified in their own XML file, which only includes their own faction.  After the merger, this should be fixed by GAE's tag system.

teersen

Sorry, my fault, with Egyptian it works.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
It's a little counter-intuitive, but it should get sorted out in due time. :)

(I normally play the same faction as one of my allies, so we can heal and repair each other. 8))

anything