Author Topic: PLEASE, remove the new right click, move camera command.  (Read 5728 times)

treba

Re: PLEASE, remove the new right click, move camera command.
« Reply #25 on: 9 April 2011, 07:47:40 »
nobody said to not use the mouse. the mouse is still the main input, but if you just don't use your second hand, you obviously will always be slower.
also, some poeple like me like it much more to play with both hands because it relieves the mouse hand a lot.
once learned, it's much easier to play with hotkeys. it's a little bit like ten-finger-typing: you can just blindly type and everythings goes it's right way. compared to that, only mouse is like two-finger-search-typing  :P

anyways, (mega)glest doesn't support real unit-hotkeys so far. the only ones that i know are (a)ttack and (s)top. are there alreay others?
maybe that is something that could also be included after the merge. like a optional hotkey entry for every command and every unit.
will come back to that.

Gabbe

« Reply #26 on: 15 April 2011, 13:27:14 »
Well balanced keyboard RTS games have a large succes rate. Look at Starcraft and Warcraft. Nothing is even close.

Zoythrus

« Reply #27 on: 15 April 2011, 15:55:52 »
Well balanced keyboard RTS games have a large succes rate. Look at Starcraft and Warcraft. Nothing is even close.

have you ever heard of C&C?

Gabbe

« Reply #28 on: 15 April 2011, 19:23:28 »
yap, starcraft still facerolls all.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #29 on: 15 April 2011, 20:11:04 »
Ok this topic has been straying about. It ends now.

The right-click scroll needs to have a disable option, and a way to change the button you use. I hit it all the time when I'm giving commands.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

hailstone

• Local Moderator
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 16 April 2011, 07:46:16 »
I've disabled it for now. If someone really wants it then I'll add an option to enable it after the merge. Locking topic.
Glest Advanced Engine - Admin/Programmer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/glestae/

anything